11/14/18 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Surf Beach Sunway Lagoon

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Stro said:

It sounds more like the affected voice he uses pretty much only for Chinese, a way to do raspy sounding vocals without pushing his voice at all to do so.

All we needed to know was that Out ta Get Me was removed from the set due to the strain on Axl's vocals. Once we knew that it is no surprise that nightrain would need to be reworked vocally to avoid the same fate. He can't push those AFD vocals anymore which is strange considering in 2016 he was nailing nearly all AFD songs in the set except for SCOM and PC 

As others have said, there definitely is something peculiar about the way Axl's pronouncing things.. he really seems to be concentrating on proper vowel shapes, etc. Looks like he has spoken to his vocal coach maybe?

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Well, we've already got one 'not in this lifetime' out of the way... maybe lightning will strike twice.

It’s the banner we roll under. The answer to all questions. Have you got the t shirt? Premium fabrics, sizes for all, durable. Made to last a...

Edited by wasted
  • Haha 1

i read in this post that he has more control on his voice or whatever, but when i see this videos i don't know, he's struggles more and more with the breathing and the range, etc...and it's been going downhill since SA 2016, with no sign of improvement...

Edited by Gem Archer

3 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

i read in this post that he has more control on his voice or whatever, but when i see this videos i don't know, he's struggles more and more with the breathing and the range, etc...and it's been going downhill since SA 2016, with no sign of improvement...

Those videos are so hard to watch. Makes me sad to see what age and, perhaps, bad lifestyle choices can do to physical ability. I couldn’t bear to listen to a bootleg of these shows on headphones  

Unless, Axl can turn it around, he should hang it up and begin to monetize the vault - he’ll make enough money in perpetuity and reward the fans who have stuck by him all these years. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Don-t_damn_me said:

Gotta say I was pretty bored with everything at this point and just waiting for whatever new thing to surface, but watching some of these videos and some stuff from this summer days ago also, I hope somebody else noticed cause is difficult for me to explain what I mean but let's just say that here Axl doesn't seem on autopilot anymore, like basically most of the 2017 run. Don't get me wrong there's no stellar whole performance without glitches and shit, but I can clearly here way more control in his voice, his mood is real good and you can see he is more confident also in the way he moves. I first noticed this with the amazing control he has now in the lower range in songs like nightrain is evident for some time now even better than 2016. It's hard to explain but I think the english word is vowel, you can see the way he now manages confidently how he pronunces certain words and that changes the control you have on the notes, the raspy or clean tone you wanna use. I really hope somebody else can see this cause I don't know how to make myself clear about it, but these videos in the thread with a lot of hi resolution axl close ups helped me see better the open vowels and closed ones... So in conclusion without sounding too crazy I hope, I am happy to see that something is up, either he is simply in a good mood lately so he puts more effort and conciousness in the performances, leading to the confidence also, or he is training a bit with a coach and feeling some results leading to a better mood and more confidence, no idea but even here that we can all hear his voice crack or being stressed in the raspy high range I was happy and surprised to see and here some kind of difference and improvement. Might this mean that something is up in the near future? probably not, I don't know, one can hope

I get what your saying man and yeah i tend to agree!! He does seem more into it amd less aut pilot. Can be easy to go AP i guess when you play 80 shows though....fucking loved this gig tho from the vids

17 minutes ago, Requiem16 said:

Guys! No need to wait for an improvement! He`s 56! And he damaged his voice many times including singing not in a comfort zone of his voice! He can make exersices with his voice, breath, but his cords are damaged! That`s it.

All fair points which should make them all take a better look at the ticket prices and the abolishment of those ludicrous golden circle tickets.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Before the reunion I was really hoping for Axl to realize this.. He looks and sounds like crap.  You can't help aging but taking care of yourself can't hurt..  If he took care of himself it would absolutely have a positive affect on his performance.  I would never expect him to sound like he did in the old days but for the money he is making he should be delivering a much better product to the fans.  Spend a couple hours a day focusing on your health and craft like it is work.. Do a couple rehearsal shows prior to opening nights of tours instead of using the live shows as practice. Show some passion.

"Show some passion"- exactly.  Not sure why he's even still agreeing to tour...he doesn't seem into it.  Where as he was in the earlier legs.  Yes he's 56, but he still should/could have a good 5-7 years left.  Is his voice really shot or is he just out of shape/being lazy I wonder? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Before the reunion I was really hoping for Axl to realize this.. He looks and sounds like crap.  You can't help aging but taking care of yourself can't hurt..  If he took care of himself it would absolutely have a positive affect on his performance.  I would never expect him to sound like he did in the old days but for the money he is making he should be delivering a much better product to the fans.  Spend a couple hours a day focusing on your health and craft like it is work.. Do a couple rehearsal shows prior to opening nights of tours instead of using the live shows as practice. Show some passion.

When i see the video of how fit axl looked in 06 on stage, and when singing he sounded different, his breathing was effortless and just  owned the stage. He sounded like he had a point to prove. Agree with you that axl could be hitting the gym with duff and maybe getting fit and maybe looking more athletic like his early 90s days. Age has caught upto him in a major way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i see the video of how fit axl looked in 06 on stage, and when singing he sounded different, his breathing was effortless and just  owned the stage. He sounded like he had a point to prove. Agree with you that axl could be hitting the gym with duff and maybe getting fit and maybe looking more athletic like his early 90s days. Age has caught upto him in a major way.

But 2006 is 12 years ago.

yea, although I agree. I feel like Axl isn’t even try enough to be fit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

But 2006 is 12 years ago.

yea, although I agree. I feel like Axl isn’t even try enough to be fit.

Have you been to a show?. 

The one I went to I was close enough to see the sweat pouring off the man. 

They say 30mins of exercise even a brisk walk is beneficial to your health and cardiovascular system. 

The man is on stage for 3 hours, 

He is fit enough as I am sure you and I could not do what he does. 

May I suggest getting on a treadmill in a very humid environment for 3 hours, and give it a try yourself.

Edited by kiwiguns