How much would you pay for a UYI boxset?

How much would you pay for a UYI boxset?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's say GN'R did decide at some point to do a UYI boxset, and it included:
-"Perfect Crime" UYI tour documentary

-All recording session videos/in studio tapes

-Pre 1990 versions of UYI songs (with AFD lineup) remixed/remastered ala SOYL
-Official DVD & Blu Rays of Rock in Rio II, The Ritz 1991, Paris 1992, Chicago 1992, and Argentina 1993

-"Raw" pre-final mix UYI songs

-Alternate takes and mixings of most/if not all songs

-UYI tour coffee-table style picture book (approx 100 pages in length, perhaps with commentary on some of the photos)

-TSI demos w/ Izzy remastered, along with unreleased TSI recordings including Down on the Street

-Reprints/re-releases of popular UYI era merch and t-shirts (IE, UYI II t-shirt, maybe some of Axl's UYI tour t-shirts reprinted, a pair of Axl sneakers, GN'R Pinball Game as a downloadable app game)

-Reprint of early 1990s GN'R comic(s)

How much would you be willing to pay?

Edited by Fashionista
  • Like 1

Easy $250+ for me.  Hell, I was in my local record store this past weekend, and saw a couple of box sets Metallica and Zeppelin put out.  Price was around $250.  I'm not a huge fan of either of those bands, but the stuff included was incredible.  For a similar GnR box set, with a bunch of stuff we truly haven't seen/heard yet?  Again - over $250, easy.

• Like 1

I’d pay over 250 if it had quality. Realistically, I would expect demos and live cuts from the tour. Photos, posters and replica tour programs. Blu-rays with the videos and Paris at a minimum remastered. The lost documentary. They have literally thousands of hours to pick from for tour footage. No less than 10 CDs (UYI I and II, Live Era included), and 4 Blu-rays worth of content. 

If it includes at least some of this, I'd pay $200 for it:

- Perfect Crime documentary
- Pantages Theatre 1991 pro-shot (would be great quality as they used footage from that show in the Brownstone and My Michelle videos, they played Bad Apples, and You Ain't The First and Don't Cry with Shannon Hoon)
- MSG 1991 (3rd night, they played Locomotive and Breakdown, though Axl was in a bad mood at this show)
- the unreleased footage from Tokyo 1992 (includes Coma and Locomotive)
- Axl's Advance Copy, Q Sound Mixes and other demos (properly mastered)
- Unheard TSI? demos
- Early Snakepit demos and/or the '95-96 demos
- Remastered UYI's on CD and vinyl, maybe re-press some 12" singles like Don't Cry, You Could Be Mine or Live And Let Die.

1 hour ago, Fashionista said:

Let's say GN'R did decide at some point to do a UYI boxset, and it included:
-"Perfect Crime" UYI tour documentary

-All recording session videos/in studio tapes

-Pre 1990 versions of UYI songs (with AFD lineup) remixed/remastered ala SOYL
-Official DVD & Blu Rays of Rock in Rio II, The Ritz 1991, Paris 1992, Chicago 1992, and Argentina 1993

-"Raw" pre-final mix UYI songs

-Alternate takes and mixings of most/if not all songs

-UYI tour coffee-table style picture book (approx 100 pages in length, perhaps with commentary on some of the photos)

-TSI demos w/ Izzy remastered, along with unreleased TSI recordings including Down on the Street

-Reprints/re-releases of popular UYI era merch and t-shirts (IE, UYI II t-shirt, maybe some of Axl's UYI tour t-shirts reprinted, a pair of Axl sneakers, GN'R Pinball Game as a downloadable app game)

-Reprint of early 1990s GN'R comic(s)

How much would you be willing to pay?

Honestly? Not that much.

I don't care for books, merch, items, and all that stuff anyway. It would just sit in a closet somewhere. I'd watch the documentary once. I really just want music. So maybe the $50? But based on how much I'd *actually* listen to it, I'm I'd probably torrent the shit out of it.

You poll is missing that option. 

