Was the Maddy leaky real?

5 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

What are you talking about? 

If the leak from last November was legitimate or not, apparently a demo from the Roy Thomas Baker sessions.

I don't think we ever did get it confirmed.

14 minutes ago, Dean said:

If the leak from last November was legitimate or not, apparently a demo from the Roy Thomas Baker sessions.

Sounded rawer and noticeably different from the album including vocal pitch.

2 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Sounded rawer and noticeably different from the album including vocal pitch.

I think the vocals are the exact same as the album, maybe just slightly altered. It would've been fairly easy to come up with something like that with the ISO files from Rock Band, IIRC it was the intro synth and the drums at the middle just prior to the speeches that were the noticeable differences. I've still got it saved, in the off chance it is legitimate. The album version is vastly superior in my opinion.

Just now, Dean said:

I think the vocals are the exact same as the album, maybe just slightly altered. It would've been fairly easy to come up with something like that with the ISO files from Rock Band, IIRC it was the intro synth and the drums at the middle just prior to the speeches that were the noticeable differences. I've still got it saved, in the off chance it is legitimate. The album version is vastly superior in my opinion.

Yeah vocals are just slightly different pitch wise in sections, drums are  different, mix is obviously different, it appears to be real though for the most part

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think it is real, I cannot imagine someone wasting their time to make a alternate mix of a song that’s been in circulation since 2001 admist a reunion tour.

Seconded. Way too much effort for a song that was released in 2008.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dean said:

it's a strange story and I know it from the first moment, but don't ask me for exact details.

it was leaked by the very same guy who's responsible of taking down a huge number of GNR bootlegs in the late weeks, and as it turned out, also in many past months. 

I think the stuff is very legit, he claims to have more uncirculated demos, and this claims is probably legit too, because those are known to be "hoarded" by several other people - RTB's The Blues, Silkworms and some others.

so this combination of having uncirculated stuff with a crazy but persistent takedown spree might suggest some kind of mental unstability.

maybe.

• GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, zombux said:

ibecause those are known to be "hoarded" by several other people - RTB's The Blues, Silkworms and some others.

I am surprised those are still being hoarded - old mixes from songs released 10 years ago from an album that only hardcore fans care about that much?  How much money or other traded material do they think they will ever get from those?  

Just now, WhazUp said:

I am surprised those are still being hoarded - old mixes from songs released 10 years ago from an album that only hardcore fans care about that much?  How much money or other traded material do they think they will ever get from those?  

I absolutely agree. the problem here probably is, money is not an issue, but other things are. inflated egos, enjoying playing midgames, enjoying powerplays, and also trying to keep stuff unreleased as bargaining chips in case something else appears (but in my opinion, this approach is fruitless, as it NEVER worked as far as I know and not a single thing was "liberated" this way).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

I absolutely agree. the problem here probably is, money is not an issue, but other things are. inflated egos, enjoying playing midgames, enjoying powerplays, and also trying to keep stuff unreleased as bargaining chips in case something else appears (but in my opinion, this approach is fruitless, as it NEVER worked as far as I know and not a single thing was "liberated" this way).

It is like playing the stock market!  And those particular people, held out for too long because especially now that Slash is back in the band I can only assume even less people are actually that interested in hearing those nuGNR era alternate mixes (and dud songs like Silkworms).  

I am cringing at the thought of people holding on to their "The Blues - Mix #376 from 2002" as something that valuable to get big headed about lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombux said:

it's a strange story and I know it from the first moment, but don't ask me for exact details.

it was leaked by the very same guy who's responsible of taking down a huge number of GNR bootlegs in the late weeks, and as it turned out, also in many past months. 

I think the stuff is very legit, he claims to have more uncirculated demos, and this claims is probably legit too, because those are known to be "hoarded" by several other people - RTB's The Blues, Silkworms and some others.

so this combination of having uncirculated stuff with a crazy but persistent takedown spree might suggest some kind of mental unstability.

maybe.

This is correct.  It was leaked by one half of the UziSuicidalLLC brigade.  The younger one.

I would love to hear Silkworms, but unfortunately I don't see it getting released. The people that have that song that we know, don't seem to want to leak it.

The people we don't know that might have it, probably are not on the boards anymore.

I don't see that song leaking or coming out Officially at least for the next 10 years.

Officially the song is probably buried, and I can't see anyone wanting to leak it.

There are other songs out there according to various die hard fans, but for how long have we been hearing this? since 2005 maybe? A selected few had the songs since 2000... It's been 18 years...Enough said.

Edited by Propaganda

2 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I would love to hear Silkworms, but unfortunately I don't see it getting released. The people that have that song that we know, don't seem to want to leak it.

The people we don't know that might have it, probably are not on the boards anymore.

I don't see that song leaking or coming out Officially at least for the next 10 years.

Officially the song is probably buried, and I can't see anyone wanting to leak it.

There are other songs out there according to various die hard fans, but for how long have we been hearing this? since 2005 maybe? A selected few had the songs since 2000... It's been 18 years...Enough said.

Hell, I don’t even care anymore, and I was one of the biggest CD era fans there were. Look at my username.

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hell, I don’t even care anymore, and I was one of the biggest CD era fans there were. Look at my username.

I've tried that route, but every now and then, the thought that there's music out there crosses my mind. Whenever I hear that Silkworms clip, I wanna hear more... I hope one day we get to hear the track.

Edited by Propaganda

3 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I've tried that route, but every now and then, the thought that there's music out there crosses my mind. Whenever I hear that Silkworms clip, I wanna hear more... I hope one day we get to hear the track.

Sure I’d love to hear it, but I’ve also come to terms with knowing that I probably will never hear anything from that era and have moved on from the prospect of new Guns music. There are tons of bands that exist that actually release new music and give information that it’s a waste of time to focus on Guns for me. I’ve moved on.

On 21-5-2018 at 4:22 AM, F*ck Fear said:

A studio version of Silkworms would be great to hear. Being it was only played a few times in a live setting it would be like hearing something new, unlike 'Shadow' (which I think is great, by the way).

I'd rather have both my ears raped with power drills.