NITL Setlist vs UYI Setlist

NITL Setlist vs UYI Setlist  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday I browsed Tokyo 1992 and 1993 setlists.

And I noticed they barely differ at all. One or two songs at best. And on top of that all, it's only like 20 or less songs in the length. That's like 6 shows almost identically the same. Also on the 1993 legs of UYI, Nightrain and ISO are heavily left out. 

Perhaps some of you careen towards UYI because of the novelty back then and Axl's voice...

...but NITL heavily outweighs UYI for me. It spans up to 28 songs and we get deep-cuts and all the hits.

The only bad thing is CD songs (in case of 3+)

What do you think?

Edited by scooby845

44 minutes ago, Towelie said:

28 songs sounding ropey as fuck vs. 18 songs sounding like one of the greatest rock singers of all time??

UYI every damn time. 

Did you even read the original post? Here...

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Perhaps some of you careen towards UYI because of the novelty back then and Axl's voice...

We're talking JUST the songs in the setlist... Of course it was better back then...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Did you even read the original post? Here...

We're talking JUST the songs in the setlist... Of course it was better back then...

Yes, I read the original thread. And setlists mean jack if Axl is butchering the songs. It looks good on paper that they're performing Coma and Estranged every night, but what does it mean when Axl can't really do it justice.

NITL is quantity over quality. I'd rather a shorter 18 track set of songs he can actually pull off these days and leave the vocal epics like Coma and TWAT in the past.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yes, I read the original thread. And setlists mean jack if Axl is butchering the songs. It looks good on paper that they're performing Coma and Estranged every night, but what does it mean when Axl can't really do it justice.

NITL is quantity over quality. I'd rather a shorter 18 track set of songs he can actually pull off these days and leave the vocal epics like Coma and TWAT in the past.

Even if they cut the NITL setlist down to 18 songs, Axl would still auto-pilot songs like SCOM and YCBM...

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

28 songs sounding ropey as fuck vs. 18 songs sounding like one of the greatest rock singers of all time??

UYI every damn time. 

The question is about the songs, not the performance itself.

I agree I'd much rather 18-20 songs absolutely nailed too. But as a setlist it's hard to fault the NITL imagine if you are seeing gnr for the first time! That's a great all rounder set no matter what era you prefer.

• Like 1

Philadelphia 1991

Nightrain

Brownstone

L&LD

Bad Obsession

DTJ

Civil War

So Fine

Attitude

YCBM

Patience

ISE

Don't Cry 

November Rain

Jungle

Move to the City 

SCOM

KOHD

Estranged 

Paradise City 

Philadelphia 2016

ISE

Brownstone

Chinese Democracy 

Jungle

DTJ

Estranged

L&LD

Rocket Queen 

YCBM

New Rose

This I Love

Civil War

Sorry

Out Ta Get Me

Coma

SCOM

Better

WYWH

November Rain 

KOHD

Nightrain

Don't Cry

The Seeker

Paradise City 

I'll take the NITL set any day between these two

• Like 1

02.19.92 - Toyko Dome, Tokyo, Japan
Coma, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Don't Cry, Piano Solo, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

02.20.92 - Toyko Dome, Tokyo, Japan
It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Locomotive, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Don't Cry, Nightrain, So Fine, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Move To The City, You Could Be Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

02.22.92 - Toyko Dome, Tokyo, Japan
Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Attitude, Pretty Tied Up, Welcome To The Jungle, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, So Fine, Rocket Queen [w/ It Tastes Good, Don't It?], Move To The City, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

01.12.93 - Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Happiness Is A Warm Gun [Intro] / Patience, My Michelle, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

01.14.93 - Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Yesterdays, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Bad Obsession, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, The One [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

01.15.93 - Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
It's So Easy, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Nightrain, So Fine, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, Bad Obsession, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, The One [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door [w/ Ronnie Wood], Don't Cry, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

I rest my case :P

16 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

02.19.92 - Toyko Dome, Tokyo, Japan
Coma, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Don't Cry, Piano Solo, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, So Fine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

Holly shit. GNR opened with Coma once?? What a ballsy ass move! Is there any audio of that show? 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Holly shit. GNR opened with Coma once?? What a ballsy ass move! Is there any audio of that show? 

I think they opened with Coma twice - once in '91, and they fucked up the ending, and once in Japan '92. There's audio of both.

06.04.91 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH
opening act: Skid Row
set: Coma, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, My Michelle, Paradise City, Used To Love Her, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: This setlist is possibly incomplete. The first live performance of 'Coma'. Axl says how it was ex-manager Alan Niven's idea to tour before the new record came out. Axl goes off on Mötley Crüe. 'Paradise City' is played early in the set, unusual because it is almost always the last song played

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think they opened with Coma twice - once in '91, and they fucked up the ending, and once in Japan '92. There's audio of both.

Right on, I don't think I ever knew that. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2018 at 2:41 PM, scooby845 said:

Yesterday I browsed Tokyo 1992 and 1993 setlists.

And I noticed they barely differ at all. One or two songs at best. And on top of that all, it's only like 20 or less songs in the length. That's like 6 shows almost identically the same. Also on the 1993 legs of UYI, Nightrain and ISO are heavily left out. 

...but NITL heavily outweighs UYI for me. It spans up to 28 songs and we get deep-cuts and all the hits.

The only bad thing is CD songs (in case of 3+)

What do you think?

there were 3 illusion tours

Guns n Roses 1991 tour - nice setlists

Guns n Circus 1992 tour - boring & predictable setlists

Guns n Bones 1993 tour - nice setlists at first, then boring at the end

the one tour that is truly similar (just as bad) to the Not Enough Loot in This Lifetime Tour is obviously the 1992 tour

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

there were 3 illusion tours

Guns n Roses 1991 tour - nice setlists

Guns n Circus 1992 tour - boring & predictable setlists

Guns n Bones 1993 tour - nice setlists at first, then boring at the end

the one tour that is truly similar (just as bad) to the Not Enough Loot in This Lifetime Tour is obviously the 1992 tour

Skin n Bones tour was to make money, the 91 and 92 broke even because of the amount of fines for breaking curfews*

and touring with the fucking circus :lol:

* Axl being late :shrugs: