Interview on June 11 **Never mind, it's just Dizzy saying the same things as always**

5 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Don't do this to Tommy at least... I get the joke and all but Tommy had been more than just a hired gun and he doesn't deserve this kind of rude joke. His contribution in realizing Axl's idea is beyond words. (whether you like CD or not). Also he was probably the most charismatic as well as decent member of that period of band. Furthermore he was somebody special in the music world way before joining GNR. 

Personally I prefer his bass more than Duff's. His sound is Rich and he's got lots of creativity.

And nowadays he's rocking with his Bash & Pop and I'm happy for him:

I have nothing against any of them. I loved all lineups of GNR from 2001 until the mst recent hybrid. I have nothing but respect for all of them some more than others. It’s all for fun and laughs not trying to take anything away from anyone. 

Just to make it clear on my end no insults to current and former members.

• Like 3

Tommy's a great performer, he definitely knew how to take advantage of being in a big-name band like GNR to promote his other endeavors..the same went for Ashba; however his backstage antics make me prefer Duff over him, if we were doing a fantasy football version of a GNR line-up.

And seriously, more secrecy?  I hope this interviewer got one of those trucks to keep his lips sealed.

15 hours ago, Gibbo said:

He's done the interview but can't say who it is with as the agreement till the interview. On the 11th june

Cool, thanks for passing that along. Like many others, I'm expecting this to be Dizzy or Richard with not much new information. Like everyone else, I'll still be listening though lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Cool, thanks for passing that along. Like many others, I'm expecting this to be Dizzy or Richard with not much new information. Like everyone else, I'll still be listening though lol.

maybe it's Izzy after all...

The stars seem to be aligning... for interviews

16 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

The trio of Robin, Bucket and Tommy will be always missed. Waste of talent with Axl of course...

+ all of these 3 were going through bad shit during their stint in the band. 

Tommy - tough personal stuff, insane shit in his private life, much alcohol and wasted self, couldn't do it anymore and bailed out. poor guy. he seems to be much happier now, staying low-profile and doing small things.

Bucket - probably mental issues for years, additionally poor health (remember the cancelled 2001 summer EU tour), got bashed for his image.

BBF - strong neck and back pain after his car crash, long recovery probably for years, frustrated by no progress with GNR releases and being just a live band during Ashba era. seems quite happy now, altough I don't like his newer stuff at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Why not Sons Of Apollo is prog metal heaven.

ugh... no, it's so sterile. in our country, we have a fable, when a dog and a cat cooked a pie. they took every great food possible and put it together. the result was of course horrible.

and that's the case of similar bands. as much as I like what BBF or Mike Portnoy were doing in 2000's, they seem to be out of ideas now, producing instrumentally perfect albums, but absolutely without fresh ideas, sadly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zombux said:

+ all of these 3 were going through bad shit during their stint in the band. 

Tommy - tough personal stuff, insane shit in his private life, much alcohol and wasted self, couldn't do it anymore and bailed out. poor guy. he seems to be much happier now, staying low-profile and doing small things.

Bucket - probably mental issues for years, additionally poor health (remember the cancelled 2001 summer EU tour), got bashed for his image.

BBF - strong neck and back pain after his car crash, long recovery probably for years, frustrated by no progress with GNR releases and being just a live band during Ashba era. seems quite happy now, altough I don't like his newer stuff at all.

That's actually true, though I meant trio of bucket, Tommy + Robin. Guess Robin enjoys artistic life as well with NIN and much more than when he was in GNR.

10 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

That's actually true, though I meant trio of bucket, Tommy + Robin. Guess Robin enjoys artistic life as well with NIN and much more than when he was in GNR.

Robin's fine, he's always been living the life between Axl and Trent. altough the recent NIN stuff is also shitty, at least in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zombux said:

ugh... no, it's so sterile. in our country, we have a fable, when a dog and a cat cooked a pie. they took every great food possible and put it together. the result was of course horrible.

and that's the case of similar bands. as much as I like what BBF or Mike Portnoy were doing in 2000's, they seem to be out of ideas now, producing instrumentally perfect albums, but absolutely without fresh ideas, sadly.

Wouldn't say out of ideas, Portnoy's been great with Neal Morse and Flying Colors at least. I wasn't crazy about Winery Dogs. Bumblefoot sounds like he's having a ball.

17 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Don't do this to Tommy at least... I get the joke and all but Tommy had been more than just a hired gun and he doesn't deserve this kind of rude joke. His contribution in realizing Axl's idea is beyond words. (whether you like CD or not). Also he was probably the most charismatic as well as decent member of that period of band. Furthermore he was somebody special in the music world way before joining GNR. 

Personally I prefer his bass more than Duff's. His sound is Rich and he's got lots of creativity.

And nowadays he's rocking with his Bash & Pop and I'm happy for him:

He's destroying his life!

Look at his face...He's gotta be drunk, or with a big hangover...He looks like a guy who doesn't sleep for a month now.

Poor guy, I kinda feel sorry for him, he's a great musician, but he needs to go to rehab immediately!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

LOL not even one memorable bass line in CD.

the best that trio/band could come with is CD, stop dreaming about nonsense masterpieces, etc.

• Like 1

I don't get why we have to remember that people...they simply not belong to GNR...those are hired musicians that Axl used in his quest for substitute Slash, an impossible task...

Getting back to the interview, Mitch said that Niven will cohost the show...I guess the tiny little hope for Axl is zero....I bet is Slash

2 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Izzy was at Nashville? Is this old news or just a rumour? 

Someone posted here he/she had a friend staying in the same hotel with GN'R. And that Izzy was there. But I don't remember if ever got any confirmation

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Someone posted here he/she had a friend staying in the same hotel with GN'R. And that Izzy was there. But I don't remember if ever got any confirmation

Rumour then. 

Maybe he was playing his music too loud down the hall? "Turn that shit down mother%^&!!, Oh wait, it's Izzy". 

• Haha 1