[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Road Crew would be more GN'R than Nugnr but they wouldn't even know about it as GN'R wouldn't have been invented.

That's wrong. GN'R has already existed before the members from Road Crew joined the band 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, slash_plocman said:

hlkxPaS.png

This should've been banner on this forum

oh man that could be so me :awesomeface: sitting down with a beer and a cig wearing my GN'R t-shirt going like: I don't get it :question: why do they Always do the opposite of meeting our expectations? why god why? The same old songs, a 999 dollar boxset I can't afford buhuhu :P 

Sorry guys, we had to remove the image due to a complaint by the copyright holder.  We investigated and found the claim to be credible and hence have honoured the request.  The image has hence been removed from this site.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prez said:

A piece of paper with a list of songs GNR played at the Forum six months ago with a couple of them crossed out...has a copyright holder?

No, the person who took the image does.  

A description of the contents within the image is still available.  

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

Buzz, buzz: the setlist posted a few days ago may indeed be old, and may not actually represent what we should expect to hear for this tour.   There maybe more to come based on what a little birdie just tweeted in my ear.  

2018 Setlist:

TWAT
Prostitute
Catcher
Madagascar
Scraped
Oh My God
If the World
TWAT

Encore:
Silkworms
Don't Stop Believin'
TWAT

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Amir said:

2018 Setlist:

TWAT
Prostitute
Catcher
Madagascar
Scraped
Oh My God
If the World
TWAT

Encore:
Silkworms
Don't Stop Believin'
TWAT

I know you're making stuff up because you listed Don't Stop Believin' only once.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Amir said:

2018 Setlist:

TWAT
Prostitute
Catcher
Madagascar
Scraped
Oh My God
If the World
TWAT

Encore:
Silkworms
Don't Stop Believin'
TWAT

No My World or Cornshucker or a 30 minute Matt Sorum drum solo!?  Jeez the band is really withholding the big guns from us

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Many, many people greatly dislike the album. It's my personal favorite GN'R album but I'm not blind to the fact that most people dislike it. Even though I love hearing the songs, I can't deny that they took the momentum out of the show at the 3 NITL shows I saw. 

I'm similar - I love the CD songs...but I think one of the reasons they drag the set is aside from the title track, (and IRS but that's not been seen in a while)  they are mostly ballads.

If you think of dividing the set between "rockers" and "slow songs" you start to notice there's a serious amount of slower ballads in the set....and that's made more obvious by the fact that most rocker GNR songs are relatively short, whereas most of the ballads are exceptionally long in duration.

So you have setlists where the band is doing stuff like November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Patience, then extended versions of Knocking on Heaven's Door. Not to mention drawn out jams that are also themed around ballads such as Lalya / Wish you Were Here. Then you add in CD songs that are great songs, but also fairly slow - like This I love, Prostitute, There was a Time, Sorry...and consider that the duration of these slow songs is often double or greater of the faster numbers and you have a let list that while it contains amazing music also kinda drags on a bit.

The issue to me is the first half of the show packs in a lot of powerful rockers to get things moving, but then it goes into ballad and jam and cover mode, and you spend a lot of the rest of the show in this laid back arty mode. I do love the songs, but I think they need to balance them somehow. Maybe put a lot more of the rock stuff towards the end with PC so it ends stronger or something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Sorry guys, we had to remove the image due to a complaint by the copyright holder.  We investigated and found the claim to be credible and hence have honoured the request.  The image has hence been removed from this site.

Really? Is there a nearly normal person around this band? Copyright claim over a shitty photo of a paper with blurry text...

Weeks before - some lunatic destroyed few fan yt channels cause - he/she can?

And bout setlist - in 2 months i'm going on Maiden show that will have exactly same setlist of 16 songs as 20ish shows before and wont mind at all. ( maybe no Wratchild 1st 2 nights 😂 )

GNR could do Metallica way - cut setlist on 16-18 songs and mix 2-3 every night. 

• Like 1

On 23-5-2018 at 10:30 PM, Modano09 said:

So they're going to present the same well received show to Europe they've been playing everywhere else? Don't they know how boring that'll be for people that like the check the set lists of shows they weren't at afterwards?

I actually saw that same show twice last year (Paris & Belgium). That doesn't keep me from going again. Gn'R concert is becoming my new "event of the year". Always great fun, be it a little more exepensive and predictable every year. 😁

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but how do we know the setlist is real? why would the band print out a setlist one month before the first show, anyway? How do we know it isn't fake or fro the last leg?

I think someone said it's the Forum LA setlist. So, no, don't think we have to put much stock into it.

I'm sure they'll add something to the set. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I think someone said it's the Forum LA setlist. So, no, don't think we have to put much stock into it.

I'm sure they'll add something to the set. 

They always add something. Probably a new cover or two, and maybe dig out a deep track or something. I don't know why people seem to expect more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but how do we know the setlist is real? why would the band print out a setlist one month before the first show, anyway? How do we know it isn't fake or fro the last leg?

It is a band setlist, but I'm 99% sure based on some anonymous sources that it's an old setlist and shouldn't be considered to encapsulate what the band expects to play this summer through the fall.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1