11/08/18 - Jakarta, Indonesia

alfierose

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Haha. Gotta love Melissa there.... Axl doesn't sing second verse.....looks confused.....looks confused.....looks confused...."must maintain rocker stance..." :lol:

Oh wow. First thing I listend to from Jakarta. That was painful. Wow. Like really painful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

it looks less from kat and fernando's IG stories. Even Slash tweeted this:

Tbh, the ticket price is the major problem. I saw a lot of younger people actually wanted to come but they don't have money to buy the ticket. Some of them are lucky to won competition for free tickets but they got the green zone, which is the upper seat area, the cheapest ticket. If I looked at it yesterday, it was the most packed zone and full of excited fans. They even did a bit of chanting before the show start and along with those in the standing zone, actually the ones who sang the loudest.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Either way, this is my first GNR concert and stadium rock concert. I felt goosebumps watching them even when I know Axl was terrible last night. My zone is lame, I was head banging and swaying and they all just still.

I kinda glad though he wasn't mickey a lot in Better. A bit sad that he looked like struggled in Coma, a bit cringe in This I Love. A lot of people apparently don't know Coma, they used it for toilet break wtf. Some songs that he mickey a lot actually saved by a lot of people sang with him so you don't hear the mickey a lot.

I really love the part when we all sang Patience and Don't Cry in the encore. I wish they erased The Seeker because it toned down the hype before Paradise City.

Glad you had fun regardless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Either way, this is my first GNR concert and stadium rock concert. I felt goosebumps watching them even when I know Axl was terrible last night. My zone is lame, I was head banging and swaying and they all just still.

I kinda glad though he wasn't mickey a lot in Better. A bit sad that he looked like struggled in Coma, a bit cringe in This I Love. A lot of people apparently don't know Coma, they used it for toilet break wtf. Some songs that he mickey a lot actually saved by a lot of people sang with him so you don't hear the mickey a lot.

I really love the part when we all sang Patience and Don't Cry in the encore. I wish they erased The Seeker because it toned down the hype before Paradise City.

Great man...how many people was there?

8 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

I get the frustration about the setlist, but those People haven't been able to see them on this tour yet. And they have to bring the show that comes with the current tour I guess. I mean a few changes happend since 2016 but the most is the set they live by

I'm sorry, but the fact that 99% of the people who paid for tickets have not yet seen this show is irrelevant. They need to shape the setlist thinking of those who do not go to the shows, those who watch the shows for free over the internet, over the years. Simple like that!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, tifalucis said:

no, it's not numbered.

That's odd. I saw one that was numbered (out of 200) in pencil online. Is yours really not numbered? It has happened before that some were numbered and others weren't, just asking.

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It's weird seeing Izzy and Steven's skulls on a shirt that includes NITL dates that neither of them have any part of. It's like the Izzy and Steven skulls are just mere "symbols" now, more than anything. Almost like the band treats the AFD lineup like some sort of "myth," if that makes sense.

It's merely a marketing strategy. AFD imagery sells, while the current lineup wouldn't sell one hat if they were printed in this merch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tifalucis said:

It's always different when you are there and more so when it's a rare opportunity as a fan. A lot of fans have been able to attend many shows spanning decades so it's understandable that they compare but if like me you've lacked the ability to travel around it's still a big deal to see the 3 of them back onstage together. I saw AXL/DC and GNR about a year apart, AC/DC was the superior show vocally speaking but seeing Axl, Slash and Duff together was a bigger thrill regardless of imperfections.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Tbh, the ticket price is the major problem. I saw a lot of younger people actually wanted to come but they don't have money to buy the ticket. 

As well as they did in the states, I know A LOT of people that couldn't go because of the ticket prices.. sucks.. Hell if they were reasonable I would have bought tickets for people. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Listened to this probably 4-5 times since last night and I haven't done that with a post 2016 video as of yet. I think It must be the crowd participation that makes It special. GREAT crowd.

Wow! :o

This is how it should be done when Axl struggles vocally - the fans take over.

Axl seems to be irritated at least, perhaps just moved by the crowd.

Not up there with AC/DC River Plate but hey...THIS is what every GNR show should be like.

Now I undertsand why GNR play in Jakarta - those people are awesome.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 4