1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

First time live since when? 1986 or so?

Not sure exactly which is why I didn't add it in the OP. I doubt it's much later than 86/87.

• Like 1

Im thinking marquee 87 or something around then. Band sound great and vocals were  on fire. Great to see

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Not sure exactly which is why I didn't add it in the OP. I doubt it's much later than 86/87.

Shadow of Your Love was already played at the very first GN'R gig back in March 1985

Guns N' Roses | SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE live 2018 !!! (Multicam-Remastered Audio)
*Played for the first time since 1986 on Denmark 2018 gig.

Audio remaster & Multicam: Fernomenoyde
ALL THE CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS: 
Simon Christensen, Anne Frederiksen, The Labrador, Rasmus Holmen.

• Like 1

Apologies to mods if this is wrong section for this...

Mel's Magic Tambourine?

I noted something in this SOYL performance that I think is neat. There is a synth pad at the end of the song that is either being played by Dizzy, is tethered to one of the principal players or Melissa is triggering the pads by tapping her tambourine. And Im actually leaning towards Melissa is triggering it with her tambourine!

This video is shaky but one can really hear the synth pad at end. And its not nearly as shaky for the part in question.  Check out around 2:01. Theres an ascending synthesizer pad that follows the percussive bursts that the other instruments are playing.

Is Dizzy playing this very Melissa type part while she plays an unnecessary tambourine? Is the pad tethered to a drum or guitar and triggered by their playing? Or is it the case that Melissa has a fancy digital tambourine to trigger the programmed pads?

I think its Melissa! And I guess the idea would be that playing the tambourine is more in keeping with guns then just pressing a button to trigger some programming?

10 hours ago, soon said:

Apologies to mods if this is wrong section for this...

Mel's Magic Tambourine?

I noted something in this SOYL performance that I think is neat. There is a synth pad at the end of the song that is either being played by Dizzy, is tethered to one of the principal players or Melissa is triggering the pads by tapping her tambourine. And Im actually leaning towards Melissa is triggering it with her tambourine!

This video is shaky but one can really hear the synth pad at end. And its not nearly as shaky for the part in question.  Check out around 2:01. Theres an ascending synthesizer pad that follows the percussive bursts that the other instruments are playing.

Is Dizzy playing this very Melissa type part while she plays an unnecessary tambourine? Is the pad tethered to a drum or guitar and triggered by their playing? Or is it the case that Melissa has a fancy digital tambourine to trigger the programmed pads?

I think its Melissa! And I guess the idea would be that playing the tambourine is more in keeping with guns then just pressing a button to trigger some programming?

I'm a percussionist and I've never heard of this.

You can create a tambourine sound with the keyboard, but I don't think that you can create a synth pad with a tambourine. 

It also looks and sounds like a normal percussion instrument.

Edited by Sosso

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm a percussionist and I've never heard of this.

You can create a tambourine sound with the keyboard, but I don't think that you can create a synth pad with a tambourine. 

It also looks and sounds like a normal percussion instrument.

Im suggesting that there is a percussive pad on the handle of the normal tambourine that is connected - like how a wireless mic works- to the synth device that triggers that programmed part.

He is ready for fucking Reckless Life or Nice Boys!

Edited by Tom-Ass

Pretty damn good.

I listened to it on the new AFD and thought how fast this song was and if Axl could sing it now.

Well, I guess this proves he can still sing this song. Very cool.

Wish he would do "Back off Bitch" and other fast songs from the UYI cds.

• Like 2