NEW Interview, Steven Adler AND RussTCB!!

2 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

:lol:Drunk uncles are embarrasing and make me cringe. Listening to Steven’s interviews always bring a smile to my face. He’s fun.

Sorry, you would say me , what said Steven about Fernando❓😌

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Something pretty cool happened to me yesterday and I can share it now!

I'm friends with the main DJ on the biggest rock station in Detroit. Steven Adler is playing a show here in Detroit this weekend, so Meltdown (my buddy who is the DJ) had an interview scheduled with him yesterday. Meltdown sent me a text asking for questions to ask Steven and I gave him a bunch.

About an hour before the interview, Meltdown asked me if I'd be open to having him do an interview with me prior to Steven so I said sure! 

So he called me, we did my interview over the phone, then I was able to listen in while he did the interview with Steven. Then he wrapped up the show by chatting with me some more. 

In short.... I was on the phone with Steven Adler yesterday! Lol. Got to do a little interview of my own, make sure good questions were asked AND plug our site in the process! Not a bad little afternoon :)

Here's a link, enjoy! 

http://wrif.com/episodes/radio-chatter-steven-adler/

Wow!!! Congrats Russ!!! That's nice from you friend and an amazing feeling for any GN'R fan, so i think you must feel so happy!!!

Cheers!!!

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm friends with the main DJ on the biggest rock station in Detroit. Steven Adler is playing a show here in Detroit this weekend, so Meltdown (my buddy who is the DJ) had an interview scheduled with him yesterday. Meltdown sent me a text asking for questions to ask Steven and I gave him a bunch.

About an hour before the interview, Meltdown asked me if I'd be open to having him do an interview with me prior to Steven so I said sure! 

So he called me, we did my interview over the phone, then I was able to listen in while he did the interview with Steven. Then he wrapped up the show by chatting with me some more. 

In short.... I was on the phone with Steven Adler yesterday! Lol. Got to do a little interview of my own, make sure good questions were asked AND plug our site in the process! Not a bad little afternoon :)

Here's a link, enjoy! 

Nice stuff @RussTCB!

:headbang:

just listening to your interview and something caught my attention

you mention that axl said that about the process of recording his solo album that they had to re-do stuff because "technology changed" (or something to that effect) on that (8 years? 10 years?) time period? man... he seriously said that? oh shit that has got to be the worst of excuses! seriously why doesn't axl just take the blame for all the bullshit and nonsense that went on the recording of his solo album and stop blaming the world for it? how difficult is that? we all know that he spend years not going to rehearsals and sitting on music and alienating people. We all know that thousands of signed and unsigned music acts -- from Slash to teenage kids in their bedrooms -- were able to record and release music on "proper time" during that time period! Doesn't axl realise that he is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who couldn't get a record done on "proper time" on that time period?

ok, now let me get back to the interview!

edit: thankfully right after you clarify that axl probably took four years of actual work and most of the time axl dabbled here and there as you mentioned!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Nice stuff @RussTCB!

just listening to your interview and something caught my attention

you mention that axl said that about the process of recording his solo album that they had to re-do stuff because "technology changed" (or something to that effect) on that (8 years? 10 years?) time period? man... he seriously said that? oh shit that has got to be the worst of excuses! seriously why doesn't axl just take the blame for all the bullshit and nonsense that went on the recording of his solo album and stop blaming the world for it? how difficult is that? we all know that he spend years not going to rehearsals and sitting on music and alienating people. We all know that thousands of signed and unsigned music acts -- from Slash to teenage kids in their bedrooms -- were able to record and release music on "proper time" during that time period! Doesn't axl realise that he is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who couldn't get a record done on "proper time" on that time period?

ok, now let me get back to the interview!

edit: thankfully right after you clarify that axl probably took four years of actual work and most of the time axl dabbled here and there as you mentioned!

Yeah, that's kind of important to me to clarify sometimes. 

27 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

ON SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE

I completely agree with Steven about the re-recording of Shadow of Your Love. There it is, Steven is saying the exact same thing that many of us already said here on this forum: the lead guitars are obviously re-recorded. PLUS he is saying that the drums are not from his recordings, which is also something that a few people here said too. There you go, straight from the horse's mouth!

ABOUT STEVEN PLAYING AXL SONGS

It would be fantastic! I go even further. I believe that (the) one thing that can be done to improve Axl solo songs is to give them "the GNR treatment". I know that that is completely unrealistic and likely will never happen in this lifetime but sometimes I do wonder how fun would it be if someday Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven had a chance to rearrange a few -- maybe all -- of those songs and play them with Axl. The GNR way.

LOVED THE INTERVIEW

Amazing reaction from Steven when he heard about Slither.

All these things that Steven says -- from calling axl solo album what it really is and also the obvious realization that it was the GNR music that kept the GNR name alive (and not axl's solo band and tours!) -- is probably what everyone in the music bizz says in private. Like you mentioned @RussTCB, he doesn't give political answers. Steven is the unfiltered (and "infectious", yes!) guy who goes and says all that in public. A rarity in a day and age when so many of us are afflictively self-conscious.

While I disagree with a lot of your points, I'm really glad you liked the interview. I thought Steven's reaction to GNR playing Slither was awesome too :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Should be no problem, he was around for a good bit of the initial writing of some UYI tracks (NR, DC, Civil War, YCBM) and when you look at him playing drums on YT there's no doubt he's petty solid these days, I'd say even better than ever because he's got it together. I think the problem is his uncompliant persona and perhaps some sort of unpredictability when it comes to big productions with a lot of heads involved. For some reason, I really can't see that dude going through Fernando to communicate with his lead singer if you catch my drift. However, I believe from a music point of view no one in his right mind would pick any other drummer for this band than him if they could. But these days, the brand's shadow's taller than its soul, unfortunately. Have a look and listen to this and think about him playing TWAT, Better or CD. ;) Sorry man but I just love the guy, he's one hell of a great drummer. 

I've seen that. And I have lisented to a rehearsal he did in the late 80s. He played CW, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me and others. I've watched shows from the 80s where he played DC. During their club days they used to play DC often. I have watched videos of him playing UYI songs. But I never saw him playing Coma or Estranged. I don't think he is gonna have a problem. Nor I think playing CD songs is a big deal

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Padme said:

I've seen that. And I have lisented to a rehearsal he did in the late 80s. He played CW, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me and others. I've watched shows from the 80s where he played DC. During their club days they used to play DC often. I have watched videos of him playing UYI songs. But I never saw him playing Coma or Estranged. I don't think he is gonna have a problem. Nor I think playing CD songs is a big deal

My thing with him playing CD stuff is just that some of it is so different that I'd love to hear his take on them. I don't doubt Adler's ability to play the songs, I just think he'd add his own touch for sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with him playing CD stuff is just that some of it is so different that I'd love to hear his take on them. I don't doubt Adler's ability to play the songs, I just think he'd add his own touch for sure.

I also think so, but some people prefer his style of drumming (me included, but if he ever plays them let's hear what's better)

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just finished up the interview.. Great job Russ. You should try to get to that show this weekend. Even with that fucking singer I bet it will be a blast.

Glad to hear Steven has been sober for over 4 years.  

\m/

Thank you! :)

I'm really going to try but it's not looking good at the moment :/ 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's a link, enjoy! 

Pretty cool. Where is Adler playing in Detroit this weekend? 

4 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Pretty cool. Where is Adler playing in Detroit this weekend? 

He's playing the WRIF HarleyFest but I'm not sure where that's happening. If I were to guess, I'd say Sterling Heights maybe?