So that's it? We never hear Chinese D Era Tracks?

Kaneda

1 hour ago, Kaneda said:

Axl worked on Chinese D from 1996-2008 and he doesn't even let go of all the material.

Based on all the evidence we've got so far, except from ChiDem tracks (and shitty remixes of the same tracks! and Oh My God of course), Axl might have only 3 or 4 new unheard songs left in his vault.

And these songs are unfinished and probably more like sketches, ideas or done with half assed vocals or no vocals at all. Here we are talking about songs that could not beat even the worst tracks such as Scraped and Riad to make it to the album.

Bottom line is that there is simply not enough material to be released as a new album. You might live in an illusion or whatever but it's time to wake up my friend.

1 hour ago, Kaneda said:

The songs he wrote while he was trying to prove a point.

1995 - 2015 = 20 years + 15m $                             ......twenty fucking years

Not enough to prove a point?

Can't thank UNIVERSAL bosses enough for forcing the man to spit out those 14 ChiDem tracks in the end. Otherwise all of us would take the dream into our grave.

So be happy with what you've got and don't have high hopes for new music. just go discover thousands of other great bands and records out there.

Go see Metallica and the perfect ways they answer the generosity of their fans.

----------------

We are just a bunch of "Clueless fans" who deserve to be mocked by so called manager who can't simply get his own shit together and his life and income so much depends on Axl's mercy that he can't answer a simple fan question.

and believe me the above comments come from an all time Axl fan with utmost respect to 2001 - 2002 lineup.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

1 hour ago, Kaneda said:

All these new fans gushing over the cash grab tour have no idea what it was like seeing Axl and Bucket when the band actually had energy, anger and desire to prove something.  That's all.  See ya'll next month.

Isn't it funny how the ChiDem fans are now the ones lamenting the loss of a "golden" era? How times have changed.

Don't blame it on the reunion though. Axl has been coasting with the GNR name since 2012.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaneda said:

I'll never understand why the GNR fans with stuff won't help the fans get something new.  And the forums are shut down any sharing of leaks/songs.  Literally SO MANY people have the remixed album, Silkworks studio, OMG studio...and yet nobody shares i?  It's so lame watching people gush over a remix of Appetite.  

Couple of things-

The forums shut down sharing of copyrighted material because we don't want to get sued for facilitating the sharing of it. 

If you'd like to get ahold of unreleased copyrighted material and host it on a site you own, you're more than welcome to do so. I'm sure many people would appreciate it. 

Also... Where on Earth are you seeing people gush over an Appetite "remix" because that's most certainly not happening on this site. 

• Like 4

I've lost all respect for Axl Rose, but as others have stated he was becoming a nostalgia act long before the reunion. The Axl Rose of 1985-2010 seems to be a completely different person from the Axl that resurfaced at Rock In Rio on October 2,2011. It's almost like he was switched out with a doppelganger. He seems happier, but all his integrity, creativity and passion seemed to have been drained.

I think axl is still attached to the material from the Chinese era that is still unreleased for the simple fact slash and duff were given the chance to listen to it and he said they liked it. Seems like axl cared about their opinion of it so maybe he wants to incorporate their ideas and update at least some of the cd2 album with their take on it. Also he said that the album is complete so not just a few unfinished ideas. Makes sense that he would just keep the aaa material and use it as kind of a base for an album that represents the current line up as well like he did with bucket bumble and frank when they joined the band. Having said that I think 10 years is a long time to not release anything but not out of the norm for axl. If he thinks he has something that's worth a release and is musically strong enough with slash and duff he'll probably release it at some point imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Nobody really cared for the Chinese Democracy era, people couldnt relate to the music or the band members (nobody even knew who was who and played what during thise years). Music just wasnt that good, otherwise it wouldnt have ended the wat it did.

No matter how intelectual the Chinese Democracy fans think they are just because they like some bleeps and farts that a random keyboardist did during some songs, the fact is that those songs are simplistic and have nothing special about them. They are cool songs, they are indeed incoherent and they lack of directions, but are cool ideas... BUT they are no Jungle or November Rain, songs that had that SOMETHING else and that people could relate to also simple songs, but simple songs from people with a REAL point and anger to prove. Not some point from a spoiled man-child who tought he was above his former bandmates. It took 20 years but he finally realized that he was NOTHING and could do NOTHING without them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kaneda said:

It's sad that November of 2018 will mark the 10 year anniversary of Chinese Democracy.  Another decade gone without ONE NEW Guns N' Roses song.  Think about that for a minute.  Axl worked on Chinese D from 1996-2008 and he doesn't even let go of all the material.  Making matters even more lame is the fans that have some leaks will not even share them the way they did back in 2004-2008.  What gives?  Why has Guns N Roses turned into this?  A nostalgia act where people are now buying $1,000 box sets of songs and demos EVERYONE has heard now for over 30 years!  Shadow of Your Love is getting people excited?  WTF?   Who even cares? 

The most interesting music is the music from the Chinese D era.  The songs Bucket/Brain/Bumble/Fortus/Fink worked on.  The songs Axl labored over for years to get right.  The songs he wrote while he was trying to prove a point.   That he could remake the magic.   Chinese D is a special album that after 10 years still never gets old for me.  I listen to Chinese D material when I'm melting rubber in the Demon more than Illusion stuff (which just doesn't hit as hard).  

I'll never understand why the GNR fans with stuff won't help the fans get something new.  And the forums are shut down any sharing of leaks/songs.  Literally SO MANY people have the remixed album, Silkworks studio, OMG studio...and yet nobody shares i?  It's so lame watching people gush over a remix of Appetite.  Cool.  Not.  Sorry...but those of us who waited over a decade for Chinese D (and you know who you are) deserve more than this.  All these new fans gushing over the cash grab tour have no idea what it was like seeing Axl and Bucket when the band actually had energy, anger and desire to prove something.  That's all.  See ya'll next month. 

Get over it. CD has failed. It's a dark and now closed chapter in history of GNR.

It's a shame that there wasn't released new music by real GNR in over two decades, but hopefully they're working on to fix that problem.

I just want to listen to the full version of This I love that seems to be a remix, with Axl having some WICKED vocals. I think there’s only about 10 seconds of the song on YouTube somewhere. 

I like Chinese Democracy, If the World, Sorry (live at least, the studio track is meh), TWAT, Prostitute and This I love are great songs; but that era needs to be retired with a 2010 proshot, and that needs to be the end of it.