Edited by username

That sounds pretty awesome and a lot more interesting than the Appetite set which I still haven't pulled the trigger on.. I am having a hard time justifying dishing out about $150 for 27 songs.. Most of which I already have.  All set with the swag..

No idea what I'd pay but I'd be way, way, WAY more interested in any sort of UYI boxed set than I ever would be. I was ready to pay $650 for the AFD L&L set even though it's not my favorite GN'R album, so I guess I'd say I'd go at least that much.

• Like 1

Id pay something like $200 in a box filled with vinyls: demos, raw mixes, outtakes, maybe two or three live shows, the documentaries... A photobook would be a plus, but im not really interested in merch and stuff like that. 

Thats what Id also pay on the AFD boxset if it had a version focused on music in vinyl.

33 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

None of the above. I wouldn't pay a dime. No reason to spend any money on a box set when it'll all most likely land on YouTube. Axl and company don't need my money, they're filthy rich already.

I agree with you at some extent but buying stuff officialy released shows the band theres still interest and demand for releases, what could end up on a new album release. 

If theres no interest why should band and label release anything? It is a capitalism world we live in. Like it or not. 

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it includes at least some of this, I'd pay $200 for it:

- Perfect Crime documentary
- Pantages Theatre 1991 pro-shot (would be great quality as they used footage from that show in the Brownstone and My Michelle videos, they played Bad Apples, and You Ain't The First and Don't Cry with Shannon Hoon)
- MSG 1991 (3rd night, they played Locomotive and Breakdown, though Axl was in a bad mood at this show)
- the unreleased footage from Tokyo 1992 (includes Coma and Locomotive)
- Axl's Advance Copy, Q Sound Mixes and other demos (properly mastered)
- Unheard TSI? demos
- Early Snakepit demos and/or the '95-96 demos
- Remastered UYI's on CD and vinyl, maybe re-press some 12" singles like Don't Cry, You Could Be Mine or Live And Let Die.

I agree on this and i would pay close to agrand if it also came with the onstage and backstage video footage uncut of their tour that t hey recorded over the 2 years that slashs mentions in his autobiography.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

I agree with you at some extent but buying stuff officialy released shows the band theres still interest and demand for releases, what could end up on a new album release. 

If theres no interest why should band and label release anything? It is a capitalism world we live in. Like it or not. 

Like it or not, they can release brand new music or kiss my ass. I've been through the whole career of this band. This band couldn't do anything right if there was no wrong.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

'Nightcrawler' is the only one I can think of...

That's from 1986. The only unreleased UYI song is Aint Going Down. All the other drum machine demos like Too Much Too Soon, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet etc are from 1986 or even earlier also. They basically released all the material they had been working on for the UYIs, I think Axl mentions it in that 1990 Kurt Loder interview. Aint Going Down seems to be the only omission

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's from 1986. The only unreleased UYI song is Aint Going Down. All the other drum machine demos like Too Much Too Soon, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet etc are from 1986 or even earlier also. They basically released all the material they had been working on for the UYIs, I think Axl mentions it in that 1990 Kurt Loder interview. Aint Going Down seems to be the only omission

I thought it was another 'old' song they'd re-done around the time they did UYI's, like Ain't Going Down or Back Off Bitch, but I didn't know the recording was actually from the AFD days.

I am a little Biased but I would Love to have the gig in LEXINGTON, KY that I was at in 1991 , I have the audio that I got from another site but the bit rate is way 2 low, at the time SLASH come on before Paradise City and said this is the best crowd we have played  for the entire tour , which was very early on but a honor still , badass energy by the crowd and especially the band , they opened with PERFECT CRIME , I know there is a few that was at the gig on this board , AXL gave a rant that was priceless about the LEXINGTON Police Dept , one of his best rants ever , SLASH asked to have all the house lights turned on before paradise , after they did , he said "KNOW I CAN SEE U FUCKERS , U GUYS HAVE ROCKED ALL FUCKING NIGHT THANK U " one of the best GNR gigs ever , love to see this thing on video , and yes I WOULD pay big money for it