Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I would like a lot of things, however I know what it's within my responsibility, in order to achieve such want.

It's not fair or just to say the things said (here and there) because the band doesn't consist of members you feel better suited, I think that's up to the guys in the band, no?

So Axl, Slash and Duff just don't feel confortable having Izzy and Adler around? Why?

@Fernando Forgot to say, thanks for coming to Oslo this July. Looking forward to it. And if anyone in the organization is up for a one-day mountain hike in the beautiful Jotunheimen before (or after) the show, let me know (you have my contact info). I take tour groups there every year and I am sure it would be great for you guys to relax and wind down a bit between the hectic touring. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I get it... It would be great to have Axl, Slash and Duff release something but Frank is just so bad.. Fortus is whatever and Melissa needs to disappear..  Axl, Duff and Slash recording all the guitars with a session drummer could be cool..

Wait... I thought you liked Richard, Frank, and Melissa :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Dude, we deduced this April 1, 2016

A straight answer would be nice to put it all to rest, a clear message sent rather than letting the community get washed up in wishful thinking and wait to see what in the world is going on with this band.

The band has become a brand to sell posters and shirts instead of a band, creating and celebrating their music.  These responses of self back-patting have only solidified that fact.

• Like 1

@Fernando is there any plans to release new music in the future? I don't mean remastered songs like 'Shadow Of Your Love' or 'Crash Diet' or any other old demo we've been listening to for years... will songs like Atlas Shrugged or The General ever be released? Is there a plan to re-write Chinese-era songs with Slash and Duff? Are they writing anything new from scratch?

I know you can't give specifics but it'd be nice to know if 'something' is in the works. :)

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don't think this will ever see the light of day.

Our vision for that show was directed as a trip to the past, no phones just pure music, love and being there/bragging rights like back then was.

What about the last 2 shows in LA 2016? thise were professionally recorded right?

Unfortunately I don't think this will ever see the light of day.

Our vision for that show was directed as a trip to the past, no phones just pure music, love and being there/bragging rights like back then was.

I would love to see footage of their very first show at the Troubadour back in March 85

Also understand that there are a lot of questions that Fernando can't answer.  No harm in asking them, but don't get your hopes up if questions about new music and future plans are ignored or not shown any specificity.  

I think we can all agree we'd love to hear new music with the GNR label on it.   And I say this as someone who knows as much about new music as any of you.  

• Like 1

@Fernando

One more question, I guess it's an easy one. What stops GNR from releasing a song? Industry has changed, albums are not a must anymore. And I'm sure there's plenty of tracks ready for a release. How hard is it to get to iTunes or something from a manager perspective? Is Axl against releasing singles? Don't you think a well promoted GNR song with a cheap lyric video on Youtube would generate lots of income compared to a box-set (that must be a lil costly in your end)?