Guns N' Roses | SLITHER first time ever played with Axl Rose on vocals!!! (Multicam-Remastered Audio) Germany 2018
Audio: Remastered by Fernomenoyde
ALL THE CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS: 
Dean Johannes Reynolds, Anne Frederiksen
Filip Tomić, Silber7.
Multicam edit by Fernomenoyde

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

Guns N' Roses | SLITHER first time ever played with Axl Rose on vocals!!! (Multicam-Remastered Audio) Germany 2018
Audio: Remastered by Fernomenoyde
ALL THE CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS: 
Dean Johannes Reynolds, Anne Frederiksen
Filip Tomić, Silber7.
Multicam edit by Fernomenoyde

Nice job.. This was much better than some people gave it credit for.  I love the way Axl does the chorus. Can't wait to see it after a couple more tries and when Axl is feeling a little better.  Anyone know what he says right after?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nice job.. This was much better than some people gave it credit for.  I love the way Axl does the chorus. Can't wait to see it after a couple more tries and when Axl is feeling a little better.  Anyone know what he says right after?

"That was interesting" is my best guess

• Like 2

I like it, and I think Axl sounded pretty good, and will probably get better over time.

My only complaints are with song structure and Axl (but not his vocals persay). When Scott wrote the lyrics, he definitely gave them more of a grungeish style. Which isn't bad, it's just different, and you can hear the difference when you hear Axl sing them. The song doesn't have any typical rock "howl" type moments, instead it has the "hey" type stuff. Plus the final notes on a verse or chorus don't ring out, they just end. Which again is VERY different from what a Guns n Roses song would do. Again, it's not bad, just different. So in the end, it ends up sounding like Axl doing a Weiland cover instead of Axl being Axl.  

Honestly with THIS song, I would prefer if Axl kinda rewrote the lyrical phrasings a bit (Not the lyrics, just the phrasing). Put more of an Axl spin on it, like what Slash does with the CD songs. I would like him to get rid of the "heys" and add a howl.  I just think the song would sound BETTER with a more Guns n Roses feel and less of a VR feel. It's a great song, but IMO it needs tweaking to sound more gnrish.  Maybe thats why it hasn't been played until now. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I like it, and I think Axl sounded pretty good, and will probably get better over time.

My only complaints are with song structure and Axl (but not his vocals persay). When Scott wrote the lyrics, he definitely gave them more of a grungeish style. Which isn't bad, it's just different, and you can hear the difference when you hear Axl sing them. The song doesn't have any typical rock "howl" type moments, instead it has the "hey" type stuff. Plus the final notes on a verse or chorus don't ring out, they just end. Which again is VERY different from what a Guns n Roses song would do. Again, it's not bad, just different. So in the end, it ends up sounding like Axl doing a Weiland cover instead of Axl being Axl.  

Honestly with THIS song, I would prefer if Axl kinda rewrote the lyrical phrasings a bit (Not the lyrics, just the phrasing). Put more of an Axl spin on it, like what Slash does with the CD songs. I would like him to get rid of the "heys" and add a howl.  I just think the song would sound BETTER with a more Guns n Roses feel and less of a VR feel. It's a great song, but IMO it needs tweaking to sound more gnrish.  Maybe thats why it hasn't been played until now. :shrugs:

I think he should try a "Down on the farm" approach

I also think the performance of that song got better date by date. While Gelsenkirchen was OK (for me), I thought Bordeaux (post above) was better and Nijmegen even more, probably because of the 3rd verse and chorus? The Nijmegen video is sometimes shaky, still very enjoyable.

Sure this has already been mentioned many, many times on this board but just imagine Axl of 2006-2010 singing Slither or FTP :drool:

• Like 2