Article About Izzy/Guns on the Wall Street Journal

11 minutes ago, vincevenom said:

Not sure if this is the right section for this, but anyway, thought it was a nice article.

Most of the things are known facts to any fan, although I was surprised to learn that Bon Jovi tried to hire Izzy, heh.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/guns-n-roses-rakes-in-millions-on-reunion-tour-but-its-missing-mr-invisible-1527429349

Thank you. Can’t read the article though, have to pay for it? Probably is the new EU law thingy. If it’s free for you, could you copy-past the text in here? 

4 minutes ago, NovemberPain said:

“The current GNR tour has been a great success for the guys. My non-participation was simply not being able to reach a happy middle ground through the negotiation process,” Mr. Stradlin said in an email. “That’s life, sometimes things don’t work out.” He didn’t respond to further inquiries.

Fernando Lebeis, manager for Guns N’ Roses, declined to comment on the tour negotiations but said “Izzy is a dear friend.”

Thank you very much...Izzy we miss you a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

“The current GNR tour has been a great success for the guys. My non-participation was simply not being able to reach a happy middle ground through the negotiation process,” Mr. Stradlin said in an email. “That’s life, sometimes things don’t work out.” He didn’t respond to further inquiries.

:wow::wow:

WOW! Izzy answered to the WSJ! I seems cool with everything now and not angry anymore. That’s good for him. :lol:

I still miss him though. With GnR or with his own band. I wanna see you play, Mr. Stradlin!!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, vincevenom said:

Not sure if this is the right section for this, but anyway, thought it was a nice article.

Most of the things are known facts to any fan, although I was surprised to learn that Bon Jovi tried to hire Izzy, heh.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/guns-n-roses-rakes-in-millions-on-reunion-tour-but-its-missing-mr-invisible-1527429349

I read this article, belong "The Wall Street Journal" INDIA not US.

52 minutes ago, Padme said:

I guess it means the India edition not the one in the U.S.

Yes right, at least the article i read Say "The wall Street Journal"  INDIA,  sure this article is repeat of "WSJ" in every country version.

2 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Izzy fangirls/—boys going mental in 3,2,1...

I'm not really sure that one can be a gnr fan without being a fan of Izzy or at least respecting his contributions. I guess with the fans I know it's an age thing. Those 40 and above grew up with gnr and Izzy and the younger kids I know never got to see the AFD 5 lineup so they have no attachment to him. I think at the final gnr show in LA in 10 years we'll see the afd5 playing paradise city but the show itself will feature many of the 25 plus gnr alumni. 

• Like 1

This Izzy e-mail puts an end to the hopes that he might turn up for one of the shows. :( 

I wish at least both Izzy and the other side said more. It's still very vague what "happy middle ground" means in this situation. Was it only about money or there were other things too, like planning of the tour etc.?

• Like 4

Always thought Izzy was so important to Guns N' Roses during the origins of the band right through till he quit. Wonder how GnR studio sessions went without his creative influence, if Guns ever release another album they need Izzy to sit in during the process.

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Someone dropped the ball in negotiations 

No, someone (Philip Anschultz) offered big money for Axl, Slash & Duff to reunite. Those three simply did not want to split the money equal amongst original members when the offer was already on the table. And had I been in Izzy's shoes, I would tell them to f#ck off aswell. He's part of the reason they are able to play these shows for that kind of money in the first place, having been a creator of the product they're pushing. But I guess having golden swimming pools is more important to some then celebrating the past together.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This Izzy e-mail puts an end to the hopes that he might turn up for one of the shows. :( 

I wish at least both Izzy and the other side said more. It's still very vague what "happy middle ground" means in this situation. Was it only about money or there were other things too, like planning of the tour etc.?

oh you bet there was more

• Like 1