Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

On 5/17/2018 at 1:54 PM, tsinindy said:

He did, I was in a meeting.  He’s just an immature whiner in over his head.

I said this yesterday and I want to man up and apologize for it.  It was a class-less comment and I give @Fernando all the credit in the world for stopping in today and interacting with us a bit.  I was serious about the appreciation of your courtesy in St Louis and you gained a lot of respect from me today as well.  Sorry for a couple things I said yesterday in the heat of the moment.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

@Fernando I have a question: Has the band/management discussed releasing a similar box/package of previously unreleased music for the UYIs or CD as you are now doing for AFD?

Cool, but I think  new songs/album should be add to the pakage

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

No. 

The guys feel really happy with how the box was put together and everything that is included within it, will that open other opportunities for the guys to release more stuff? I don't know, but it's always a possibility.

Fernando, whose decision was it to omit One in a Million from the boxset?  Was it the band that organized the content included in the super deluxe package, or did the label have the most influence on the final product?

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

I said this yesterday and I want to man up and apologize for it.  It was a class-less comment and I give @Fernando all the credit in the world for stopping in today and interacting with us a bit.  I was serious about the appreciation of your courtesy in St Louis and you gained a lot of respect from me today as well.  Sorry for a couple things I said yesterday in the heat of the moment.  

Thanks man, it is in my nature to help where and when I can.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

No. 

The guys feel really happy with how the box was put together and everything that is included within it, will that open other opportunities for the guys to release more stuff? I don't know, but it's always a possibility.

Thank you (I am out of 'likes'). 

Here's a harder one ;): Are there are legal obstacles to releasing more material from what we refer to as the "CD sessions"? Songs that were originally intended to go on follow-up(s) to CD?

Hi Fernando, if you're here for a little Q/A session, my question is very simple: I missed the Paris show last year, but I'm attending the one next month. Would it please be possible to sell the exact same exclusive T-Shirt that was on sale last year for this show? I would buy a few just to wear for the upcoming 10 years (no joke). I really dig this design. Thanks in advance for your answer ; )

Also, if you released blu-rays with UYI shows with the same quality as the one which recently surfaced, I'd buy them in an instant. It can't be too hard to make this happen, right?

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Cool, but I think  new songs/album should be add to the pakage

If you're talking about the AFD box, shouldn't it just be strictly AFD era stuff? Plus there is the Plague song and New Work Tune, which may be all that's left

Just now, Fernando said:

That's the question, eh!  We just released a brand new single! 

Yes, I am sure there will be.  

Thanks for responding.  I appreciate that the band just released Shadow of Your Love.  It's just that after so many years, I'm excited for more.  I wanted to know if there would be either an EP or an album of recently written/recorded material?  Or even one or two new songs added to the setlist?  

I don't know how these things work.  I guess I just assume writing and recording songs doesn't take that long?  Or does it?  Is it not a simple matter then? :shrugs:

Would be legitimately cool to see Shadow Of Your Love added to the setlist, even if it is nearly as old as I am.

Fernando, serious question here, do you have any theories as to why Axl is so reticent to release new music? It just seems like pulling teeth with GNR, and it doesn't seem to be this hard for other artists/bands, I really don't get it. I know Axl would say we shouldn't be "entitled" and to "live our lives" etc, but I think I can talk for the vast majority of hardcore GNR fans that it really sucks not having at least the occasional new GNR song. Has Axl lost confidence or is he scared to open up old wounds with Slash/Duff?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Before or after a heavy workout?

Now do you mean the ENTIRE fanbase or just some? 

If the play Locomotive, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up and Perfect Crime I buy tickets for every single show :headbang:

• Like 4

In all seriousness though...

Don' take anything to heart that you read here.  There is always something for us mere mortals here to disagree with and argue about.  The band are active and despite who is there or isn't there we should at least be grateful that DJ Ashba has gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

If you're talking about the AFD box, shouldn't it just be strictly AFD era stuff? Plus there is the Plague song and New Work Tune, which may be all that's left

No, I'm talking about possible future box sets

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Before or after a heavy workout?

Now do you mean the ENTIRE fanbase or just some? 

Damn lots of good questions being asked here folks! And thanks Fernando for answering wow!

Haha well maybe not ALL of us, but many, many people wish the guys wouldn't overlook so many of the UYI songs on this tour, it would be really great if they included some fan favourites like Breakdown, Locomotive, The Garden, Perfect Crime etc. in the set again!

• Like 3