Axl kicks Aussie band off Stage 1988 - Sydney

mrmeyer

Context from Wikipedia:

They returned to Australia in 1988 to open for Guns N' Roses, but were kicked out of the tour after Clifford Hoad "dropped his pants in front of the audience and bad-mouthed Guns N' Roses publicly".[1] There had also been tension due to a remark Hoad made in an interview for the Australian On the Street magazine, where he claimed that Guns N' Roses took much of their image from Rose Tattoo.[10][11] Years later Hoad responded to this by stating "When I said those things, I meant them. It wasn’t necessarily aimed at Guns N’Roses. It was aimed at the Australian press and public. ‘OK, make a fuss over Guns N’Roses but at least know that Rose Tattoo exists.”[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_the_Sun_(band)#Kings_of_the_Sun_(1986-1998)

They sounded like a real bunch of tryhards, and lol at some of their music:

I don't even know why they were invited to share the ticket with Guns and The Angels. They play second fiddle to both of them. There were a million other Aussie rock bands at the time which were much better than Kings of the Sun.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1