[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, donny said:

looks ok to me. we have 2 intervals LALD & KOHD to go toilet and get a drink without missing anything good. 

just need the garden to replace the seeker 

LALD is a highlight! After that the show slows down too much, but Axl standing over the monitors with the mic stand in the air is always iconic 

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Honestly don't know why people are seriously complaining. It's a fucking band that only ever released 4 full length studio albums, 1 of which half of you don't count. They play almost every song they ever recorded each night along with a bunch of other bands tracks.

Loved the band, but they were never exactly the beatles. The back catalogue is paper thin and most of the Chinese Democracy material which some of you disdain was basically from the 90's anyway.

I don't think the average person attending one of these shows is going to notice if they don't play Don't Cry (Alternative Lyrics).

It hurts me how true this is 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gackt said:

Street of Dreams/The Blues is the perfect song for this line-up to perform, painful to see the setlist not change at all :facepalm:

In my opinion,

Drop
Estranged
Catcher in the Rye
Sorry
This I Love
Yesterdays

Add
Shadow of Your Love (promote the damn single)
Bad Obsession (would be easy on Axl's vocals)
Locomotive (awesome track)
Street of Dreams
If The World
I.R.S.
Goin' Down

That's quite a vivacious selection to add!

With the helpful suggestions from Gackt, here is my idea for a setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Shadow Of Your Love
If The World
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Street Of Dreams
Civil War
Locomotive
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
I.R.S.
Prostitute
Paradise City

Edited by Screamin' Demon
Spelling mistake

Why is anyone surprised by the setlist? They're a legacy act wrapping up their final run on the reunion tour. 2018 = same show with weaker Axl vocals.

Or as Slash would say: "All things considered, this is par for the course."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i've seen a lot of setlist from guns and all of them has a lot of song abbreviated

like : Jungle , scom, brownstone ...

never seen the full name on those song at least ...

so .... Bullshit

maybe this will be their setlist for this year, but that piece of paper is not from the band 

This could very well be it...I'm starting to really lose interrest in GnR, which is a bit sad since Slash and Duff are finally back but...almost all their decisisons piss me off somehow! :D
The boxset...the silence...the greed...latest addition: the way they're dealing with the It's so Easy video...

I don't know, anything but new music won't cut it anymore. And I am not even sure that new music is a good idea either.

I won't go to any shows this summer. I don't think I'll miss out on much. :/

I'm usually critical of this band but I'm going to see them for the first time this summer and I don't care about the setlist. Of course I have preferences but seeing as this will be the first time seeing any of them live, I'm ok with the greatest hits package and the fact that it will be the same setlist that they've been playing this entire tour.

I would be disappointed if I saw them last year when they played near me, but I wouldn't go see them twice on the same tour anyway.

19 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Who's to say this is the final setlist though? *she said hopefully*

Who knows, maybe they have some surprises up their sleeve 

Who says that this photo is really new at all? Where's the proof that this is recent?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If the new Trend is 7 or 8 CD songs.. I am passing if they come around here again... They played 5 last show I saw and that was big enough of a buzzkill...

What's wrong with the CD songs? 

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

What's wrong with the CD songs? 

Many, many people greatly dislike the album. It's my personal favorite GN'R album but I'm not blind to the fact that most people dislike it. Even though I love hearing the songs, I can't deny that they took the momentum out of the show at the 3 NITL shows I saw. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Many, many people greatly dislike the album. It's my personal favorite GN'R album but I'm not blind to the fact that most people dislike it. Even though I love hearing the songs, I can't deny that they took the momentum out of the show at the 3 NITL shows I saw. 

It's interesting for me to hear all the different versions of the CD songs. Now we only need to hear Tracii's take on them :lol:

Edited by Sosso

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Pretty much this.. I do not like the album.. There are a couple songs that are ok, it is a long set and there is room for a few.. I though 3 was the perfect number.. Actually zero would be the perfect number :) but there are people who do want to hear the stuff and playing a few was acceptable. Plus it provided me with a few piss breaks lol.. But freaking 7 or 8 is waaayyy too many.  They only played 5 at the last show I saw and it definitely took the momentum out of the show. The worst part was that two of them were played during the encore.. For the first time in my life I found myself sitting down at a Gn'R show.. I didn't even do that when I saw NuGuns.. I thought about leaving but I knew Paradise City was coming and I wasn't going to leave without seeing them play it in case it was the last time I ever got to see them. 

• Like 2

Is there a consensus here on what are the most classic era sounding songs on Chinese Democracy? 

Sorry, Catcher in The Rye and This I Love  imho actually sound like Illusion era tracks. I feel like they've largely gone with the most "GnR"-ish CD songs for the setlist. Not that this makes their inclusion more legitimate, but there may be some actual thought going into how they're choosing these tracks. You're not going to see Riad or Shacklers on that setlist.

18 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Is there a consensus here on what are the most classic era sounding songs on Chinese Democracy? 

Sorry, Catcher in The Rye and This I Love  imho actually sound like Illusion era tracks. 

Really? Those sounds sound nothing like Gn'R to my ears.. If I was to pick I would say The Blues, Madagascar and CD somewhat capture the Gn'R feel. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Really? Those sounds sound nothing like Gn'R to my ears.. If I was to pick I would say The Blues, Madagascar and CD somewhat capture the Gn'R feel. 

Thinking about it further, you're right. Maddy, The Blues, and CD (to a lesser extent) do feel the closest to the GnR feel. 

Let me rephrase:  Sorry, CITR, and This I Love feel like a natural progression from UYI 2. Like what we might have heard from the gang if they put out UYI 3 in the mid 90's. This I Love was even written and demoed? with the old band in '92. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Thinking about it further, you're right. Maddy, The Blues, and CD (to a lesser extent) do feel the closest to the GnR feel. 

Let me rephrase:  Sorry, CITR, and This I Love feel like a natural progression from UYI 2. Like what we might have heard from the gang if they put out UYI 3 in the mid 90's. This I Love was even written and demoed? with the old band in '92. 

This discussion is the entire reason why they shouldn't be playing as many CD songs live. 

Yes, fans who have seen them numerous times might be tired of hearing the same songs off of UYI or AFD, but they like or loved them at one time; that's different than the wild opinions of almost every song off CD.  For example, I've seen people in this thread say they want to hear "Prostitute." I hate that song. Never liked it.  However, I do like I.R.S., and I know that comes with the same criticism. Same with TIL.  The studio version is OK, but when they perform this live it drains the entire energy of the show.

You might be sick of hearing SCOM or KOHD, but the diehards and casually fans generally loved those songs. 

• Like 1