There Was A Time High Note

NovemberPain

Has Axl ever hit TWAT's high note from 2010 onwards? 

6:20 He hits it perfectly.

He does it perfectly. I think on every 2010 performance he hits the high note 5:07

He almost does here in 4:00

He goes a little bit high but not nearly as much as he did in 2012. 4:00 

Almost did it. 4:00

4:14 Doesn't even try.

Is there any performance he hits aside from 2006 and 2010? Is he lazy or he has lost his range?

Think it's more to do with that song being played nearing the end of a 3 hour set and his voice probably showing strain of singing for that length of time so he plays it safe. I'd still have my money on him to hit it in the studio though. 

I remeber some fella at the Dublin show was nice enough to inform us of each song that was played. As soon as he said that TWAT was being played, he was branded a liar, wind up merchant etc until it was confirmed by someone else 😂😂

Edited by Dean

There's kinda two issues - there's the pitch of the highest note - and then there's the melody around it as seen in the studio version.

In my opinion the closest version with both the insane high and the accurate melody is 19 December 2009 in Tokyo

• Like 1

Axl lost range since 2012 and actually during this tour. It may be temporary, but it's pretty clear.

In 2017 his voice started to crack on the high notes where he managed to keep the rasp even after 2011 - parts such as the Better bridge, the ending of YCBM. He stopped going for those shows a bit during the year, both in terms of how high he went and how much rasp he used. The voice cracks started with AC/DC, where he used this specific voice a lot, so probably got a bit worn down.

In the last few shows it came back a bit - in TWAT at the forum you can see him hesitate, then go for rasp (for the first time in a the year in this song), but not for the high note.