Interview on June 11 **Never mind, it's just Dizzy saying the same things as always**

7 hours ago, felixGNR said:

LOL not even one memorable bass line in CD.

the best that trio/band could come with is CD, stop dreaming about nonsense masterpieces, etc.

You people talk so much nonsense. Have you listened to the record? 

Listen to his playing on catcher if You need some direction

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Oy, now it gets more interesting. Current member(s) of the band, being grilled by Niven? Hmmmmm....

The interview has been recorded. I think Niven will be in studio with Lafon June 11 co hosting the show.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I don't get why we have to remember that people...they simply not belong to GNR...those are hired musicians that Axl used in his quest for substitute Slash, an impossible task...

Getting back to the interview, Mitch said that Niven will cohost the show...I guess the tiny little hope for Axl is zero....I bet is Slash

like it or not, all those people are part of the legacy. same about Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke, etc. everyone.

34 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

It’s gonna be Izzy. He starts a reunion tour with Ju Ju Hounds and plays clubs and theaters!:headbang:

And then when Izzy sees a million people trying to buy tickets, he goes surfing instead lol.

This interview had got to be Slash or Izzy.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Seems like a pretty big hint that it's Slash.

My guess is Slash will say-

The tour is going great.
He loves playing the old songs and newer songs.
Everyone is getting along great.
Everyone supports each other.
The fans have been great.
Then he'll promote his forthcoming solo album.
The end.

If it is Slash then it’ll be pretty much this. For the 98% of fans that don’t go on forums it’ll be a good interview. But for the rest of us I’d be surprised if we have anything new to discuss after the interview. At least it’ll be good to hear a Slash interview again :slash:

edit: at least we might get a release date for the SKMC album :headbang:

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You people talk so much nonsense. Have you listened to the record? 

Listen to his playing on catcher if You need some direction

Ohhh is that memorable now?

I forgot that CD made history..

The one that needs directions is someone  else, duff had at least 2-3 per album.

11 hours ago, Padme said:

Someone posted here he/she had a friend staying in the same hotel with GN'R. And that Izzy was there. But I don't remember if ever got any confirmation

I remember that old 2006 documentary vid (or was it Better music video?) that featured Izzy, as one of the guys who mysteriously appeared in the footage at random places. weird stuff, and absolutely unexpected right before the Hammerstein shows.

and also, I remember the first US NITL shows, which Tommy attended as a normal visitor and tweeted about having a great time. 

damn, I guess I'm getting too old to be a fan of this band, LOL

Edited by zombux

6 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Ohhh is that memorable now?

I forgot that CD made history..

The one that needs directions is someone  else, duff had at least 2-3 per album.

It did make history, in several ways.... Duff is a great bass player, and the music he was playing to left room for moments where he could pop out. Chinese is multi-layered and sometimes that means one or more players have to hold back to hold the foundation. Look at a band like Mr Big, when Billy and Paul were playing crazy duel tapped runs, Pat was keeping it locked down with a simple but effective groove, was he a bad drummer?

We don't have to get into a boring debate about how you don't like Chinese Democracy, heard it all before and to save you some trouble - I disagree.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zombux said:

like it or not, all those people are part of the legacy. same about Tracii Guns, Gilby Clarke, etc. everyone.

i disagree

the way i see it those people are part of destruction of the legacy

commanded by axl rose

thanks axl!

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

i disagree

the way i see it those people are part of destruction of the legacy

commanded by axl rose

thanks axl!

I can see NITL as destruction of the legacy (well, the Ashba era was it already - the last year anything creative happened was probably 2008) - just a money grab with zero creative input whatsoever, but that's probably just my own perception.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

I can see NITL as destruction of the legacy (well, the Ashba era was it already - the last year anything creative happened was probably 2008) - just a money grab with zero creative input whatsoever, but that's probably just my own perception.

Man,  so glad we have a GnR insider like you to tell us what the guys are and aren't up to.  

Tell Axl and Slash we say hi please.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/05/2018 at 4:14 PM, Padme said:

Someone posted here he/she had a friend staying in the same hotel with GN'R. And that Izzy was there. But I don't remember if ever got any confirmation

This is what I posted on EVO

I just got inside info from my female friend that hung out with the band in their hotel prior to the show... Here is what she told me

1)Axl was at a country singer's house so she didn't meet

2) Izzy was at hotel and I think sound check. She said he seemed annoyed and grumpy. Says they want him to play but was in a shit mood and wasn't playing. He seemed annoyed with Adler. 

3) Melissa and Frank are buddies and have taken to Adler

4) Slash is the big brother and loves Alder being there and looks out for him. She liked Slash eventhough he wouldn't let his hair down for a pic. Was very nice and seemed to care about everyone in the band. 

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc 

6) She liked Melissa a lot. Said she had a great personality and said Frank is so nice and accessible. Like a real cool dude. 

7) She said the band is so much better today than in their glory days of drugs and booze (her opinion). She was so blown away by live Slash (we all are)

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else.  

9) She met Richard too, I asked to make sure she wasn't confused. Richard was cool but didn't get to talk to him as much as the others. 

The big news, IZZY IS IN THE MIX... I think he will warm up to playing soon enough. 

My friend is a casual. Not hard core like us.

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zombux said:

I dunno. I think this is one of those things where it looks much different to us die hards than everyone else. Every "regular person" (i.e. not us who sit on the forums all the time lol) I've talked to who's seen NITL goes on about how amazing the show was and how it was the best show they've ever seen, etc etc. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I dunno. I think this is one of those things where it looks much different to us die hards than everyone else. Every "regular person" (i.e. not us who sit on the forums all the time lol) I've talked to who's seen NITL goes on about how amazing the show was and how it was the best show they've ever seen, etc etc. 

yes, for the casuals this is surely a huge thing, nobody can deny it. and the sales show that! casuals wanted the reunion. us are of course a different breed, weirdos :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1