RussTCB

Silkworms and Oh My God Discussion **NO LINKS**

Posted (edited)

Dkdkd

I meant to put that I haven’t heard the studio cuts. I think Silk Worms would be awesome!

Edited by grogmug

3 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Dkdkd

I meant to put that I haven’t heard the studio cuts. I think Silk Worms would be awesome!

Just now, fridayfan13 said:

Welp, im sure they'll pop up somewhere. It's the internet, tis a silly place.

Yeah, they'll make their way around. We just can't have anything to do with spreading them is all :)

Anybody know whats different about OMG? Yet to hear it. Curious what year it's from.

Love both songs, especially OMG. Wish I could hear these ones some day... maybe 10-year CD box set is coming in november? Wouldn't make sense but this is GNR...

i know we're all dying for new material but those are literally the two worst songs in gnr's catalog after my world. tbh im not even interested in the least bit but thats just me

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Heard and now own both of them on my computer* before they got taken down!!! Fucking awesome songs! Great day for GNR!

*out of respect for forum rules please don’t ask me for them

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

If I heard this, theoretically, I would probably deduce that Oh My God sounds incomplete and wanting in the end section. I would likely conclude that while it's vocals, more powerful and fierce, are negatively counterbalanced by a weaker rhythm section that feels pasted on.

I might possibly observe that Silkworms is one badass motherfucking rock track that CD sorely needed. 

Now bow your heads with me.

We downloading motherfuckers need jesus.

Amen. 

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Silkworms honestly blows. The one part I liked was the chorus and that isnt even in this. Song sounds like an unstructured mess and Axls lyrics and vocals on the verses blow.

OMG is kind of cool. I dont know if I like it more than the original although the new guitar solos are better.

Getting these scraps are cool I guess, but we need unheard shit like The General, Atlas, etc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Your moth... well, like... that's your opinion, man. 

I gave it another go last year and learned I liked the chorus. Go figure it isn't even in the song!

:lol:

• Like 1

Fucks sake, I sent the leaker a sarcastic message asking for Down By The Ocean instead as I thought they were bullshitting :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, downliner said:

Fucks sake, I sent the leaker a sarcastic message asking for Down By The Ocean instead as I thought they were bullshitting :lol:

Ask for Jackie, General, Atlas!

I haven't heard them :max:, but I've enjoyed reading the opinions of those that have. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Silkworms honestly blows. The one part I liked was the chorus and that isnt even in this. Song sounds like an unstructured mess and Axls lyrics and vocals on the verses blow.

What do you mean? It's not the full song? A bad sound mix? Hope to hear it soon

Edited by fanfzero

2 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

What do you mean? It's not the full song? A bad sound mix? Hope to hear it soon

They are studio recordings, but the quality of both songs isn't great. Neither could be released in this state. 

Just now, sofine11 said:

Does anyone other than Zoso have these?

I was able to snag them before they got taken down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would assume everyone understands this but I want to say again: our only concern in this is the legal trouble, that's why we have strict rules on links and PM requests. 

I'm 100% certain the songs will make their way around, it's the internet after all, just be patient :)

If there's one fanbase that knows something about patience...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2