The Weed Thread

soon

It really is such a pretty plant and buds are beautiful. Whether states and the US Federal govt ever catch up with reason, I doubt it. Big pharma is too powerful.  I heard a radio spot that made me giggle. Similar to the DWI spots it was a DUI spot about driving under the influence of pot. It actually said that even though you may be only going 20 mph, reactions are also slowed to that extent and you may wreck. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

It really is such a pretty plant and buds are beautiful. Whether states and the US Federal govt ever catch up with reason, I doubt it. Big pharma is too powerful.  I heard a radio spot that made me giggle. Similar to the DWI spots it was a DUI spot about driving under the influence of pot. It actually said that even though you may be only going 20 mph, reactions are also slowed to that extent and you may wreck. 

Haha, that radio spot reminds me of a sketch comedy I saw. The DUI field test for weed isn't a breathalyzer but the offer of Cheetos :lol: 

• Haha 1

Can anyone suggest a good dry herb vape? For home use, but hand held would still be ideal.

My main want is for the heat tray, air ways and mouth piece to all be non-leaching materials. No inhaling plastic fumes for me please. So ceramic, glass, high grade stainless steel (is stainless steel healthy for this?)

Thanks!

Got a new vape yesterday! Hit all my specs and happened to be affordable too - Utillian 420.

I was enjoying it so much last night that I didn’t really take note of the tornado warning.

Yeah, I vaped while a tornado ripped through, just sitting in the dark of the power down, happy as could be. Listening to comedy fight club.

I wake up this morning to see wreckage and learn that a few people are in serious condition at hospital.

Well, I guess I should go see how I can help with clean up and relief efforts. 

Hope they get power up before all my meat thaws. Although cooking up 30 lbs of meat sounds like It would pair well with the vape.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some Sensi Star to help ease back pain. Smells so nice and has this amazing dense texture with out being compressed. Will blend with some Sativa to get a bit giddy too.

v8U9qCfh.jpg

^^^ My batch looks most like this pic because its well cured.

mTyio0Rh.jpg

CH93lxFh.jpg

Look at these crystals "Trichomes" up close!!!!

On 15/09/2018 at 1:11 PM, soon said:

Can anyone suggest a good dry herb vape? For home use, but hand held would still be ideal.

My main want is for the heat tray, air ways and mouth piece to all be non-leaching materials. No inhaling plastic fumes for me please. So ceramic, glass, high grade stainless steel (is stainless steel healthy for this?)

Thanks!

Y'know I never used weed the vape way, whats the point, what are the benefits, hows it work?

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know I never used weed the vape way, whats the point, what are the benefits, hows it work?

The benefits I can speak to personally as a non-expert are that its so much easier on the throat and lungs. It's just a fine mist the wont cause coughs. It also barely has an odour and what it does smell like isnt cannabis. So, for me this means not having to open my window on a cold winter night - I can vape indoors and it has no impact on my environment. And you ever have a night wear you smoked a lot of weed and then you coughed up some tar the next morning? That doesnt happen with vaping. I know for certain that my lungs and throat feels better in general as well as during consumption. My cardio performance is certainly improved. Also in my experience I can stretch out my bud longer - I get high off or a smaller amount of weed if I vape. So its saving me money! No bongs to clean or ash trays to empty.

And just like vaping tabbaco you arent ingesting any harmful fumes resulted in burning something and the lower heat point doesnt draw out as many toxic fumes that are in the bud. This explainer says there are 100 toxins released in cannabis smoke that arent present in cannabis vape. Im sure its true, but I have no idea.

How it works, and Ive never seen how a tobacco vape work so maybe its the same? Mine is for dried bud only. A glass mouth piece attaches to a small steal base witch screws into the palm sized unit. Under were it screws in is the heating chamber so I crush up my weed, put it in the chamber, screw lid back on, wait a few seconds for it to come to temperature and inhale through the glass 'straw.' Charge it with my computer.

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, soon said:

How it works, and Ive never seen how a tobacco vape work so maybe its the same? Mine is for dried bud only. A glass mouth piece attaches to a small steal base witch screws into the palm sized unit. Under were it screws in is the heating chamber so I crush up my weed, put it in the chamber, screw lid back on, wait a few seconds for it to come to temperature and inhale through the glass 'straw.' Charge it with my computer.

do you have a pic? It sounds promising.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

He's fuckin' sold me and all, where do i get one of these goddamnedest dag blastedest new fangled contraptions Cleetus? :lol: 

Yay, you get one first and let me know what it's like....obvs mine would be purely medicinal ;)

1 minute ago, soon said:

Better pics then I could take of it here, on the companies site. This is the model I have:

http://utillian.com/utillian-420/

do you have to replace parts?

Hang on, only 60 minutes vape time?? i'd have to get 4 or 5 to keep me going :lol:

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Yay, you get one first and let me know what it's like....obvs mine would be purely medicinal ;)

do you have to replace parts?

Hang on, only 60 minutes vape time?? i'd have to get 4 or 5 to keep me going :lol:

Im told they last 3-5 years. One year warranty. Theres a compartment in the bottom to put the glass stem in for safe travel.

