11/29/18 - Johannesburg, South Africa - FNB Stadium

alfierose

In the seventies and eighties concert promoters in the states got away with cutting some safety corners in a lot of places.  Fire codes and regulations came down hard on that behavior and stopped it.  I would imagine many places in the world don't yet have codes and regulations that prevent some of this behavior.  Big crowds are fun at concerts, but stuff can get out of hand quick...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pastortine said:

In the seventies and eighties concert promoters in the states got away with cutting some safety corners in a lot of places.  Fire codes and regulations came down hard on that behavior and stopped it.  I would imagine many places in the world don't yet have codes and regulations that prevent some of this behavior.  Big crowds are fun at concerts, but stuff can get out of hand quick...

Yep, sad really. I get some of the fun could be lost but its not worth anything more than the safety of the fans in the stadium. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think that Troy person is addressing the promoter, or whatever Big Concerts is. He's not talking to the band when he's saying less and less people go to the events. Sad if true.

It does seem as if that's the case here.  What sucks is if you're the artist playing when things go sideways.  A sick Axl has to shorten a show and there is a backlash of complaints about not getting your money's worth (even though I'd bet the length of the show met agreed upon terms and conditions) If someone gets seriously hurt at your show the artist is the one who bears the brunt of the negative publicity associated with it.  By the way, less and less people may be attending this particular promotions shows, but dang... the GNR crowd didn't get the memo.  That place looks stacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastortine said:

It does seem as if that's the case here.  What sucks is if you're the artist playing when things go sideways.  A sick Axl has to shorten a show and there is a backlash of complaints about not getting your money's worth (even though I'd bet the length of the show met agreed upon terms and conditions) If someone gets seriously hurt at your show the artist is the one who bears the brunt of the negative publicity associated with it.  By the way, less and less people may be attending this particular promotions shows, but dang... the GNR crowd didn't get the memo.  That place looks stacked.

True , sadly the artists put them faces, instead the promotes are anonymous to audiences.