RussTCB

Silkworms and Oh My God Discussion **NO LINKS**

6 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Fair point but I'm not talking about the clip.

Damn! Even Axl is a hoarder.... Fucking putting pieces of new songs on intros of the shows to try to get attention and get more songs! :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I'll give it a whirl.

Unlike to surpass this utter perfection but I'll try to keep an open mind.

http://a.co/aDn7Mro

Full Disclosure: I have never actually listened to Ca Ira. It's the one piece of music Roger has released that I haven't given any time to, yet. Just wanted to throw it your way :) 

1 hour ago, brownstone91 said:

And you're lying to yourself if you actually believe that. The Chinese Democracy track list would have been B-sides on the UYI albums

Get rid of the nostalgia and fanboy hate on CD. Some of the best melodies and vocal performances are on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Setzer said:

Get rid of the nostalgia and fanboy hate on CD. Some of the best melodies and vocal performances are on Chinese Democracy.

And you have to piecemeal those because none of them are masterpieces from beginning to end...

Well, my 8 year old loves Silkworms. All I can hear now is her screaming "ABSURD!"

It passed the kid test, we have a hit!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not even sure what the deal is with that. From what I can tell, it's a VERY shitty quality recording where Axl may or may not be singing at some point. I do know that you can clearly hear a Michael Jackson outtake playing at the 15 second mark. Either that or GN'R ripped off a Michael Jackson outtake lol

I can hear some vocals that sound Like MJ for a moment, is that what you mean?

2 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Can someone PM me, I have a question about the leaks that can't be asked in public. 

The only question that you can’t ask publicly is “Can anyone link me to the leaks?”  So, what’s your question?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I can hear some vocals that sound Like MJ for a moment, is that what you mean?

Yeah, I clearly hear the intro vocals to an MJ outtake called Streetwalker, but that's just me. 

On 6/25/2018 at 7:18 PM, Fashionista said:

If you like KMFDM, Prodigy, NiN, Korn, Rob Zombie you'll like Silkworms. 

That's NOT GNR. If I want to listen to that type of music, I'll listen to Zombie, Korn and NIN for industrial. Those artists were never classic,  blues based hard rock. That's not their specialty. Ditto with  GNR going into industrial. It was NEVER Axl's forte. 

9 minutes ago, Draguns said:

That's NOT GNR. If I want to listen to that type of music, I'll listen to Zombie, Korn and NIN for industrial. Those artists were never classic,  blues based hard rock. That's not their specialty. Ditto with  GNR going into industrial. It was NEVER Axl's forte. 

Sometimes artists crave to get out of their own comfort zones to get some inspiration, Axl just happened to be privileged enough to work with some of the leaders of the genre to put together something special..but then we have folk who will bitch and moan that New GNR didn't sound like they're just trying to record an 80's album in the 2000's.  :lol:

21 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Sometimes artists crave to get out of their own comfort zones to get some inspiration, Axl just happened to be privileged enough to work with some of the leaders of the genre to put together something special..but then we have folk who will bitch and moan that New GNR didn't sound like they're just trying to record an 80's album in the 2000's.  :lol:

Im all about getting out of the bubble and being creative, but what Axl did wasnt really about it, it was just about his ego and showing who was the boss. Had it been only about creativity we'd have five "new" guns albuns released and not just one. 

All the bitching about nuguns is because Axl were never able to move on, his fans and himself were all stuck in the past because he failed to deliver a consistent product that would make people move on. Thats the only reason why people still want GNR sounding like a 80s band. 

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Im all about getting out of the bubble and being creative, but what Axl did wasnt really about it, it was just about his ego and showing who was the boss. Had it been only about creativity we'd have five "new" guns albuns released and not just one. 

All the bitching about nuguns is because Axl were never able to move on, his fans and himself were all stuck in the past because he failed to deliver a consistent product that would make people move on. Thats the only reason why people still want GNR sounding like a 80s band. 

I'd blame label issues too for not wanting to take part in Axl's wild ride after dumping the rest of the band.  :lol:

We could have had multiple albums if he chose a different route, releasing different music under a different name and leaving the GNR brand behind.

tryin' to make guitar tabs for Silkworms.

If someone wants to help out, just pm me.

Edited by NeonKinight
  • Like 1

Dude, its so simple that i bet BBF just recorded his guitar parts just to see what would come out of it. There's some licks here and there, but basically is just :

Tuning D#/Eb
1st Riff 
Eb -------0-----3-----0----3----0-----3-----0----3----5 (Pinch Harmonics n' vibrato)--

"Listen motherfuckers....."
Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2 let it ring out and then play it again

"Fuckin' litlle schemer..."
Eb -------0-----3-----0----3----0-----3-----0----3----5 (Pinch Harmonics n' vibrato)--

"Kneeelin' little dreamer...."

Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2 let it ring out and then play it again

"Syphilitic preachers baby I know who you are...."

ABSURD

Power Chord 6th Fret on low E, then 
Eb -------6-----5-----3----

Outro : 
Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2

ABSURD

Power Chord 6th Fret on low E, then 
Eb -------6-----5-----3----

~litlle solo~ 
and the song repeats itself till the end.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Why can't it be GNR? 

the old "ziz iz not guns n rozis, zis is axil with friends"

Well, at least, he got a point. The Main thing about chidem is that it's not (and don't even pretended to, or was intended to be) blues based hard rock 70's (Kinda New York Dolls thing)
Tks to Buckethead n' Finck, its power chord based. 

2 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

the old "ziz iz not guns n rozis, zis is axil with friends"

"and sukz", don't forget to add LOL

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The only question that you can’t ask publicly is “Can anyone link me to the leaks?”  So, what’s your question?

Maybe that was the question. 

10 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Maybe that was the question. 

In which case you shouldn't have posted that in the first place. We highlight the fact in every leak thread that posting requesting PM's isn't allowed. That's been the rule going back as far as the first CD leaks in 2006. 

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

In which case you shouldn't have posted that in the first place. We highlight the fact in every leak thread that posting requesting PM's isn't allowed. That's been the rule going back as far as the first CD leaks in 2006. 

I said maybe.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I clearly hear the intro vocals to an MJ outtake called Streetwalker, but that's just me. 

It does sound a bit like Streetwalker yeah. Although I think it's too hard for to make out.