11/25/18 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Du Arena

alfierose

I can’t believe the amount of people at the show moaning about it. Axl said he was ill but still put on 2 hour show. I wonder what these people will think the next time they go to a gig and get a 2 hour show that’s the full set with no members sick.  They should just have been thankful they got a show and still got to see Axl and Slash together again in the flesh after 25 years. 

Edited by Gold top 78

Full respect to Axl, shit happens, but probably they could handle the situation a little better - to drop SOYL and Slither, with Duff taking one more spot and to play Paradise City after NR with no encore. Suppose many fans would be pissed off takin the fact, that tickets were available only with pricey F1 entrees.  

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone who has performed on stage knows how much energy you need to put on a good show and how much it wears you down, even more so when you're a singer. Huge props to Axl for playing a 2 hour show under those circumstances.

singing for 2 hours after puking for 5 hours, finishing the Troubadour show after breaking his foot, and then carrying on with the tour on the Grohl chair... kudos. Sick show. Can't fuck up a tour this huge. I respect this level of commitment. he could have easily cancelled like a bitch.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Full respect to Axl, shit happens, but probably they could handle the situation a little better - to drop SOYL and Slither, with Duff taking one more spot and to play Paradise City after NR with no encore. Suppose many fans would be pissed off takin the fact, that tickets were available only with pricey F1 entrees.  

Yeah, but I don’t think it was planned to finish after November rain. Something went bad during the song. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LadyMarian said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.. None of those entitled Twitter whiners deserved any of the efforts Axl made today. :max: I bet most artists would have never even made it to the stage in a similar condition. Next time go see a 1.5 hr pop show, maybe they’ll do an encore with a baby-baby love song. 

Props to Duff for the immediate Tweet and Slash for doing one now too.

Hope Axl is back to the doctors already and getting all the treatment he needs.

Get well soon!!! :headbang:

Out of likes, true words