Tommy Robinson

oldnews

I think he taps into a lot of frustration that a certain disenfranchised white populus feel.  The trouble is he’s just a football hooligan with a big gob and an axe to grind and a flimsy grasp on the issues upon which he pontificates.  Its the on-going evolution of the far right, they all claim to be less far right than their predecessor yet always happened to be started by someone of the previous far right party, sort of like Britain First, who are just a 21st Century BNP attempting to ponce up their right wing behaviour and claim they are not racists, BUT...  and before the BNP there was the NF and before that there was Moseley etc etc.  So he’s a sort of a contemporary incarnation of all that, it just goes from jews to n!ggers to pakis to muslims now, muslims and immigration.  

I find it all quite dull to be honest.  There’ll be another one along when Tommy is done.  And his name aint Tommy btw, Tommy Robinson was a Luton MIG.

Trivia:  the guy that clumps Tommy outside the takeaway in the oft viewed youtube vid is an aqquintance of mine, as are two of the lads that were kicking off with Britain First in that vid where they were foot patrolling Luton.

Tommy used to serve up in Luton and all the paki dealers used to batter him, thats why he really dont like pakis, he used to serve up out of his little purple Vauxhall Corsa, thats how much he cares about the welfare of the youth of Britain, its all a big con, like all political shite.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Trivia:  the guy that clumps Tommy outside the takeaway in the oft viewed youtube vid is an aqquintance of mine, as are two of the lads that were kicking off with Britain First in that vid where they were foot patrolling Luton.

Of course they were. I never doubted it for a second.

The truth is a lot of these ‘muslim gangs’ of Luton around Bury Park and that only became gangs because they used to band together and kick the shit out of the NF back in the day...then when all that shit dropped off they found themselves as a bunch of hardnuts in Luton with all this name and rep for being and they used it get into the drug trade, there’s really no religious correlation to anything they do, a more accurate description would be pakistani gangs.

Britain's far-right at one time used to consist of the absolute scion of the aristocracy: Mosley, Winchester College and Sandhurst; John Amery Harrow, son of a Conservative MP; the Mitford sisters. Then at some point our far-right switched. It went from being public schooled and stately homed and became all about larger louts and football riff-raff. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Britain's far-right at one time used to consist of the absolute scion of the aristocracy: Mosley, Winchester College and Sandhurst; John Amery Harrow, son of a Conservative MP; the Mitford sisters. Then at some point our far-right switched. It went from being public schooled and stately homed and became all about larger louts and football riff-raff. 

Moseley, for all his faults, was an extremely intelligent man.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Moseley, for all his faults, was an extremely intelligent man.

It is weird how it switched though.

I suppose the old far-right retreated into the deepest right-wing recesses of the Conservative Party, to a virtual nothingness in truth, the embarrassment of being on the ''evil side'' of the Second World War, whilst a new working class far-right sprung up from industrial towns, reflecting the changing racial and socio-economic factors of those areas. It was not as if there was a significant racial group in the Britain of Mosley's day to oppose (Irish maybe?); his fascism was more anti-communist/anti-democratic, imitation Mussolini. It was more pseudo-scientific pertaining to race.

It worries me a bit that jailing him has only increased his populist status ten fold and made a bit of a martyr of him.

I understand why it was done, he was told not to turn up at a trial again or be in contempt and he did so....back to prison. I think the authorities could have handled it better though, all the secrecy, fast tracking his case in a few hours and preventing his own lawyer from attending doesn't really sit very well and just adds to the idea he is some sort of political prisoner rather than a guy who violated the conditions of his suspended sentence.

Many people are already mistrustful of a system that allowed grooming gangs to operate for far too long and I think that's understandable, Robinson has successfully tapped into that to build a career as some sort of alternative news pundit/freedom warrior. Many years back I worked for Social Services (admin role) in the area that the trial defendants are from, my manager was a senior child protection officer and we had a conversation circa 2005 about asian grooming gangs targeting girls with a vulnerable background and the difficulty of getting anything done about it legally speaking. It's been known about for a long time.

I'm not defending the man at all but if proper attention had been paid to what was happening with these gangs we maybe could have avoided creating a populous figure such as TR in the first place.

• Like 3