GNR Videos Now in 1080p

• downzy changed the title to The Garden in 1080p
  • downzy changed the title to GNR Videos Now in 1080p

Yeah, if the original videos were 480, you can't magically make them 1080.  You can use certain contrast and hue tricks to make things seem sharper, but you can't really add graphical data to an image without physically redoing it pixel by pixel.  Upscaling basically only makes something sharper and clearer so that it doesn't look like shit on a 1080p display.  The image isn't actually 1080p.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

Paradise - always my favorite video!!

I would love to see the old MTV live performances cleaned up too!!!!!!

My favorite all time video too... It is a shame that they can't edit Sweet Child at this point to the full version of the song.. That would have been something cool to do for the Box Set..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The alternate version (colored) of SCOM has been uploaded also in 1080p.

From the old videos, the only one that now has 1080 is Paradise City. Same views as always, but now in 1080p.

this shit never gets old

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EvH said:

They really have never looked cooler than in the Sweet Child video. The epitome of coolness.

I haven't watched the SCOM video in a very long time, it looks pretty good. I remember watching that video when I was about 8 or 9 years old. Every time I turned it to MTV it was playing, if not, you would only have to wait a few minutes for it to be on. I remember thinking these guys are soooo cool! That was the start of my obsession. I also use to try to draw those tattoos on my arm :lol: :headbang:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Question regarding The Garden.

Did Alice Cooper write the lyrics for his part or Axl?

It was written by the GN'R guys, if the chorus is by Axl, Del or West I'm not quite sure, but GN'R demoed it with West in the Hell house if I remember correctly :)

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Thanks 1