Interview on June 11 **Never mind, it's just Dizzy saying the same things as always**

I'm going to say it's Dizzy. he has a new album out. while he wasn't in the band for AFD he was "in the studio next door" for a lot of the demo sessions in 1986 that are being released as part of this box set, and so he knows pretty much everything anyway. And maybe he was "more sober" than the GNR guys in 1986 so maybe that's a good excuse to have him speak for the box set bc the gnr guys dont remember much. 

(I cringed the whole time I typed this and just threw up a little.)

• Haha 3

At this point I'd only care if it was Axl. I'm sure it will probably be Slash or Duff in the best case scenario, with zero discussion about anything really interesting, with topics around gear, guitar riffs, other musicians, how great it is to be together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

It's only cynical/negative if sometimes you are proven wrong. With GNR, fans expect the worst, and we're always proven right.

Actually we're not proven right because even though we expect the worst, our minds can't even comprehend the bottomless depths they go to. GnR somehow manages to shock and awe with disappointment every single time. They always find a way to defy even the most bottom of the barrel expectations. It's a rare skill. Bravo to the redhead and Team Brazil I say. Well done.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Actually we're not proven right because even though we expect the worst, our minds can't even comprehend the bottomless depths they go to. GnR somehow manages to shock and awe with disappointment every single time. They always find a way to defy even the most bottom of the barrel expectations. It's a rare skill. Bravo to the redhead and Team Brazil I say. Well done.

After the 2011-15 era, I do not think it's possible... Then I remember it is GNR we're talking about and remind myself how satisfied (NOT) I actually am.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

It's only cynical/negative if sometimes you are proven wrong. With GNR, fans expect the worst, and we're always proven right.

You guys just put a naill to the head with this!!

I wonder how the guys from Vegas that did this Paradise City promotion feel about this, considering that most of the real band reunited just a few years after...

They're probably telling each other... Daaaaamn! We should have waited a little longer! :awesomeface:

Edited by Propaganda

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I hate complaining about the reunion Bc part of me always wanted it, but I guess I figured it was going to bring about a change in Axl and how he operates. Instead it seems Duff and Slash just fell into line 20 years later. 

2016 we were lucky that the ACDC thing coincided with GNR reunion Bc it gave Axl a bit of that motivation we had been missing and brought about some good performances that I’m not sure would have happened without ACDC. 

I feel exactly the same way.

Topics that will not be covered on the interview: New music, Axl's voice, actual details on how the reunion came about, future plans.

Topics that will be covered: AFD box, other people's music, superficial perceptions of the reunion "yeah, it feels great" 

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

But to be honest, I'd much rather have them give a full hour interview about how it all happened than them talking about...anything else.

You’ll get an interview with Dizzy fuckin Reed talking about anything else and you’ll like it dammit! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, arrio said:

lool good job !!! that´s what i meant 

Don't do this to Tommy at least... I get the joke and all but Tommy had been more than just a hired gun and he doesn't deserve this kind of rude joke. His contribution in realizing Axl's idea is beyond words. (whether you like CD or not). Also he was probably the most charismatic as well as decent member of that period of band. Furthermore he was somebody special in the music world way before joining GNR. 

Personally I prefer his bass more than Duff's. His sound is Rich and he's got lots of creativity.

And nowadays he's rocking with his Bash & Pop and I'm happy for him:

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1