[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, RageKage said:

Wtf is wrong with you?

Boo-hoo, grow up and learn that people can have differing opinions :lol:

I'm glad to hear the setlist is likely just an old one re-emerging as a rumored new setlist, the running order needed a shake-up to make the concerts less predictable.  Maybe a little change in stage design as well?

17 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Duff could probably do Slither okay, but not Fall to Pieces. Personally, I'm not even sure do I want to hear that song sung by anyone else than Weiland. Would be cool to hear Slither, though!

I am not a giant Myles fan but he actually does Fall To Pieces pretty damn good if yo haven't heard it.  I think Axl good pull it off if he used the right voices.  Definitely not Duff. 

• Like 3

For a few years before the reunion happened I always thought it would’ve been a good idea that if GNR did reunite they should’ve played and rotated songs from CD and VR/Slash albums as a sign of respect for each other’s work. It would certainly beat having to listen to between 6-8 CD songs every show. I know it would never happen but it would’ve been good if they did 

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am not a giant Myles fan but he actually does Fall To Pieces pretty damn good if yo haven't heard it.  I think Axl good pull it off if he used the right voices.  Definitely not Duff. 

Axl can definitely do Velvet Revolver songs justice if the band ever chooses to play a track or two from Contraband or Libertad :headbang:I'd say the same for Conspirators tracks, but it's hard to say if Axl can handle songs like You're a Lie..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Boo-hoo, grow up and learn that people can have differing opinions :lol:

I'm glad to hear the setlist is likely just an old one re-emerging as a rumored new setlist, the running order needed a shake-up to make the concerts less predictable.  Maybe a little change in stage design as well?

Of course they can. But some opinions are just ridiculous. :-)

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Axl can definitely do Velvet Revolver songs justice if the band ever chooses to play a track or two from Contraband or Libertad :headbang:I'd say the same for Conspirators tracks, but it's hard to say if Axl can handle songs like You're a Lie..

I'd love it if he at least did Slither. I think he'd tear the shit out of that song.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd love it if he at least did Slither. I think he'd tear the shit out of that song.

I can't picture it. Axl and Weiland have very different styles. Not convinced Axl would pull it off convincingly. He never really had a good voice for grunge-rock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I can't picture it. Axl and Weiland have very different styles. Not convinced Axl would pull it off convincingly. He never really had a good voice for grunge-rock.

He's performed Black Hole Sun enough times to convince me he isn't afraid to step on the toes of any grunge vocalist, especially the dead ones :axl:

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I always thought he would sound great on that song using his lower register voice. It's popped up on setlists here and there. It'd be a respectful nod to slash and duff if he did it once... or maybe he still resents Scott for calling him a wig wearing fuck lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I always thought he would sound great on that song using his lower register voice. It's popped up on setlists here and there. It'd be a respectful nod to slash and duff if he did it once... or maybe he still resents Scott for calling him a wig wearing fuck lol

Wonder if he ever saw the interview where Weiland rescinded it and sided with him against Slash & Duff after VR ended. ;)

12 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Didn't they rehearse Slither? If I remember correctly it was under "alternate songs" for the Slane concert, along with Perfect Crime.

I'd also love if Axl sang that, I think with not covering it but making it his own it would be amazing.

They also rehearsed perfect crime but both will never happen

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Do you have a link to that interview?

https://www.loudersound.com/features/scott-weiland

Right now it’s like a relationship that’s dead in the water, where you need space to figure out if it’s important enough to last. The band need time out to sit back and let the creative juices flow, and also time away to realise what everyone’s part is in why things have gotten to the point that they’re at. Now, I’m not saying that I’m innocent in this, but everybody’s at this place where the fucking finger is getting pointed and they’re all pointing the finger at me. When you think about it, isn’t it ironic that the band is regurgitating the same story that they did with Axl Rose in their last band, where the lead singer was being demonised? Originally I thought: “What a troll he must have been. What an evil man.” But you know what? I have to say that I have an entirely different opinion of him today.

That’s a turnaround. Last year you verbally laid into him in a very public manner.

But y’know what? That was a long time ago and I’d heard a lot of stories. But there are two sides to every story, and having been in this band I actually feel for the guy and understand him a whole lot more.

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Do you have any indication what they will play on this leg?

Ooh, I have! They will mostly focus on the classic songs which the vast majority of the audience come to hear, then they will play some instrumentals, some solos, a few covers which they might change up a bit, and a few deeper cuts. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

If Axl successfully sings Shadow of your Love I will be more positive around here. 

If Axl gives 50% of what he gave into his AC/DC performances, he'll have surpassed a lot of people's expectations.  I could see even more than SOYL popping up in a future setlist if they'll be promoting the Appetite box, maybe with some Nice Boys and Think About You.

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

If Axl gives 50% of what he gave into his AC/DC performances, he'll have surpassed a lot of people's expectations.  I could see even more than SOYL popping up in a future setlist if they'll be promoting the Appetite box, maybe with some Nice Boys and Think About You.

Idk if it’s effort as much as style. He really learns to sing these songs with a falsetto instead of with power. Look at what he turned Yesterday’s into last year. It was embarrassing. But usually his first attempt at a song is his best (Estranged Rio, Yesterday’s Vegas 14, You’re Crazy 13 Brooklyn) when he puts the song into the set regularly he finds ways to sing it in that style we hate! 

So my hope is if they bust out SOYL that his instinct kicks in and he can do it some justice. I don’t doubt he can’t sing that fast still. Frank says Axl prefers to sing lines faster, but we’ll see

• Like 1