[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

I am hoping Axl bring some rants back on the setlist. I am missing them. :rofl-lol:

That or some good vocals. My interest on this leg will be largely dependant on how he sounds come the first show. Not getting my hopes up though

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

That or some good vocals. My interest on this leg will be largely dependant on how he sounds come the first show. Not getting my hopes up though

Pleeeease, don't voice my fears!! I will be on that first show!! :question:

He was touring with a voice coach and if, as rumours go, he was rehearsing with AC/DC then I hope he kept working on his voice during the tour break. 

So, I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

• Like 2

According to a new Interview with dizzy (seen on gnrtruth), there's a slight chance that they will play some new songs...

*Will you play some new songs on your tour?*

"There is always a chance that we play new pieces. This means that our performances would be even longer. With us there are only encores and no deletions." 

Personally I don't believe it, but who knows? 

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Haha 1

Atleast we can expect a show of minimum 3 hours, I like that and I like most of the songs they play! It makes up for the high ticket prices in some way.. I mean I get that people are bored by the same and want to see deep cuts, me too. But 80% of all their songs are awesome lol so not much complaining here also what band/artist these days let alone their age plays such long shows these days besides Springsteen??

The setlist is only an issue if Axl butchers it. A couple changes here or there would be cool but that setlist with a good sounding Axl would be awesome! But if it's the same set as 2017 with the same level of performance, well then people are gonna bitch about it. :lol:

IMO, the shows in Vegas 2016 were better than the 2 shows I saw in 2017. They "only" played about 2.5 hours, and Axl didn't sound perfect, but he sounded better than the marathon 2017 shows.

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

So they're going to present the same well received show to Europe they've been playing everywhere else? Don't they know how boring that'll be for people that like the check the set lists of shows they weren't at afterwards?

Yeah because they haven't played shows in Europe yet.

6 hours ago, Loot Man said:

Because Axl can´t sing it nowadays, that´s why.

Pretty boring setlist, boring Axl. He should try more. I´m sure Slash + Duff would like to play different songs, but Axl don´t want to.

I'm not convinced. I reckon he'd do a decent job at it.

5 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Why. It’s a recording from 1986.

Recorded in 1986, released in 2018 as a single and is currently in the top 10 in whatever chart in the States. Additional promotion would be to play it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NovemberPain said:

ENCORE

(Melissa)  Patience

?????

(?????) Don't Cry

Madagascar/ The Seeker

Paradise City

Encore:

(Melissa) / Patience, Whole

Lotta Rosie, There Was A

Time, Don't Cry

Madagascar, The Seeker

Paradise City

So yeah, basically the same setlist lol

I would love to be there though :headbang:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I reckon he'd sound like this:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I had a sort of similar sound to how he does Riff Raff in my head.

Obviously not to everyone's liking, but on a good night I reckon he'd do a good job at it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I had a sort of similar sound to how he does Riff Raff in my head.

Obviously not to everyone's liking, but on a good night I reckon he'd do a good job at it.

Fair, but I'm past expecting vocals comparable to any ACDC song, even when Angus joined them last year he was sub-par.

• GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, Dean said:

Would be a great improvement and not unrealistic (if he's rehearsing) if he sounded like this:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Fair, but I'm past expecting vocals comparable to any ACDC song, even when Angus joined them last year he was sub-par.

At this stage, I'm just hoping he does himself justice. It's a helluva show they put on and I'll give credit where it's due, there's not many 56 year old's chanting those songs for that length of time. I hate knocking the guy, as I love to see him winning, but that 'mickey' voice we hear on the likes of Yesterdays, Better etc, I'm not convinced that's falsetto. I don't know what it is, but I would like to know the reason for the different approach where as with AC/DC, he was balls to the wall every show for 2+ hours and able to sustain that level of performance.