Only turn it on in the moments you are actually inhaling! :lol: 

1 minute ago, soon said:

Im told they last 3-5 years. One year warranty. Theres a compartment in the bottom to put the glass stem in for safe travel.

No i mean, with my vapes you have to buy replacement 'carts' which hold the wick and you put the oil in that. I suppose with a dry vape you don't need all that stuff :lol:

• Like 1

I've got a little handheld vape that takes oil cartridges (though I've used 'heat gun with a straw' style ones like soon described). I don't really care for vaping though, I find it more comparable to brownies/cookies/etc than just smoking.

On a related note, I smashed my bong last weekend and I think I might save up for a 'good' one. I've gone thru a few different bongs, just the 7mil old-style ones, but what I paid for those will now just get me small, harsher ones. <_<

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've got a little handheld vape that takes oil cartridges (though I've used 'heat gun with a straw' style ones like soon described). I don't really care for vaping though, I find it more comparable to brownies/cookies/etc than just smoking.

On a related note, I smashed my bong last weekend and I think I might save up for a 'good' one. I've gone thru a few different bongs, just the 7mil old-style ones, but what I paid for those will now just get me small, harsher ones. <_<

The buds cheaper there, but Id imagine the glassware is way more expensive there?

23 minutes ago, soon said:

The buds cheaper there, but Id imagine the glassware is way more expensive there?

Glassware is ridiculous. I've always gone with the relatively 'cheap' bongs but for comparison, my last one looked very similar to this except it was green/yellow instead of orange/green:

water-pipe-mix-three-ring-9-inch-re01.jp

After tax it was about $65-70.

My replacement is basically an orange-ish version of this:

1085.jpg

Same price, but it's smaller, harsher and lesser quality. It's actually fairly comparable to this first bong I ever bought (which was only $30-35), the black and white one on the right in this pic:

P12997304421182615b.jpg

58 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Glassware is ridiculous. I've always gone with the relatively 'cheap' bongs but for comparison, my last one looked very similar to this except it was green/yellow instead of orange/green:

water-pipe-mix-three-ring-9-inch-re01.jp

After tax it was about $65-70.

My replacement is basically an orange-ish version of this:

1085.jpg

Same price, but it's smaller, harsher and lesser quality. It's actually fairly comparable to this first bong I ever bought (which was only $30-35), the black and white one on the right in this pic:

P12997304421182615b.jpg

Those smaller ones would go for $65 now? That is ridiculous! My last comparable bong to the smaller orange one you replaced it with might be $25 here today. I got one similar but no colour for $13 on sale. A bit more at a convenience store, but not a head shop.

That top one is a nice looking bong. I don't even dare ask what a double chamber goes for. They should be offering financing arrangements at those prices!

Hope after the 17th that you can more easily mail order for a non-Van price. Hopefully everything gets cheaper everywhere.

21 hours ago, soon said:

Only turn it on in the moments you are actually inhaling! :lol: 

Do they seriously not smell, how can that be?  Like at all?

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do they seriously not smell, how can that be?  Like at all?

They have a very mild smell. It does really linger and isn't recognizable to others as weed. You get a mild weed flavour in your mouth which is nice and then an even milder sent in the exhale. Some types of really skunky indica has a hint more of weed smell but it just dissipates. Thats at the temps on any vapes Ive used. Ones that go to higher heats for medincial use (to get at all the cbd's) might have more odour? But seriously yu could vape it in public and randoms would have no idea.

Its just extracting the moisture content and Id guess thats related to the lack of odours. ?

5 minutes ago, soon said:

They have a very mild smell. It does really linger and isn't recognizable to others as weed. You get a mild weed flavour in your mouth which is nice and then an even milder sent in the exhale. Some types of really skunky indica has a hint more of weed smell but it just dissipates. Thats at the temps on any vapes Ive used. Ones that go to higher heats for medincial use (to get at all the cbd's) might have more odour? But seriously yu could vape it in public and randoms would have no idea.

Its just extracting the moisture content and Id guess thats related to the lack of odours. ?

I dont give a shit about public, i’ll blaze a straight spliff in public its indoors that bothers me, you don’t want your gaff smelling like a fuckin’ skunk farm.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Those smaller ones would go for $65 now? That is ridiculous! My last comparable bong to the smaller orange one you replaced it with might be $25 here today. I got one similar but no colour for $13 on sale. A bit more at a convenience store, but not a head shop.

That top one is a nice looking bong. I don't even dare ask what a double chamber goes for. They should be offering financing arrangements at those prices!

Hope after the 17th that you can more easily mail order for a non-Van price. Hopefully everything gets cheaper everywhere.

Yea I was quite surprised that the little ones were so expensive. And I even went to one of the most reasonably priced shops in town. If I wanted a proper replacement (same size/quality as my last one) it'd probably be around $100. I stopped considering it when I asked "what's the cheapest 7 mil bong you've got?" and the guy put a $125 bong on the counter. <_<

But, I had a summertime garden, and I'll have an indoor garden in the winter, so what I save from spending at dispensaries might just go towards better glassware :devilshades: