Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

Just now, Fernando said:

It's not taking it to heart, it's just such a downer to read such hatred directed at people I know, love and respect; based on misinformation.  It isn't right and as you say, we are a tight community that loves the band, then we should remain strong together and fix issues with creativity and productivity versus name calling and tossing shit everywhere.  shit's not cool! haha

So true. I know a lot of people here are frustrated with the lack of info provided by the band about new music, etc, but the personal attacks on your family must be tiring at times.

24 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

@Fernando can you comment on any other North American dates this year? I saw on Nightrain that you said something about a possible Hawaii show. Anything other than that?

HAWAiI show? Like ELVIS style❓🌞

@Fernando

Don't you think the misinformation is in part GNR's fault? I mean, you guys basically disappear until you have something new to sell. It's been 10 years since CD. Slash's return was great but he's now preparing for a new Conspirators release. People are confused. Some of them express themselves with anger, some are trolls, some are clueless fans who hate the fact of being clueless.

Edited by edsonandhudson
  • Like 1

@Fernando Is there anything we as fans can do to help get a new record released? We already buy tickets to shows. Buy re-releases of material. Talk about the band to friends. I think we really would like to help if we only knew what else we could do. I know music has been recorded that hasn't been released -- what does it take to get it out there?  

@Fernando what about giving the fans some raw material (as Trent Reznor did) to work with? He filmed three shows back in 2008 and gave them as a gift to be edited by fans with proper audio and video quality, it is known as "The Gift" and was one of the nicest thinghs to see. I know my youtube channel (Noise Pollution) could be in danger now (:smiley-confused2:) but i make fan multicam videos and friends here and around the world seems to like them. Imagine a "gift" for fans and how cool promotion could that be!!!

Cheers from Argentina!!!

• Like 2

At the end of the day this is a fan forum.  We are all fans in some way.  But it's impossible to please everyone at all times. 

The music is the thing that matters and it will live on and on.  The biggest frustration is that we crave more of it and we don't seem to get a lot.  Hopefully this is rectified at some point.  We are all secretly rooting for Axl.  I was so happy when he kicked ass in AC/DC because he gets dealt shit from every side, all of the time and he seemed to win a few people over. 

It's really cool to get old stuff that is "new" but I really hope we get some "new" stuff that is "new".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We live in a scary world nowadays, things are being done and said that changes the course of one's life in a moment's time.

Hi Fernando,

As a longtime diehard GNR fan, I can tell you we respect all that you do!  Thanks for all you do!  When will the Troubadour show from 2016 be released on DVD?  I was there and it was awesome!  I'd love to see a GNR gallery or exhibition of memorabilia again in LA in celebration of the new Boxset.  I'll be at the Berlin show!  See you all there!  -Kevin B.

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's not taking it to heart, it's just such a downer to read such hatred directed at people I know, love and respect; based on misinformation.  It isn't right and as you say, we are a tight community that loves the band, then we should remain strong together and fix issues with creativity and productivity versus name calling and tossing shit everywhere.  shit's not cool! haha

So true. Could not agree more. And unfortunately the internet makes some people think it is ok to hide behind their computer screens and say things outta their asses with no concern on how it makes others feel. 😣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We don't mean to be disrespectful either. We also have differents opinions. Some Love Izzy and Adler. Others love Richard and Frank. Some love the set list others me included would like some changes. We wish we could have better communication. More news and more explanations about some issues. That is all. Sometimes it's hard for us to deal with with so little news. We are willing to understand your situation. We just hope you can understand us

Thanks a lot for your time :)

• Like 2

Just now, Free Bird said:

All I wanna know is if we could hope for new music from this line up...

All I wanna know is that if they release new music Frank, Melissa and Frank will have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2