GNR to play Johannesburg, South Africa on 29th of November

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Central America is a part of North America.  It is not a continent of it's own.  

in north america people say that Mexico is south america, in south america people say that Mexico is north america... different views... to me central america will always be another continent... thats how I learned in school

2 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

in north america people say that Mexico is south america, in south america people say that Mexico is north america... different views... to me central america will always be another continent... thats how I learned in school

No one in North America says Mexico is in South America lol. We all know where it is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I always see people from North America saying that

This is really dumb. Mexico as part of North and Latin America is right, but nowhere in the world Mexico is Central or South America.

Searching on wikipedia, Central America is not even a thing anymore, CA is part of NA too, dont know if they are eally teaching this in schools, but its easy to see why some people woudnt like or accept this, if they think Mexico alone isnt worth of NA "greatness".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

Then your teachers taught you wrong. Central America is not a continent. And I've never heard anybody in the states say that Mexico is South America.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HellfireBetty said:

Johannesburg South Africa, my home, is not really exotic. It’s a city like any other on the planet. 

Oh I see, sorry, I just don't know much about the city. It is exotic to me though because it's located in a continent that I had never visited but always curious about it.

But I know what you mean!

Edited by fernandoGNR

11 hours ago, fernandoGNR said:

Oh I see, sorry, I just don't know much about the city. It is exotic to me though because it's located in a continent that I had never visited but always curious about it.

But I know what you mean!

I guess it is for you :D Lots of people who don't know much about South Arica think we have pet lions, ride hippos to work and have giraffes that live in our garden. That would be kinda cool if it were true. But no, Johannesburg looks a bit like Los Angeles in parts. It has it's own unique vibe, but otherwise it's just a big city like any other.

• 1 month later...