Best Version of KOHD.

The earliest version I'd ever checked out until right now was ritz '88. I loved it when I first heard it.. blown away.  Original 5. Adler on drums! No background singers.  Different guitar solos( the second is amazing!). Izzy's lick when it's just the 4 of them.  Marquee was good and raw.. but they hadn't quite figured it out yet.  They should have recorded it the way they played it in '88 in my opinion. RAR '06 was good too. 

• 1 month later...
On 25-5-2018 at 10:21 AM, IncitingChaos said:

probably the most powerful version with the crowd and so forth 

This performance is singlehandedly responsible for me loving rock music. 13yo me saw it on TV in 1997 and that was Genesis right there. 

It'll always have a very special place in my heart. 

Edited by username

On 7/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, t-p-d-a said:

Marquis, Marquis and Marquis

edit: i mean marquee

I am really glad this had officially released again making it more accessible.. I prefer the Ritz I think but this one is great too. They were such a great live band back then. Hopefully someday they shift the song closer to those earlier versions again.. Even the UYI versions minus the reggae would be great. That was fun at the time but no need to revisit that ;)

On 7/18/2018 at 12:50 AM, moreblack said:

They're so locked in on this one. Bitchin' solos too.

Yeah, this is my favorite one from the Illusions tour.. Haven't seen it in awhile but I clearly remember Slash tearing it the fuck up!! \m/