11/29/18 - Johannesburg, South Africa - FNB Stadium

alfierose

7 hours ago, Homefuck said:

I understand the analogy. With that said, I'm a musician myself, and when I've been on considerably smaller tours (like 15 shows in three weeks) neither me or my bandmates can stand to play the same set every night, even when we know that certain songs get more positive attention than others. When you do the same sets over and over, you feel like a machine and it kills the joy of performing. But it's all subjective I guess.

That's totally correct, it's subjective.  I remember Don Henley saying he had a very high tolerance for repetition so playing the same set wasn't an issue.  But he also probably had a low tolerance for playing half filled venues if they didn't play the songs people wanted to hear.

7 hours ago, GingerHair said:

Cannot agree more. At least he's consistent: he fucks up any song, from any album. 

Fortus is OK and, many people tried to explain to me but seems like I will never REALLY understand what Melissa does. 

In terms of your last paragraph me to. I need to track down some youtube clips where she might add "something" to the bands live sound.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have a hatred of Zeppelin that borders on the pathological.

Zeppelin  have a love of blues music that crosses the border of plagiarism!!

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

LZ is one of those bands that people either love or hate with a passion. Not sure why, is it the lengthy and boring solos bonham used to do?. I love me some 70s deep purple and black sabbath, but LZ were abit overrated.

I’m a big Sabbath head and could never see the appeal of Zeppelin. 

13 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Zeppelin  have a love of blues music that crosses the border of plagiarism!!

I’m a big Sabbath head and could never see the appeal of Zeppelin. 

HEY NOW!! Haha. I like both bands. Sabbath were just doom and gloom hippies. Lol. I think both are great though. Some people who are "rager metal heads" don't like Zeppelin. But love Sabbath. Well they were both about peace and love. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I don't hate them, but they were/are quite overrated.

What really irks me is the evidence of how much they sampled/stole from other artists, yet they seem to get a pass. 

I understand everyone has an opinion, and you are entitled to yours as well.  But to say one of most influential bands with so many albums of great rock tunes are overated, is a stretch IMO.  

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Looks like it was a very good show.  28 song set and nearly 4 hours?  Axl must have been feeling good.  That's one heck of a long show for the band and the fans.  Nice.

Very nice indeed, marathon like. I once went to a Springsteen show where he played over a 4 hour show and had a friggin intermission.  The thing is I don't think anyone left during the intermission. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 3:11 AM, HellfireBetty said:

I was in the golden circle at the rail I managed to just walk there without a VIP pass. In fact anyone who bought a VIP early access probably wasted a lot of money. Yes, loads of people but no one being crushed. 
Those Twitter comments are just some whiners. You will always get a few.
I thought it was great! I wish my phone battery didn't die halfway through, but got this cool shot:

Wow! Nice shot!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manfisman said:
Where is the audio from?

From the show, daaaah :lol:

It's very promising that they have the audio of every single NITL show. It'd be very stupid to not release a live compilation featuring their best performances of each song from this 2 years.

I hope they make things right

• Like 4