The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

I told you guys about my brother the yoga instructor who has DeMarcus Ayers of the Chicago Bears as a client.

Well, he saw Demarcus today and he told my brother that he would love it if during the football season my brother, Beers, would be open to flying out to different cities and working with him before each game and possibly after the games too.

Well, of course, he said yes. this would be a great opportunity for my brother. I really hope this happens. Such awesome news.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

Once your body gets accustomed to work out every day or 6 days a week (like myself) if you miss a day for whatever reason you feel depressed.  At least that's my case.  I hardly miss a day in the gym.  Even when sick, I'm still there.  I can't contemplate the idea of not working out as I feel I'm already losing muscle (which, by the way, it's impossible but that can't make me feel better, lol).

I usually do 3 tri-sets of 12 to 15 reps when I work on my forearms.  It gets to a point where I need to drop the weight as I can't close my hand or extend it.  Painful as fuck, but worth it.

Yeah, I agree. I used to exercise 5 days a week, but now I exercise on weekends too. I do feel much better when I exercise, but if you're ill, it's best to rest your body.

Even if you can get 10 to 15 minutes exercise in your home incase you can't get to a gym is better than nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Just bought my first rowing machine. My doctor is concerned about my knees and wants me to replace some of the running with something else, and I've always liked rowing. 

Fucking Norwegians and your rowing!! Did you also get a rape and pillage machine to go with it? :lol: 

As I work at a supplement store I’ve been getting great deals on supplements. I went a little nuts and bought myself a muscle building set of pills called Clear Muscle Revolution. Have heard ridiculous things for growth and strength from employees and friends alike. Runs about 100 bucks for a 12 day supply. Maybe not my best purchase lol. Can’t wait to see if it works though.

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

Fucking Norwegians and your rowing!! Did you also get a rape and pillage machine to go with it? :lol: 

The Norwegian school curriculum of full of courses like Adv. R&P, modern shipbuilding, navigation using the stars, the moon, and GPS, bloodeagling, and so on, but very little rowing so as a responsible Viking I took it upon myself.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Thinking about starting a fitness and heath YouTube channel where I review supplements, discuss ways to be healthy, and talk about current and retired athletes and their respective industries. Haven’t been this excited for a project in a while.

• Like 1

On 9.7.2018 at 2:28 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Very slowly overcoming the recent plateau, but here's a chart showing the whole weight loss journey. 103 pounds. I'm pretty damn proud of myself :)

As you should! Wow, really impressive! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I’ve signed up to two Zumba classes a week, starting Thursday. I’m a first timer, and all I know about it is from the How I Built This podcast. Anyone done Zumba before?

No, sorry.

I found a drink to drink before bedtime and then the metabolism starts melting my tummy fat. Haha. Will start today. It’s water, freshly squeezed lemon juice, ginger, cinamon, and apple vinegar. So yum. :awesomeface: Anyone tried something like this before? Tell me it worked. :awesomeface: 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I’ve signed up to two Zumba classes a week, starting Thursday. I’m a first timer, and all I know about it is from the How I Built This podcast. Anyone done Zumba before?

Ain't that the name of the fictional country from Coming to America?

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ain't that the name of the fictional country from Coming to America?

I’ve not read that book/seen that film/watched that play/listened to that poetry recital/heard that joke/knitted that flask. **shrugs**

The name of the class started out as Rhumbacize or Jigglecize or something. It had to be changed for some boring legal reason. They went through the entire alphabet before realising they liked the letter Z. 

Edited by Gracii Guns

On 7/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, SoulMonster said:

Just bought my first rowing machine. My doctor is concerned about my knees and wants me to replace some of the running with something else, and I've always liked rowing. 

I dislike this news that your knees are giving you problems. But glad you have something to supplement running. In my pro days, I ran 100+ miles a week but with multiple injuries due to back issues, I can no longer do that. I still run an hour a day at a much slower pace and now also bike. But there's nothing like running. 

You know I'm going to ask, don't you XC ski?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I’ve not read that book/seen that film/watched that play/listened to that poetry recital/heard that joke/knitted that flask. **shrugs**

The name of the class started out as Rhumbacize or Jigglecize or something. It had to be changed for some boring legal reason. They went through the entire alphabet before realising they liked the letter Z. 

You’ve not seen Coming to America?  Now tell me you ain’t seen Trading Places and I’ll fuckin’ drag you by the hair to an 80s pop culture boot camp for re-education!

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You’ve not seen Coming to America?  Now tell me you ain’t seen Trading Places and I’ll fuckin’ drag you by the hair to an 80s pop culture boot camp for re-education!

I wasn’t born until September 1989, I missed the 80s really. 

18 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I wasn’t born until September 1989, I missed the 80s really. 

Fuckin watch Trading Places, I PROMISE you’ll love it, I will guarantee it in fact, you need to get on it like, immediately, if you dislike it I’ll fuckin’ bake you a cake or somethin’...and I can’t even do toast without setting the fire alarms off, thats how confident I am that you’ll like it.

• Like 2