11/25/18 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Du Arena

alfierose

On 11/26/2018 at 9:04 AM, Liva said:

he was obviously feeling like shit, but he was moving around and that probably helped him subside or ignore the nausea.  Once he sat down to play NR, the nausea prob set in again and he couldn't recover from it. In hindsight he probably would say to skip NR or have dizzy play piano so he could keep moving.  Look at the 3:48 mark here, during the break before the ending section.  Axl puts both hands on his knees and u can tell he is fighting back puking or some sort of nausea.  He did his best, probably planned to play the whole show, had that sitting down moment and all went to hell, think we need to give the guy a break.  Axl was clearly with doctors getting IV's so other than the optics, fernando couldnt really have done anything different to help Axl.  If anyone has been hungover or naseous, you want to sit in silence hoping you feel better, you dont want someone yapping in your ear every 15 minutes.  "Axl do you feel better".  They didnt cancel and who knows, Axl might give them a 4 hour show next time around to make up for it. 

not to break subjects but at the 3:48 mark WTF song did Frank think he was playing.  how to hack up an easy clean song kids, listen and learn here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well kudos to Axl for trying to do a show when he was very sick. I guess the concert couldn't be re-scheduled.

I'm ashamed of some fans for bitching about the short show when Axl admitted that he was ill. Could you do it if you were ill?

I know it sucks, but at least Axl told the fans he wasn't feeling well. He could have just cancelled and said fuck it, but he tried.

Shit happens and people get sick. it sucks, but nothing you can do about it.

Get well Axl!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well kudos to Axl for trying to do a show when he was very sick. I guess the concert couldn't be re-scheduled.

I'm ashamed of some fans for bitching about the short show when Axl admitted that he was ill. Could you do it if you were ill?

I know it sucks, but at least Axl told the fans he wasn't feeling well. He could have just cancelled and said fuck it, but he tried.

Shit happens and people get sick. it sucks, but nothing you can do about it.

Get well Axl!

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

It would have been cool if the band came out to do paradise city and had duff sing as the encore.  That would have put good will towards the situation but truthfully anyone complaining is an idiot.  Looks like it was a great show despite unfortunate circumstances.

I wonder if Duff could pull off PC vocally, would definitely be interesting. Maybe punk it up a bit.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

I don’t get it. What did he do wrong?

the bridge is a simple paradiddle on the drums and frank doesn't play one roll the same, its a horrific/confusing build up for the explosive chorus ending of NR. I bet is he listen to it he would re think his changes. 

I was there at the concert. Couldn't really tell if Axl was sick until he told us. The other band members were definitely firing in all cylinders. I was surprised by Duff's vocals in Attitude. He was really amazing. Axl kept his movements to minimal and only tried running around once if I remember correctly during Double Talkin Jive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

It would have been cool if the band came out to do paradise city and had duff sing as the encore.  That would have put good will towards the situation but truthfully anyone complaining is an idiot.  Looks like it was a great show despite unfortunate circumstances.

Jup!

The setlist as it was, is nothing to be ashamed about (people got Jungle, Sweet Child and NR) and an 'epic' ending with Duff singing PC and explaining Axl's sickness would've send everybody home happy. 

Hard to complain when the singer is sick, especially as they couldn't reschedule the F1-show. 

• Like 1

On 25.11.2018 at 8:24 PM, ChrisMaciel said:

On 25.11.2018 at 8:24 PM, Sanomatovic said:

How stupid do you have to be to nag and leave a show because they havent played some songs when the show isnt even over? Geez

Especially considering they are doing the same show since 3 years now and there is zero surprise on how the show will play out.

On 26/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

This case is very interesting for my work.

In line with my current evaluative understanding; that the Axl is a contrarian law unto himself paradox; I propose that the doctor told him to rest, so he played.

Seriously, I think it shows that Axl and Guns want the best for the fans, and doing a normal length concert for most bands under the circumstances, was fantastic.

Seriously with some psychological profiling from reading the others' autobiographies, there were times Axl just didn't turn up for concerts, or didn't turn up until very late, and I think that was probably because he felt that he 'had' to play. If people had told him not to play, he'd probably have made sure he did!!

Every single day i repeat to myself: "no", but there's plenty of evidence everywhere: Axl is, indeed, argentinian.

Southamericans will be laughing loud now but, for everyone else, we, the argentinians, use to do EVERYTHING backwards. And then, when someone tell us "that's the way!" we just turn and go against everything. "If people had told him not to play, he'd probably have made sure he did!!", well, that's what any argentinian would do!!!

:lol::lol::wacko:

(Yes, we're so fucked up...)

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Are there some SOYL footages from Abu Dhabi? Can’t find even a single one. As YCBM, Civil War and some other difficult songs were dropped maybe here’s the same case and there’s a mistake in overall setlist? 

Haven't found any yet. There was a good video of a few songs from the concert but as I was in the middle of watching it, it was removed "due to a legal complaint". This is getting ridiculous.

• Sad 1