Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

I posted this in another thread yesterday but Fernando and Beta and Vanessa have always been cool to me especially in Australia,Buffalo and Toronto so thanks for that.

A few years ago before the reunion I posted an idea on here about fans getting to vote online for a song to be played at each show similar to what Metallica does. The choices would not be staples like SCOM or WTTJ and maybe even there'd be room for a write in song. You were open to the idea so any chance of it happening? Thanks! 

Hello Fernando. 

Thanks for being here. I have a question. With all the great late night shows. And every big star on it.  Wouldn't it be a great idea of gnr performing with James Gordon, or late night show or any other.  And do a medley kind of thijg. Like performing shadow of your love in full and perhaps a uyi/tsi/chinese mashup and bring this band back on the tv screens and blow everyone away?

11 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

@Fernando hi psyched to have you here! But are you really Fernando and not Axl this time? :lol:

Just trying here. :headbang:

Unless Axl has taken over Fernando’s email account, I’m 99.999999 percent certain it’s Fernando. 

Looks like he wasn’t able to respond this morning but we’ll keep the thread open should he find some time to come back today. 

17 minutes ago, Evil Ash said:

Why don't we organize this a little more and make a list of questions he can answer next time he comes round?

I agree. There's a ton of real good questions, starting from page 8, that are very interesting and would be great to have them answered. These last pages are just repetitive of what was asked before.

• Like 1

Some of the questions asked are unfair to expect a reasonable answer on. But just Bc he hasn’t answered anything in a day doesn’t mean you should ask a desperate question for attention knowing he will find it impossible to answer or it be something offensive. 

Really he’s not here to answer questions for Axl and Slash. He can speak on his behalf, on the upcoming tour (he’s shown a willingness to speak on merch), his thoughts and so forth. Just be respectful even if at times it seems the band has not given that respect to the fans. I just see this is something that is going to start leaning on out of control questions and comments that have no merit.

the way I see it Fernando tweeted something that felt directed at the fans here, of course we weren’t happy about it, but he put out the olive branch and cooled the situation, I don’t think he came here for a full interview 

• Like 2

On 19/05/2018 at 5:14 AM, Fernando said:

Thanks man, it is in my nature to help where and when I can.  

I think that goes without saying, and your whole family is the same. I've met your sister a few times and she is a lovely human being. 

You're a brave man for coming on to a forum Fernando, with some idiots around, but credit to you. 

Q) Is there any part of the world (country, city,town) that Axl and the gang haven't played at yet that they really want to? 

Cheers, Scott

Somebody told he answered that there will be new music. I would like to know what that means. I mean, they could be working on CD leftovers or they could be working on entirely new music. At least to me that is a big difference and I would love it if that can be clarified.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Somebody told he answered that there will be new music. I would like to know what that means. I mean, they could be working on CD leftovers or they could be working on entirely new music. At least to me that is a big difference and I would love it if that can be clarified.

GNR definitions of "new" are very different from the rest of the humans in this world.

On 18/05/2018 at 4:09 PM, Fernando said:

That's the question, eh!  We just released a brand new single! 

Yes, I am sure there will be.  

• Like 2

I think people are blowing the whole Fernando calling SOYL single new out of proportion. I think he’s moreso referring to what the single means. He’s not dumb, he’s well aware that the single was recorded 30 years ago, but rather I think what he’s saying is look: the band released something, it’s a start, and more will or can follow from this.

@Fernando this is what you meant, right? (Lol that’s my use of one question per poster)

hey fernando, you mention about your role in overseeing all design on merch - i think its well known that slash owns designed the classic era of gnr imagery and which this NITL is basing itself on based on re introducing the classic imagery for the first time in 93 - is slash involved in that still? 

i have to say i don't like that new jacket that came out it looks really tacky and im not sure who would wear that - the classic UYI font of GNR on those white shorts are pretty sweet but axl was wearing that already during that era