11/14/18 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Surf Beach Sunway Lagoon

alfierose

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nice ending on patience!

Yeah, he was struggling with that voice earlier this year. He seemed to recover faster than usual from the first gig (not that he sounds great now, but he did evolve). Maybe he's been doing something or there's something in the works with AC/DC

Gotta say I was pretty bored with everything at this point and just waiting for whatever new thing to surface, but watching some of these videos and some stuff from this summer days ago also, I hope somebody else noticed cause is difficult for me to explain what I mean but let's just say that here Axl doesn't seem on autopilot anymore, like basically most of the 2017 run. Don't get me wrong there's no stellar whole performance without glitches and shit, but I can clearly here way more control in his voice, his mood is real good and you can see he is more confident also in the way he moves. I first noticed this with the amazing control he has now in the lower range in songs like nightrain is evident for some time now even better than 2016. It's hard to explain but I think the english word is vowel, you can see the way he now manages confidently how he pronunces certain words and that changes the control you have on the notes, the raspy or clean tone you wanna use. I really hope somebody else can see this cause I don't know how to make myself clear about it, but these videos in the thread with a lot of hi resolution axl close ups helped me see better the open vowels and closed ones... So in conclusion without sounding too crazy I hope, I am happy to see that something is up, either he is simply in a good mood lately so he puts more effort and conciousness in the performances, leading to the confidence also, or he is training a bit with a coach and feeling some results leading to a better mood and more confidence, no idea but even here that we can all hear his voice crack or being stressed in the raspy high range I was happy and surprised to see and here some kind of difference and improvement. Might this mean that something is up in the near future? probably not, I don't know, one can hope

22 minutes ago, Don-t_damn_me said:

Gotta say I was pretty bored with everything at this point and just waiting for whatever new thing to surface, but watching some of these videos and some stuff from this summer days ago also, I hope somebody else noticed cause is difficult for me to explain what I mean but let's just say that here Axl doesn't seem on autopilot anymore, like basically most of the 2017 run. Don't get me wrong there's no stellar whole performance without glitches and shit, but I can clearly here way more control in his voice, his mood is real good and you can see he is more confident also in the way he moves. I first noticed this with the amazing control he has now in the lower range in songs like nightrain is evident for some time now even better than 2016. It's hard to explain but I think the english word is vowel, you can see the way he now manages confidently how he pronunces certain words and that changes the control you have on the notes, the raspy or clean tone you wanna use. I really hope somebody else can see this cause I don't know how to make myself clear about it, but these videos in the thread with a lot of hi resolution axl close ups helped me see better the open vowels and closed ones... So in conclusion without sounding too crazy I hope, I am happy to see that something is up, either he is simply in a good mood lately so he puts more effort and conciousness in the performances, leading to the confidence also, or he is training a bit with a coach and feeling some results leading to a better mood and more confidence, no idea but even here that we can all hear his voice crack or being stressed in the raspy high range I was happy and surprised to see and here some kind of difference and improvement. Might this mean that something is up in the near future? probably not, I don't know, one can hope

Yeah I see your point. I agree that Axl seems in a better mood this year than last year or maybe even 2016. Don't know why but he just seems more into the shows now.

43 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

Yeah I see your point. I agree that Axl seems in a better mood this year than last year or maybe even 2016. Don't know why but he just seems more into the shows now.

Probably because he knows that the tour is ending soon and he can then return to Malibu and get back to doing fuck all.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Endless2404 said:

I am telling you though, I was at the San Antonio show last year in 9/2017 and he was in a fucking fantastic mood!!!!! He was smiling, waving like crazy at all the fans to the side, super happy and not just that- the guy didn't want to leave. Seriously! He told us to call home cause we were gonna be late. Ended up doing a 6 song encore. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

DC and PC sounds like most of the other shows from 17-18.

Nightrain. Something is wrong. It sounds better than from the first shows but its an odd voice Axl use through the song. I cant describe it but it doesn't sound right...

May I suggest it is a slight tweak to his technique that he is using on certain songs ATM and will eventually use it for all oft the songs later, done to improve for the next GNR album to be released 2019/2020/2021/idk. One can dream ;-) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

DC and PC sounds like most of the other shows from 17-18.

Nightrain. Something is wrong. It sounds better than from the first shows but its an odd voice Axl use through the song. I cant describe it but it doesn't sound right...

It sounds more like the affected voice he uses pretty much only for Chinese, a way to do raspy sounding vocals without pushing his voice at all to do so.