I've got the Apollo show and Inglewood on my iPod. From the Apollo show, I listen to the first 5 songs then skip to Knockin' On Heavens Door, Sorry and Patience. That's a big chunk of the show that I skip. I still think for the most part he is singing better than he was 2011-14, but I can see why fans aren't happy with the current efforts too. I reckon with the soundboards, there is no hiding from any flaws or weaknesses in performance, whereas live, his approach seems to work to please the masses as they were getting some fantastic reviews. People take in the show differently too. I mind some fella trying to argue with me on that GNR fanspot page because I said at Slane Castle, I didn't think Axl was on form for the most part, accepting that it was the first show of that leg and putting it down to that, but he wasn't having it. Then I had a friend who was also there, seen the band at Leeds in 2002, Glasgow in 2006 and said that Slane is the best show he's been to. Probably the nostalgia of Duff and Slash I put that down to :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

At this stage, I'm just hoping he does himself justice. It's a helluva show they put on and I'll give credit where it's due, there's not many 56 year old's chanting those songs for that length of time. I hate knocking the guy, as I love to see him winning, but that 'mickey' voice we hear on the likes of Yesterdays, Better etc, I'm not convinced that's falsetto. I don't know what it is, but I would like to know the reason for the different approach where as with AC/DC, he was balls to the wall every show for 2+ hours and able to sustain that level of performance.

I've got the Apollo show and Inglewood on my iPod. From the Apollo show, I listen to the first 5 songs then skip to Knockin' On Heavens Door, Sorry and Patience. That's a big chunk of the show that I skip. I still think for the most part he is singing better than he was 2011-14, but I can see why fans aren't happy with the current efforts too. I reckon with the soundboards, there is no hiding from any flaws or weaknesses in performance, whereas live, his approach seems to work to please the masses as they were getting some fantastic reviews. People take in the show differently too. I mind some fella trying to argue with me on that GNR fanspot page because I said at Slane Castle, I didn't think Axl was on form for the most part, accepting that it was the first show of that leg and putting it down to that, but he wasn't having it. Then I had a friend who was also there, seen the band at Leeds in 2002, Glasgow in 2006 and said that Slane is the best show he's been to. Probably the nostalgia of Duff and Slash I put that down to :lol:

I think it's more down to the kind of songs in AC/DC vs GNR more than anything. He sounded great on the majority of AC/DC songs, but struggled consistently with TNT and the handful of attempts at Touch Too Much. Better was a song he tried belting out in 2010 and it didn't really work, and sounded better in 2012 and 2016. I also think it's the length of touring; we don't have any 2017 AC/DC shows to compare to GNR shows, and I think he sounded pretty damn good for most of the 2016 GNR shows.

On topic, happy to see Prostitute on there as I never got to hear it live, hope it's still there by Tallinn + Oslo.

I also see TWAT as a potential encore pick...

Also looks like The Seeker will never, ever die :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Would be a great improvement and not unrealistic (if he's rehearsing) if he sounded like this:

Class, minus Ashba!!

He's got a lot more left in the tank. I genuinely thought he'd lost his voice and the upper parts of his range until those rehearsal's of him doing Hell's Bells and Thunderstruck leaked. That was the moment that I knew that Ginger cunt never lost it in the first place. Watching say the Golden Gods performance of 2014 then Vegas of 2016, the difference is unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, Amir said:

On topic, happy to see Prostitute on there as I never got to hear it live, hope it's still there by Tallinn + Oslo.

I also see TWAT as a potential encore pick...

Also looks like The Seeker will never, ever die :lol:

With you on hearing Prostitute. They played it towards the end of the leg last time, I'm at the show in Sweden so here's hoping by then it'll be played if not at the start in Berlin!

I could definitely do without The Seeker :lol:

• GNFNR 1

Street of Dreams/The Blues is the perfect song for this line-up to perform, painful to see the setlist not change at all :facepalm:

In my opinion,

Drop
Estranged
Catcher in the Rye
Sorry
This I Love
Yesterdays

Add
Shadow of Your Love (promote the damn single)
Bad Obsession (would be easy on Axl's vocals)
Locomotive (awesome track)
Street of Dreams
If The World
I.R.S.
Goin' Down

• Like 1

Honestly don't know why people are seriously complaining. It's a fucking band that only ever released 4 full length studio albums, 1 of which half of you don't count. They play almost every song they ever recorded each night along with a bunch of other bands tracks.

Loved the band, but they were never exactly the beatles. The back catalogue is paper thin and most of the Chinese Democracy material which some of you disdain was basically from the 90's anyway.

I don't think the average person attending one of these shows is going to notice if they don't play Don't Cry (Alternative Lyrics).

• Like 3