Favorite GNR Concert

Just now, TheGeneral said:

The first rule you learn on here is that you can't like ANYTHING that happened after 1993, it's like a law :D 

LOL even if it features Slash and Duff? Ok, then! LMFAO

But I did say that Las Vegas 1992 was one of their best concerts. :bitchfight:

I think the most recent concerts are the best they’ve been instrumentally (the only exception could be Frank, I just like Matt more). The performances now are amazing until Axl sings. It’s understandable, he’s older now and doesn’t have the voice he used to. The pros and the cons really even out the performances in my eyes. Both are great in their own ways.

On 2018-05-29 at 4:46 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

My favourite bootleg changes a lot, but if I were to rank the shows I've been to I think it'd be this:

1. Calgary 2010
2. Vegas 2016 (April 8)
3. Seattle 2016
4. Vegas 2016 (April 9)
5. Vegas 2014 (June 6)
6. Seattle 2011 (w/ Duff opening & guesting on YCBM)
7. Gorge 2017
8. Vegas 2014 (June 7)
9. Vancouver 2011 (w/ Duff opening & guesting on 2 songs)
10. Vancouver 2017
11. Vegas 2012 (Nov 23) (w/ Izzy)
12. Vegas 2012 (Nov 24) (w/ Izzy)

I’m from Calgary and went to the 2010 show, not many recording of it aside from what I posted on YouTube, and not a lot of hype about it but IMO was THE best show of 2010, Axl’s voice was in absolute prime condition , better than at any other show that year IMO and there was something going on in his life i suspect that made him extremely emotionally invested that night. It was magical

2 minutes ago, jordaan1 said:

I’m from Calgary and went to the 2010 show, not many recording of it aside from what I posted on YouTube, and not a lot of hype about it but IMO was THE best show of 2010, Axl’s voice was in absolute prime condition , better than at any other show that year IMO and there was something going on in his life i suspect that made him extremely emotionally invested that night. It was magical

Didn't he mention during KOHD that one of his dogs had died recently? I remember him dedicating that song to his dog, someone else, and then eventually 'everyone but Tiger Woods' lol. But yea, that show was something else... IRS, Better and Shacklers stick out in my memory as the highlights. And of course 'Fake Bubbles vs Bubbles' :lol:

Going to Florence for my 21st show. Best thus far was Vegas New Years Day January 2001 (Jan 1 as started at 4:30AM, 5:30 AM home time (Calgary)). House of Blues in Mandalay Bay.

Awesome due to the anticipation and venue - I think the first show from Axl in 6 years. Nobody had seen him in forever and nobody had any idea what to expect. Finck and Bucket were outrageous and Axl killed it. Best sound of any show ever.

Edited by richardbc
Typo
  • GNFNR 1

I've said it before, but i've been to many concerts, by many different bands, and NOTHING has ever topped or really approached Chicago on April 9, 1992.  The show is immortalized on Youtube for all to see.  The vibe was perfect/dangerous, the band sounded on at every turn and Axl has rarely spoken that much about that sensitive of topics ever.

Shannon Hoon performed Don't Cry, they played Coma, the show was epic in every single way.

Nothing has come close, though of the recent shows, St Louis last summer (2017) was very good, but its like comparing apples to oranges.