Your Top Most Vicious RNR moment from GNR (studio song, live performance, etc)

It' right there in the title. Bottom line - what's the top moment for you that is just pure vicious rock n roll for GNR. Could be anything at all related to them. And maybe vicious isn' the rigbt word but hopefully you all get what I mean

For me, one of them (there's a few) is the first 10 (20?) seconds of "Right Next Door to Hell". The song is merely ok to me but that's besides the point - that music opening before Axl jumps in s so fucking awesome and so badass.  

Anyone else?

38 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

It' right there in the title. Bottom line - what's the top moment for you that is just pure vicious rock n roll for GNR. Could be anything at all related to them. And maybe vicious isn' the rigbt word but hopefully you all get what I mean

For me, one of them (there's a few) is the first 10 (20?) seconds of "Right Next Door to Hell". The song is merely ok to me but that's besides the point - that music opening before Axl jumps in s so fucking awesome and so badass.  

Anyone else?

• Like 2

I don't know about vicious, but my favorite GnR moment was (in Cincinnati) Axl saying "you might know this guy, ladies and gentlemen Mr. Steven Adler" and Adler came out and played w the guys for the first time in 20+ years. Man was that a cool experience to see in person.

• Like 2

Perfect Crime certainly came to mind as soon as I saw the thread title!

Reckless Life. All of them are ripping! Izzys' incredible riff, that Slash doubles and compliments, is just so bad ass! Slashs solo. Axls vocal performance. Adlers' high hat in the verses and final climaxing chorus is like a clanging pot, bouncing around the back of a two-horse wagon thats running from the law. And then Duff puts it over the top with his bass lines in the chorus! Especially the climaxing one at end, but in the first chorus (1:47) he plays the coolest line from 1:53-56!! Where he pushes forward against the beat, hinting at the climax to come but on this first pass, he just casually drops out with a too-cool-for-school descending slide.

Plus it has Slash telling us fuckers to suck on Guns and fucking Roses, as the bands official recorded greeting to the world!!

• Like 3

I'm most of all a fan of the old band, but in 2002 I thought Axl was finished, his voice wasn't there, he couldn't hit the rasp and it seemed like the new band was just a failed temporary attempt of keeping himself going. I thought he was literally finished as a musician, and I had accepted it and kept myself following GNR just for the nostalgia, but then I went to study in the US, and on my first year there, I went to 4 of the warm up shows in NY, and Axl kicked my ass! and 1 day later I got to hear the studio version of Better (the demo that had leaked before the show). I was really happy for Axl and seeing him live in such good spirits, made me think that he was gonna kick my ass time and time again for doubting his talent. It was amazing! His voice was very close to his Appetite days.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2