Adler's Appetite - Brisbane 19th May 2018 - Videos

19 hours ago, Slosh13 said:

Very hard. 

I don't get along with members of my family and I find it difficult to forgive for events that happened several years ago. I got to maintain my self-respect.

Although I'm not privy to the intricate details, it's clear that the Axl and Steven relationship is going to be difficult to mend based on quotes from Axl in the past.

The other day Fernando wrote that he doesn't see Marc Canter the way members here do.

Relationships, man, difficult to maintain. So yeah, it's very hard when you're in the inside.

It really isn't hard. This is big business not family - nobody believes that juvenile horseshit for one minute. Stephen signs a contract to be a good boy, he gets his AFD set and he gets off the stool.

If he fucks up, once even, he's on the plane home. 

Very simple.

Axl doesn't have to interact with him at all. 

Despite all he is and has been through, Stephen was and continues to be a great drummer whose style is much appreciated by those in the know and actually has a huge place in what made AFD sound great. 

I believe that for history and humanity's sake and actually even bigger $$$$$, that the old line up should play their full body of work together in public again.

They can all hate on each other privately if they wish, but if they wanted to do it professionally it doesn't have to be that convoluted.

Anyway, look at how Axl's two decades of venom against Slash vanished like a burning hankie when they got sorted. No sense that can't be repeated with Stephen.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 24/05/2018 at 11:28 AM, Intercourse said:

It really isn't hard. This is big business not family - nobody believes that juvenile horseshit for one minute. Stephen signs a contract to be a good boy, he gets his AFD set and he gets off the stool.

If he fucks up, once even, he's on the plane home. 

Very simple.

Axl doesn't have to interact with him at all. 

Despite all he is and has been through, Stephen was and continues to be a great drummer whose style is much appreciated by those in the know and actually has a huge place in what made AFD sound great. 

I believe that for history and humanity's sake and actually even bigger $$$$$, that the old line up should play their full body of work together in public again.

They can all hate on each other privately if they wish, but if they wanted to do it professionally it doesn't have to be that convoluted.

Anyway, look at how Axl's two decades of venom against Slash vanished like a burning hankie when they got sorted. No sense that can't be repeated with Stephen.

Yeah, from the outside it seems to be an easy fix, but we're not in the inside and don't understand each person's POV. We only see Steven playing the victim, so there is more to it than we will ever know.

The Slash v Axl drama was quite different from Steven's situation. I also think that they [Slash and Axl] always had professional respect for each other. I'm not seeing that with Steven and I think if they really wanted him in the band right now, he'd be there. 

They know they can make a lot of money from the AFD line-up, but they are making lots of money now. If they don't have to, why should they? 

As much as I'd love to see the AFD line-up, it's going to take some heavy lifting to make it happen. Fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, Slosh13 said:

I also think that they [Slash and Axl] always had professional respect for each other. I'm not seeing that with Steven and I think if they really wanted him in the band right now, he'd be there. 

Bollocks.

Axl had the nerve to say that Slash should have never been in Guns N' Roses to begin with. And also that he was not so great a guitarist as people think, or as much as he promotes himself.

Respect didn't necessarily abound in the Axl-Slash feud.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Bollocks.

Axl had the nerve to say that Slash should have never been in Guns N' Roses to begin with. And also that he was not so great a guitarist as people think, or as much as he promotes himself.

Respect didn't necessarily abound in the Axl-Slash feud.

He also said that he was missing Slash when he was searching for another guitarist. All the negativity stems from a typical brother-brother love and hate. He was saying stuff to get at Slash because he cared and actually appreciated him. It's a typical relationship, people are cruel to each other, but have a secret admiration for one another, they just didn't want to admit it for a long time. I can only read into it from the press interviews, though.

Look how happy he is when Slash is playing, especially the Chinese material. He missed him a lot. 

• Haha 1