[SPOILER ALERT] Setlist Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Do you have any indication what they will play on this leg?

No idea.  Perhaps it will be the same as last year, but people are wrong to assume that the image posted last week is indicative of what can expect.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Idk if it’s effort as much as style. He really learns to sing these songs with a falsetto instead of with power. Look at what he turned Yesterday’s into last year. It was embarrassing. But usually his first attempt at a song is his best (Estranged Rio, Yesterday’s Vegas 14, You’re Crazy 13 Brooklyn) when he puts the song into the set regularly he finds ways to sing it in that style we hate! 

So my hope is if they bust out SOYL that his instinct kicks in and he can do it some justice. I don’t doubt he can’t sing that fast still. Frank says Axl prefers to sing lines faster, but we’ll see

I can see that; Axl noticeably struggles with holding some notes, so quickly going through bars would be easier on his performances.  

Best thing we can hope for is Axl getting too comfortable with the songs, and starting to phone it in instead of giving it his best effort.

Edited by Gackt

I would be be happy WITH shadow, because that  means AXL has his voice back , we wont know that till the tour starts again , There is a lot of songs we want to hear on the setlist but IMO Axl voice stops him from performing them live -Locomotive -Don't Damn ME is what a lot of everyone wants probably wont happen , I hope AXL gets it back , he is probably 90 percent at  the end of the tour last and that's  better than  he was when it started , If Shadow of your Love is on the setlist Axl voice is back , Drop the CD songs but has anyone noticed how AXL picks up his game on those songs are is it just me 

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't even want them to play SOYL because I doubt Axl will pull it off. Bad Obsession and You Ain't The First, please. 

I'd love it if they brought either of those back but I don't think they will. 

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

So now they even censor photos with setlists?!? What the hell happened to this band ?!? :facepalm:

It's a bummer, but that's where we're at :/

i can't see SOYL making it in, since that song never even made an EP/LP. (plus its a risky song to sing those high vox live in stadiums considering it'll be a bathroom break tune). I can see an old UYI cut making it in, or shacklers lol... even a new song, which people hype up quite a bit to the point of a joke again like CD, but with these circumstances, Axl might just say fuck it and pop out a rockin GnR single with slash and duff high in the mix, he's sort of thrown caution to the wind anyways? 

side note- shadow is wicked

As fans we pushed on this forum and all other Social Media to play Coma , never thought it would happen but it did and it kicked fucking ass every night , LOCOMOTIVE I can beg for this time , if its played and Slash killing the outro wah wah solo with a EPIC jam ,I will lose my mind - Love to Hear LOCOMOTIVE and THE GARDEN added to this setlist 

• Like 3

This photo just goes to show that AXL chose to cut 6 songs from the Berlin setlist. Clearly something was up. Id love to see slither prostitute and madagasgar become staples over, BHS and TIL even though i quite enjoyed both songs when i saw GNR live. (TIL much more so in 2016)

8 hours ago, Propaganda said:

He can never pull of Oh My God in this kinda shape, but it's good to see it on the setlist, and it's even better if they re-record the song.

It's my favorite New GNR song, along with Better and Chinese Democracy.

I absolutely love OMG.

OMG would be more interesting than the other CD tracks or another cover, and I think Duff would sound great on it... Dunno if Frank would get the groove. I could imagine Axl's current voice sounding good on it*, if he basically screams the whole thing in AC/DC mode. But he probably wouldn't, and Mickey would ruin it.

*assuming Berlin was an exceptionally bad fluke and he'll be back to at least the already low standard of 2017 by the time they play it.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Propaganda said:

He can never pull of Oh My God in this kinda shape, but it's good to see it on the setlist, and it's even better if they re-record the song.

It's my favorite New GNR song, along with Better and Chinese Democracy.

I would love to see this band take on OMG

• Like 1