Favorite GNR Concert

of course Prague 2006, because I was there and absolutely loved it! it was a steamroller with FOUR guitars (including Izzy) ;)

talking about other shows... really hard to say. there's probably one show for every song and it's not really possible to pick the "best" one. rather it's a patchwork of great performances from various shows that makes the whole picture complete.

• Like 1

Classic Era:

Music Machine, L.A., 09/13/1986

UYI Era:

Hippodrome de Vincennes, Paris, 06/06/1992

CD Era:

House of Blues, Las Vegas, 01/01/2001

Fleet Center, Boston, 12/02/2002

Hyundai Pavilion, San Bernardino, 09/23/2006

Kyocera Dome, Osaka, 12/16/2009

NITL Era:

Messe (Nord), Hanover, 06/22/2017

Apollo Theatre, NYC, 07/20/2017

Edited by Sosso

Classic line up era:  

The Ritz shows plus cbgbs acoustix show

UYI era:

paris 1992 (for me is one the great shows they ever did as a band)

Or

milton keynes bowl 93 as izzy filled in for gilby !!

Early chi dem era:

Hob 01/01/2001

Midish chi dem:

hammersmith apollo, london uk 2006

(crazy show it felt like a riot was about to erupt before they hit stage , never seen a iron curtain come down on stage before. Uncle axl didnt come on stage til 11pm and decided to come off stage gone 1:30am!!! the pryos were hot as hel during LALD, Crazy show and then to top it off while stranded in hammermith uncle axl drove past with a wave from his limo!!

Nitl era:

between cinninanti 2016 as adler played or london 1st night as i was there front row.!!  Or the longest show of the tour, was that the  last night at the forum? 

Great question by the way and So many shows to choose from and so many moments from diff shows and diff members. 🤘🎩🤘

• Like 1

AFD era- Ritz '88

UYI era

-Indiana '91

-Chicago '92

-Oklahoma '92

-Hartford '93

CD era

-RIR 3

-Boston 2002

-RAR 2006

-Tokyo 2009

-London 2012

NITL Era

-Chicago July 1, 2016 

-St. Louis 2017 

-Minneapolis 2017

-Milwaukee 2017

^I was at all 4 of those :)

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

Appetite line-up

Ritz 87’ and 88’

UYI

Paris 92’ (nothing else competes with this show in my eyes. The band was on point. Some of those performances are my favorites of those songs. Not to mention the special guests. Imagine if they had played Locomotive like was planned)

Not in this lifetime...

Foxboro 2016 (My first stadium show)

Apollo 2017

Of course it's the three shows that I attended, everybody knows that, lol.          1. Guns/Aerosmith. July 22nd, 1988 in         Cape Girardeau, Mo. at  the world              famous Show Me Center.                        2. Skid Row/Guns  July 2nd, 1991 in St.         Louis.  The infamous riot show.             3. Body Count/Metallica/Guns Sept.              17th, 1992 in Kansas City at                         Arrowhead stadium. I know it's kind         of heirasy to admit but I felt that               Metallica was the better band that           night.

My favorite show that I personally attended was the Austin, TX show on February 23, 1993.

Opening of the night Skin N' Bones tour.

25 years later, thinking about this gig sends chills down my spine.

The Saskatoon pro-shot refreshed memories I had forgotten from the Austin '93 gig.

The 2 Las Vegas 2016 show were fantastic as well!

The electricity generated by the anticipation on the first night (April 8th) was so thick, you could have used it to light up the entire Las Vegas strip...

• Like 2

• Hannover 2017 - It's just diffrent between visit a real concert or watch a video. The Heavy Rain, Angus Young, Axl speech alot, just great.. First time i saw Axl and Slash together.. Front Of Stage.. AWESOME
  • Tokyo '92 - first live material i watched from Guns N' Roses.. After recording few music videos on my VHS recorder, i recorded this full show on VHS and i watched this over and over.. It's just nostalgia.. still a great concert
  • Ritz '88 - I found this show on YouTube back in 2007. Internet was new to me and i discoverd YouTube and found clips from the Ritz Show. Thanks to SlashedDuff i had a great time to watch this show in 2007 with my headphones.. You know, Tokyo '92 is known for his quality and the Ritz Show is 100% Guns N' Roses, way better than Tokyo.. and that was the feeling i felt in 2007. 100% Guns N' Roses
  • Marquee '87 and other great bootlegs - thanks to the new internet, i searched for more good bootlegs on the web. I found Marquee. I was amazed of his voice. Perfect and the closest thing we can hear Axl's voice just like his voice on Appetite For Destruction, before his voice changed to more and sometimes painfull rasp
  • Saskatoon '93 - almost 10 years of collecting bootlegs and 600GB full of bootlegs and shit. We see a unseen full pro shot video of a Skin N' Bones show. I watched the gig with the headphones like back in the day i saw Ritz in 2007. Great feeling.

You see, the feeling is a big point. I never forget the Wall of Drums on the Intro of It's So Easy live at the Ritz after watching the dull Tokyo '92 show. Ritz '88 is absoluty my favourite GN'R Show

• Like 3

AFD- Fox late show

UYI- tough one, probably Paris 

CD era- Hammerstein ballroom

NITL- Philly 16’

Overall- Hammerstein ballroom. Been to 20 shows, old and new, for me nothing compares to the excitement of the first Hammerstein show in 06’ not even night one in Vegas. The crazy thing is all the excitement and it was just Axl. Too bad the reunion didn’t happen then. The world was ready for it, they could’ve still created new music and been relevant then. I’ve always thought of GNR at that time like Aerosmith in the mid 90’s. Classic band reaching their  commercial peak 20 years after their debut. In 06’, the gunners were still in their 40’s, just like Aerosmith was during get a grip. Oh my, what could’ve been! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It depends on what we are talking about, really.

If it's live recordings,  some my favorites are:

Marquee 1987, Paris 1992, Saskatoon 1993, Boston 2002, LA 2006, Burcharest 2010.

Of all the shows I went to, Toronto 2016 is my favorite because it was the first time i saw Axl, Slash and Duff on the same stage.

Hamilton 2010 for Axl's vocal ability.

My favourite bootleg changes a lot, but if I were to rank the shows I've been to I think it'd be this:

1. Calgary 2010
2. Vegas 2016 (April 8)
3. Seattle 2016
4. Vegas 2016 (April 9)
5. Vegas 2014 (June 6)
6. Seattle 2011 (w/ Duff opening & guesting on YCBM)
7. Gorge 2017
8. Vegas 2014 (June 7)
9. Vancouver 2011 (w/ Duff opening & guesting on 2 songs)
10. Vancouver 2017
11. Vegas 2012 (Nov 23) (w/ Izzy)
12. Vegas 2012 (Nov 24) (w/ Izzy)

The problem with this question is that the answers will be tend to be based on which concerts happened to be recorded with good audio and pro-shot rather than which were actually the best.

Ritz 88 is a case in point, most people will say that was a stand out show but the band thought it wasn't one of their best, what with having monitor problems etc on the night.

• Like 4

Haven't really thought about this, but here are some of the one's I continuously go back to.

Rock In Rio 2001

Leeds Festival 2002

Rock AM Ring 2006

Los Angeles 20/12/2006

Tokyo 19/12/2009

Philadelphia 2012

Vegas 09/04/2016

The show at the Apollo is a regular on my iPod, even it's only 8-10 songs.