WillBailey

What's happening with the new unsurfaced pro-shots?

Hello guys,

Some of you might remember one forum member posting this in the original Saskatoon thread, gone away thanks to the IFPI and whoever is behind that fiasco:

"(...) if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real."

It was about 2-3 weeks ago. Tapes have been sent to Limulus apparently. We didn't have any news afterward. What's the status with this project? Will we ever see these tapes? Are they in good shape? It'd be great to see some stills from them (I guess they're not 100% digitally transferred as of now), especially Vienna 93 if it's complete and Lyon 93 because it sounds interesting. Helsinki 91 sounds cool too.

No one else is curious about that? For once it won't come from bootleggers first (hello St Louis, Saskatoon), so it should be shared more easily I guess. I know Limulus will take good care of the tapes but I also know he is very busy so if I can help with the VHS transfer (just raw transfer to MPEG2/ MP4/ other format for instance), just let me know!

And if we could hear more about this project and tentative release dates, it'd be awesome! Thanks to all involved!

Hmmm ok, it did sound too good to be true, I just wanted to make sure Limulus did receive the tapes. If he has not, well we know these don't exist. Oh well, I always wonder why people make up stuff like that...

While it most certainly could be a hoax, I don't think it's particularly likely. The poster isn't really active here, and would have nothing to gain on lying - there's no incentive to do so. 

Besides, it hasn't been that long. It was posted in the second Saskatoon thread, just under two weeks ago. However,  it would be great to hear something from Limulus regarding this. 

Edited by Waemoth

They live (him and Limulus) in Austria/ Germany, which means tapes should have taken a couple of days to arrive, 4-5 days max if you count the weekend. Its way past that. Like i said i dont know why people would make up stories like that, but until we got a word or stills from the tapes from Limulus, its hard to believe.

I asked the guy what was happening. He said that they will be shared, he said that he was (as of the 10th of May) sorting through his things and was going to send things to Litmus next week. He also said that transfering the tapes could take some time.

He also said that there were other things that he didn't mention in his original post that I believe will be sent to Litmus (didn't mention anything specific). However he did say there were other AFD pro shot shows that will be released if things to to plan. He said that " All together there should be footage of about 15 different, yet uncirculating gigs", I think they will be AUD and PRO. He said however that he hasn't seen ALL of the things as he doesnt have anything to play them on.

He also wanted to clarify that he isn't a hoarder, he was never really a hardcore fan, but collected these about 15 years ago, back then there was no real way to share these sort of things. Then when the AFD box set was released he dug out his collection and realised how good the stuff he had was, and then he left the message on the forum.

PLEASE NOTE

This is what he has told me, I have seen nothing, just told this^^, I am simply informing everyone. This is all I know

But I have heard nothing to suggest this guy is lying, time will tell. 

ALSO I am very sorry to AFDRR if he wanted me to keep this to myself or not tell anyone, I messaged you and have gotten nothing back and I believe that the people deserve to know

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, ; D said:

I asked the guy what was happening. He said that they will be shared, he said that he was (as of the 10th of May) sorting through his things and was going to send things to Litmus next week. He also said that transfering the tapes could take some time.

He also said that there were other things that he didn't mention in his original post that I believe will be sent to Litmus (didn't mention anything specific). However he did say there were other AFD pro shot shows that will be released if things to to plan. He said that " All together there should be footage of about 15 different, yet uncirculating gigs", I think they will be AUD and PRO. He said however that he hasn't seen ALL of the things as he doesnt have anything to play them on.

He also wanted to clarify that he isn't a hoarder, he was never really a hardcore fan, but collected these about 15 years ago, back then there was no real way to share these sort of things. Then when the AFD box set was released he dug out his collection and realised how good the stuff he had was, and then he left the message on the forum.

PLEASE NOTE

This is what he has told me, I have seen nothing, just told this^^, I am simply informing everyone. This is all I know

But I have heard nothing to suggest this guy is lying, time will tell. 

ALSO I am very sorry to AFDRR if he wanted me to keep this to myself or not tell anyone, I messaged you and have gotten nothing back and I believe that the people deserve to know

More pro-shot AFD shows??? 

Ok, the boxset doesn't even come close to what we've gotten lately. First Saskatoon and now this? 

As a sidenote, this may indeed be fake. Starting to sound a bit too good to be true.

Sounds like if there is indeed some material, it could take a few years to surface. Lets forget about it for now and see if we get new pro-shots in the coming months/ years, out of this. Thanks for the info and everyone involved if something comes out.

Edited by WillBailey
  • GNFNR 1

As this was me I wanna make a few things clear. The tapes will still go to Limulus, they were planned to be sent last week (which would have been also fine for Limulus as he wouldn't have had the time to transfer them before anyway from what I know) but family shit came up unfortunately so I couldn`t send them yet.

This week my tapes will be sent to Limulus. I made copies of them last week (at a company) simply because I know they are rare (especially the audiences tapes) and I didn't want them to be lost by mail (No, I had no time to look into them so far and it will still take some time). They will be out when they are out and I'm sure Limulus will do a better job anyway.

One more thing though, I got 2 emails during the last couple of days by 2 different (obviously fake) gmail accounts telling me to not release the videos. I'm not going to share the addresses but whoever (and yes I know you read here because I didn't talk about them anywhere else) thinks threatening people with "I'm going to the police if you release that vidz" because of a few fucking bootleg videos is an intelligent thing to do you should think again. Would be interesting to know how my actual E-Mail address can be found (and no i didn't register with it here). GNR community is weird AF...(Yeah I know 99% are great but that 1% really is fucked in the head...)

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

"I'm going to the police if you release that vidz" 

:facepalm:

Don't know, do you use this username anywere else? It's really easy to find someone on the net nowadays

Just now, fanfzero said:

:facepalm:

Don't know, do you use this username anywere else? It's really easy to find someone on the net nowadays

No, actually just used it here because of the AFD ReRelease...

Not making a big deal about that here now because it's not worth it. I just read the mails today and thought this is going a bit too far. If anyone wants to go to the police or to Universal or whoever is in charge I have no problem about it, please do it I have no problem with it.

23 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

No, actually just used it here because of the AFD ReRelease...

Not making a big deal about that here now because it's not worth it. I just read the mails today and thought this is going a bit too far. If anyone wants to go to the police or to Universal or whoever is in charge I have no problem about it, please do it I have no problem with it.

Ignore them, they are just trolls

• Like 2

I can’t wait for an extremely good version of Dead Horse. I feel that the Argentina version is ok. These pro shots are turning out to be better than the rerelease. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1