Roseanne Barr

Roseanne Barr made a tweet on Monday and because of it her show "Roseanne" was cancelled by ABC.

I don't understand anyone who posts online with something racist or bad about someone. You know in today's world you will be called on it. Now one of the best shows on tv is cancelled.

Of course, Roseanne apologized, but it's too little too late now.

Everything you say and do today has to be politically correct. I didn't think it was that bad, but I guess people complained. You have to be aware that what you say might hurt someone's feelings and that's not right.

Sorry to see this show go.

Well, that didn't take long. No surprise. What a fucking looser Roseanne is! And her show was what this era of Conservative and right winger put forward as the way to model healthy dialogue in these divided times. LOL.

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Social media will seriously be the downfall of civilization.

I agree with you and I'm not kidding. It's getting to be where people don't speak face to face with anyone but on a phone or computer.

One day man won't be able to communicate without some device in their hands. lol

It's very sad. I've been out to eat and all I see is everyone at the dinner table on their phones and not talking to each other. I don't think that's a good thing.

Cue the outrage segments from Fox furiously lamenting the destruction of free speech. They’ll play so well alongside their NFL protest coverage. 

I suspect Goodman and Metcalf’s reps made it clear they were walking before the plug was pulled. ABC didn’t cancel a hit show solely on moral grounds or for political reasons (which will be the Fox narrative). 

I really don’t know how to feel about Roseanne. She’s awful, obviously. But also clearly suffers from mental illness (IIRC she was very open about that in her heyday). 

Edited by Angelica

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Everything you say and do today has to be politically correct. 

Her comments weren’t ‘politically incorrect’ they were racist and libelous (re her tweet about George Soros). Free speech doesn’t mean speech without consequence and this isn’t an example of political correctness run amok.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Angelica said:

Her comments weren’t ‘politically incorrect’ they were racist and libelous (re her tweet about George Soros). Free speech doesn’t mean speech without consequence and this isn’t an example of political correctness run amok.

This. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

This. 

...it’s also not the equivalent of Maher, Sykes or anyone else calling Trump an orangutan, you willful simpletons (not directed at anyone in this thread). 😂

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

She done fucked up. Feel bad for the rest of the cast and crew.

I only feel bad for John Goodman. I love the guy.

But the problem is that From POTUS to celebrities in general (Including our band members... and managers :rolleyes:) Need to hire P.R. people to either run their social media. Or allow the P.R. people to be their advisers in order to avoid embarrassing situations. Why is that so hard to understand for them? This is not the first there is an controversy because some celebrity fucked it up on twitter.

28 minutes ago, Angelica said:

...it’s also not the equivalent of Maher, Sykes or anyone else calling Trump an orangutan, you willful simpletons (not directed at anyone in this thread). 😂

The difference is that Maher and Sykes are comedians while Rosanne was tweeting an old racist joke. 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

3 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

The difference is that Maher and Sykes are comedians while Rosanne was tweeting an old racist joke. 

And there’s zero racial connotations in the orangutan stuff. It’s just mean, if not accurate.

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

I only feel bad for John Goodman. I love the guy.

But the problem is that From POTUS to celebrities in general (Including our band members... and managers :rolleyes:) Need to hire P.R. people to either run their social media. Or allow the P.R. people to be their advisers in order to avoid embarrassing situations. Why is that so hard to understand for them? This is not the first there is an controversy because some celebrity fucked it up on twitter.

She’s mentally ill. I’d guess the tweets were the result of being either over or under medicated. Or she seriously overestimated her standing with ABC while playing to the MAGA loons. Or both. 

8 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

No difference. Bill Maher previous show Politically Incorrect got cancelled. Because of incensitive comments he made right after 9/11 attacks. But I don't expect Fox News to show any support for him 

1 minute ago, Angelica said:

She’s mentally ill. I’d guess the tweets were the result of being either over or under medicated. Or she seriously overestimated her standing with ABC while playing to the MAGA loons. Or both. 

That makes it even worst! Her manager or entourage should've never allowed her to use twitter without the advice of a P.R. person

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

No difference. Bill Maher previous show Politically Incorrect got cancelled. Because of incensitive comments he made right after 9/11 attacks. But I don't expect Fox News to show any support for him 

Thats certainly true, however what was being referenced is that some are trying to draw an equivalency between Maher comparing Trump to an orangutan (and not being fired for it) and what Roseanne tweeted. One of these things is not like the other. At all. 

(Now some nitwit is trying to defend her on Don Lemmon’s show by dragging Jay Z and Eminem’s lyrics into it..) 😂

Edited by Angelica

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Thats certainly true, however what was being referenced is that some are trying to draw an equivalency between Maher comparing Trump to an orangutan (and not being fired for it) and what Roseanne tweeted. One of these things is not like the other. At all. 

(Now some nitwit is trying to defend her on Don Lemmon’s show by dragging Jay Z and Eminem’s lyrics into it..) 😂

I understand that. But Bill Maher was also "fired" for his comments on T.V. in 2001. I don't remember many people pulling their hairs out. Claiming the cancellation of Politically Incorrect was against freedom of speech. And Eminem also took many hits when he wrote a song about gays. But in the case of rappers I think they want controversy. They are fullly awared. They want to accomplish controversy and publicity. And they are more than happy with it. I don't think this was the case with Roseanne.

I think there is a difference between someone who is just after publicity. And someone who really means it

I don't think Roseanne is a racist. That episode with the Muslim neighbours they did in this season of Roseanne was very well made and I don't think she would have a black granddaughter in the show if she really was a racist. 

That being said, it was a racist joke and very stupid, and it's sad that they all have to pay the price because of one very ignorant tweet.

She went on a pretty defensive tweet storm over night and into the morning. I breezed over it, but nothing I saw was overly offensive this time around. I did see her shit on the guy who plays DJ though. Thought that was a little funny. I'm guessing she chose to respond to him instead of Sara Gilbert since he's the easier target with less clout lol.

So far, from what I've seen her two lines of defense are "I took Ambien" and "I didn't know VJ was black".

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

She went on a pretty defensive tweet storm over night and into the morning. I breezed over it, but nothing I saw was overly offensive this time around. I did see her shit on the guy who plays DJ though. Thought that was a little funny. I'm guessing she chose to respond to him instead of Sara Gilbert since he's the easier target with less clout lol.

So far, from what I've seen her two lines of defense are "I took Ambien" and "I didn't know VJ was black".

And the Ambien makers issue a statement saying "racism is not an Ambien side effect" :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I did see her shit on the guy who plays DJ though. Thought that was a little funny. I'm guessing she chose to respond to him instead of Sara Gilbert since he's the easier target with less clout lol.

She also responded to Sara Gilbert's tweet.

Still... I can't believe she is responding to them through twitter, that's beyond childish.