It's So Easy Video Discussion - Now Viewable on YouTube

I don’t know if it’s “the” remastered version coming next month... but playing it side by side on Apple Music it’s definitely louder and crisper than the album version and I think it sounds fantastic. Definitely pops more and the drums sound more articulated. Slash’s solo comes through better.

This is on AirPods so I mean... who knows with respect to vinyl and an audiophile setup... but for daily consumption I think it sounds way better and I never had much to complain about with the original mix. I’m also somebody who can’t listen to an album like Californication because of the compression so we dodged that bullet. Sounds like it’s going to be a “funner” kinda mix if that makes sense. 

I’m super excited to hear the rest.... I want a hot, loud ass Brownstone!

Edited by Ant

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Stephanie Seymour's lawsuit went to court and Erin testified as a witness. Before the civil case trial started, Stephanie's side asked for it to not be public and for the records to be sealed, but it was denied by the judge. Finally it was settled out of court with the details of the settlement undisclosed. So there are records of the procedure, but all we know is the excerpts Rolling Stone selected to publish in the 2000 article. We indeed don't know what Axl's defense was, if he took the stand, etc..

If the records were not sealed, then I'm surprised there are no detailed reports and transcripts available. You'd think a journalist or a curious fan would have dug into it. All I've ever seen is that small snipped from RS (which going by the magazine is from the Everly trial) and a couple of other equally small samples.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Erin's lawsuit didn't go to court, as far as we know, and it was settled directly out of court, so there are no testimonies and counter-claims there. The details of the settlement were also undisclosed.

Then what was Axl talking about here:

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

Also:

Once in a while, in a New Age community that embraces a certain number of charlatans, Axl got taken to the cleaners. During his marriage to Everly, Axl went for an exorcism. The exorcism apparently didn't involved the priests and crosses that viewers of prime-time television have come to expect. "Mainly it involved getting some kind of herbal wrap," Axl testified during the Everly case, some "work on my skin." The man who performed this procedure charged $72,000. Even Axl admitted, "I ended up getting ripped off for a lot of money in the long run."

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Just to collect this into one post and to put it together.  The question as to why Erin didn’t list „forced into BDSM“  in court might be because she stated this within her accusations and tellings as quoted above. Being tied up, forced to do things, etc. 

I agree. Whether or not she used the specific words "forced into BDSM" is not all that relevant.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The answer is in my post right above yours. So no, I don't have access to the documents of the lawsuit, but there were other articles in the press of the time about the content of Erin's lawsuit apart from the People magazine article. I think it's safe to assume that the journalists who wrote those articles had either access to the documents or were given a briefing about the lawsuit by Erin's lawyer; also, that the reports would contain the most despicable and the most sensational of the things Axl was accused of.  I don't know about you, but if I were the lawyer or the journalist and there was an accusation of Axl forcing Erin into S&M for the video, I would have considered it as one of the highlights of the case, since it would be appalling and moreover it involved the band.

The thread is about the ISE video specifically, and I just can't jump into conclusions that the scenes in it were actual DV, even more that there were deleted scenes etc. without evidence.

Uhuh? What are those other lengthier articles? People Magazine one is a cover story, not just one lost article among thousands. If there were lengthier articles and reports, they would be as famous as this one. If they are online please link to them or put a picture.

The ISE video was not released back then, so there was nothing to highlight or involve the band with.

The bolded: I don't know who's saying that there is DV in the video or deleted scenes :question:

Personally, I don't think there is any DV and the bondage scenes seem to be acted to me, as there was a director in the room and there seem to be more than one camera (check the other ISE on YouTube, it displays different angles). If we count the number of BDSM inserts in the released video, I don't think they make for a whole minute, but I'm sure filming them must have took them a day or two. So it is plausible that lots of scenes have been left out, for the sake of picking the most suitable for the video. 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Erin's lawsuit didn't go to court, as far as we know, and it was settled directly out of court, so there are no testimonies and counter-claims there. The details of the settlement were also undisclosed.

