I have what I think to be an original AFD vinyl with the robot artwork, but recently I am not so sure it is. Is there any way to confirm that ?

if it’s fake i’ll smash that record store

If it helps the cover has the code gef 24148 while the inner sleeve 24118-8 

and last but not least I don’t know much about vinyls 

Edited by Get In the Ring Motherfker

15 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Look it up on discogs.

There's a million fakes out there though so I personally wouldn't buy one these days.  Same with Live Like a Suicide.  If you can't tell, it's not worth shelling out the money.  Cause if it's not original it's just shit.

35ipt3d.jpg

I got this marked one. So what does that mean?

12 minutes ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

35ipt3d.jpg

I got this marked one. So what does that mean?

It's a European copy of AFD from 1987, it's an original pressing but not a original US pressing! 

Over here in Europe the rape cover was the one used on the LP up until the 2008 reissue so it isn't rare in any way, shape or form.

The cross cover of the LP is actually the one that's hard to get over here ;)

I had a sealed, '87, rape cover AFD, complete with Dead Pool hype sticker. I ended up selling it for a LOT of money because I was never going to listen to it and I have the AFD reissue from a few years back that sounds excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I had a sealed, '87, rape cover AFD, complete with Dead Pool hype sticker. I ended up selling it for a LOT of money because I was never going to listen to it and I have the AFD reissue from a few years back that sounds excellent.

Nice. 

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think I used to have the original and it was stolen at a party like 15 years ago.. I bought another online but I doubt it is real..

I guess the one I bought to replace the stolen one isn't an original since it says "Geffen/Uzi Suicide" on the back....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Still cool and all, but that would be a 1988 2nd pressing in order to have The Dead Pool sticker on it.  Glad you got some $$$ for it! :headbang:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, troccoli said:

Still cool and all, but that would be a 1988 2nd pressing in order to have The Dead Pool sticker on it.  Glad you got some $$$ for it! :headbang:

Oh, right on. Yeah, it was cool to own but I got some records I'll listen to with the money, so I just let it go. 

• Like 1