[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty much this.. I do not like the album.. There are a couple songs that are ok, it is a long set and there is room for a few.. I though 3 was the perfect number.. Actually zero would be the perfect number :) but there are people who do want to hear the stuff and playing a few was acceptable. Plus it provided me with a few piss breaks lol.. But freaking 7 or 8 is waaayyy too many.  They only played 5 at the last show I saw and it definitely took the momentum out of the show. The worst part was that two of them were played during the encore.. For the first time in my life I found myself sitting down at a Gn'R show.. I didn't even do that when I saw NuGuns.. I thought about leaving but I knew Paradise City was coming and I wasn't going to leave without seeing them play it in case it was the last time I ever got to see them. 

I do like most of the album, but I don't love Better, TIL and Sorry. They always play that. When they played Sorry during the encore, after having spent the day driving, waiting in the blistering sun, and around 3 hours of the show spent at the rail trying to keep my spot and not faint, I felt like: God, I could sleep now :lol: I think in the encore they should only have classics like Don't Cry and Patience, or rockers, like The Seeker and PC. They give you energy. I'm not 20 anymore, but I do feel like most people would be somewhat exhausted after a long day. I feel a song like Sorry is totally out of place in the encore.

I like some CD songs, but except for Chinese Democracy, hearing them live now has become a torture.

That's exactly the reason why I don't want to hear any CD song at the live shows: they suck. Axl sucks at singing them. I just can't take it.

CD is already an album that you have to sit down to listen to it properly, you need patience to get into it.

During a live show, this just won't happen, unless you have a seat, I don't know... but when you are there standing up in front of stage, all of those songs become a drag.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

This could very well be it...I'm starting to really lose interrest in GnR, which is a bit sad since Slash and Duff are finally back but...almost all their decisisons piss me off somehow! :D
The boxset...the silence...the greed...latest addition: the way they're dealing with the It's so Easy video...

I don't know, anything but new music won't cut it anymore. And I am not even sure that new music is a good idea either.

I won't go to any shows this summer. I don't think I'll miss out on much. :/

Totally agreed bar your comment about new music. Right now it’s the only thing that would reawaken my 30 year interest in this band 

14 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Could you imagine if this is your first Guns show and instead of seeing Estranged and Yesterdays you're seeing Going Down and SoYL.   Come on lol

I'd be thankful I don't need to endure the eight minute piss break known as Estranged :lol: Yesterdays is just a boring song

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind an occasional Chinese song if a ''Slither'' or a ''Fall to Pieces'' was played also. 

i cant work out if you are serious or not. i wonder if duff and slash ever asked axl if he would like to join VR to replace scott 

1 minute ago, donny said:

i cant work out if you are serious or not. i wonder if duff and slash ever asked axl if he would like to join VR to replace scott 

I am serious. If there are representations of Rose during the (for lack of a better description) ''interregnum'' it is only fair to highlight what Slash and Duff were doing during that period also, whether through Velvet Revolver or solo songs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am serious. If there are representations of Rose during the (for lack of a better description) ''interregnum'' it is only fair to highlight what Slash and Duff were doing during that period also, whether through Velvet Revolver or solo songs. 

CD is not a Rose solo project, it is a guns n' roses album regardless of who was in the band at time of recording. 

you will be expecting axl to start singing some jacko songs next to represent slash's work outside of GNR 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind an occasional Chinese song if a ''Slither'' or a ''Fall to Pieces'' was played also. 

That would make them more bearable for sure!! It is a sin that it hasn't happened.. Duff could even sing it during his spot. 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would make them more bearable for sure!! It is a sin that it hasn't happened.. Duff could even sing it during his spot. 

Duff could probably do Slither okay, but not Fall to Pieces. Personally, I'm not even sure do I want to hear that song sung by anyone else than Weiland. Would be cool to hear Slither, though!

47 minutes ago, donny said:

CD is not a Rose solo project, it is a guns n' roses album

I do not agree with that statement so...

The way I look at it, Velvet Revolver equates two fifths (of Guns) whilst Nugnr equates one fifth (of Guns). Two is bigger than one.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not agree with that statement so...

The way I look at it, Velvet Revolver equates two fifths (of Guns) whilst Nugnr equates one fifth (of Guns). Two is bigger than one.

That doesn't matter. The classic line-up of GN'R equated 3/3 of Road Crew, but it didn't meant anything.

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 3