They did go to court. Axl apparently wrote a song called 'Oklahoma' based on those encounters.

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Then what was Axl talking about here:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They did go to court. Axl apparently wrote a song called 'Oklahoma' based on those encounters.

It wasn't court. It was out of court sworn depositions, which are conducted without the presence of a judge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposition_(law)

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The bolded: I don't know who's saying that there is DV in the video or deleted scenes :question:

Didn't you say a few pages back that maybe Erin was forced to participate in the scenes of the video? Also that you're suspicious about the edit and there were more and worst scenes?

Edited by Blackstar

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It wasn't court. It was out of court sworn depositions, which are conducted without the presence of a judge

Duh... what part of:

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.'' 

... you don't understand?

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Didn't you say a few pages back that maybe Erin was forced to participate in the scenes of the video? Also that you're suspicious about the edit and there were more and worst scenes?

I said this:

"There's no DV in the video, in my opinion, but neither do we know the circumstances under which Erin did what she did. She may have been forced to do it, threatened to do it, begged to do it... we have no idea. It may look like BDSM on the outside, but it could be abuse behind closed doors."

"As for the video, my honest opinion is that this one they just released it is not the 'original' censored edition. I find it pretty "mild", this 2018 one, and I remember the other had more bondage scenes. I am suspicious that it was edited again and someone made sure it was not so shocking for the current audiences."

They are not conclusions or facts or affirmations. I was speculating and giving my opinion, more like a guess of what could have happened. Never said there were "worse" scenes, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to think there are more scenes, since the one where he grabs her by the bottoms and turned her down it is not in the version that has circulated on YouTube until now.

I checked that one again and the scenes are not all the same, or some are, but taken from a different angle.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In the 1999 Spin article the Erin quotes are referred to as parts of a deposition.

Anyway, I don't care to argue more about this. It's trivial.

What was quoted is a very well known article from the Rolling Stone magazine and what is being said was said by Axl himself.

Now you've reached a point where you don't even believe your prince Axl?

Ok, lol.

:sleeper:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

What was quoted is a very well known article from the Rolling Stone magazine and what is being said was said by Axl himself.

Now you've reached a point where you don't even believe your prince Axl?

:rofl-lol: Whatever. Bye.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigpoop said:

It's cool seeing the new footage but looking at the videos back to back I really think the old one was better.

Old one was much better. They cut out so much cool footage and replaced it with kind of lame stuff.

So, here is the setlist for you:

October 10, 1989 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA
It's So Easy
Brownstone
Patience
It's So Easy
Michelle
Rocket Queen (long version with Axl on Bass and Duff on drums with Steven for the jam)
SCOM
Nightrain
Guitar solo
Heavens Door
Jungle
It's So Easy
Mama Kin
Paradise City

Edited by Lim666
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

So, here is the setlist for you:

October 10, 1989 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA
It's So Easy
Brownstone
Patience
It's So Easy
Michelle
Rocket Queen (long version with Axl on Bass and Duff on drums with Steven for the jam)
SCOM
Nightrain
Guitar solo
Heavens Door
Jungle
It's So Easy
Mama Kin
Paradise City

Why the hell did they play It’s so easy 3 times? Did they really have to get that much film

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Why the hell did they play It’s so easy 3 times? Did they really have to get that much film

Yes, you cant just do a video with that dynamic edit with just a straight one time recording. Unless you have 5/6 câmeras, which I believe they didnt have the budget to. 

Im pretty sure it was entirely filmed so they would have enough good footage for the edit. I dont think it would make any sense to film only selected momments from random songs, as its quite obvious by watching the video they arent playing just ISE.

Plus theres the other video, which has scenes that arent on the new one so... I dont think its up to question. 

People who studied audiovisual knows for a fact that you need 50 minutes footage to a decent edit of 10 minutes. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 3