NEW Interview, Steven Adler AND RussTCB!!

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's playing the WRIF HarleyFest but I'm not sure where that's happening. If I were to guess, I'd say Sterling Heights maybe?

Harleyfest huh? That sounds like a great time.. I had a blast the couple times I saw him.. That douche wasn't on vocals though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sosso said:

Wouldn't that mean that he's a sell out and not an artist?

if steven is a sellout Duff and especially Slash are 1000 times sell outs. 

steven doesn t like chinese. me neither. but I attend the shows cause I love gnr songs. chinese doesnt sound like gnr and i must not love it but I still can go and rock the fu?? out of the other songs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

steven doesn t like chinese. me neither. but I attend the shows cause I love gnr songs. chinese doesnt sound like gnr and i must not love it but I still can go and rock the fu?? out of the other songs.

That is what I do.  Everyone needs a piss break anyway... 

8 minutes ago, Natty said:

if steven is a sellout Duff and especially Slash are 1000 times sell outs. 

Slash and Duff never said that they don't like CD. In fact they've said the opposite, even if they were being diplomatic.

9 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Slash and Duff never said that they don't like CD. In fact they've said the opposite, even if they were being diplomatic.

Exactly. Steven is the only one who's really insulted it and he does so again in this interview. That's why I was so curious if he'd play it or not. 

11 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

AskMen.com: What do you think of [GUNS N' ROSES' album] "Chinese Democracy"?

Duff: It's funny; so many people have asked me that question and I gotta figure out why people think my opinion matters . . . I think Axl [Rose] did a great job on that record and other than that, the songs and the band are a completely different thing, so for me to really comment on the band, I might as well be commenting on the new SLIPKNOT record. It's that far removed from me. We [GUNS] made our last record in '92 or '93 or something — that was 16 years ago. That was a lifetime ago for me. I was still using and stuff back then. So, that's how long ago it was for me. It's great ["Chinese Democracy"]. There are songs on it that I like and there are songs on it that I don't like, just like any other record.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-talks-loaded-chinese-democracy/

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is what I do.  Everyone needs a piss break anyway... 

you are right. I would do the same but usually I am front row and I wait until the show is over to go to the toilet. but I can check more of the stage details during the cd songs or look if I can see Dizzy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

but they are sell outs due to other reasons... Duff does everything to gain more money. slash in the past played with anyone doesn t matter which musical genre. Fergie/ michael jackson. guitar hero.. he is a huge sellout. 

I like the guys but Sosso calling steven a sell out is just not right. because until 2018 he is least sell out of all together with Izzy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

but they are sell outs due to other reasons... Duff does everything to gain more money. slash in the past played with anyone doesn t matter which musical genre. Fergie/ michael jackson. guitar hero.. he is a huge sellout. 

I like the guys but Sosso calling steven a sell out is just not right. because until 2018 he is least sell out of all together with Izzy

I haven't called him a sell out. I just asked a question. 

10 minutes ago, Natty said:

How is that selling out exactly? Guy has to put food on the table somehow, and I guarantee you his solo albums earned him maybe less than a tenth what Guns did.

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How is that selling out exactly? Guy has to put food on the table somehow, and I guarantee you his solo albums earned him maybe less than a tenth what Guns did.

I interpreted this post as a comparison, not as saying they are sellouts. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Dusty Bone
Typo

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. Steven is the only one who's really insulted it and he does so again in this interview. That's why I was so curious if he'd play it or not. 

I think it was around the HOF induction when Steven was hating/loving Axl from interview to interview.

He loved him, then he was done with him, then he loved him again. And now he keeps insulting him, calling him asshole etc, but he loves him of course. :lol:

I thought that Steven had practised the whole catalogue - even the CD songs by his own when he learned that a reunion was imminent.

13 minutes ago, Natty said:

I don't see Steven as a sellout... Especially if we overlook the celebrity rehab thing he did and his mother's book promo, no, he is not a sell out.

As for the other guys I don't see what's wrong about making more money. They made music, not sex tapes...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I think it was around the HOF induction when Steven was hating/loving Axl from interview to interview.

He loved him, then he was done with him, then he loved him again. And now he keeps insulting him, calling him asshole etc, but he loves him of course. :lol:

I thought that Steven had practised the whole catalogue - even the CD songs by his own when he learned that a reunion was imminent.

I don't see Steven as a sellout... Especially if we overlook the celebrity rehab thing he did and his mother's book promo, no, he is not a sell out.

As for the other guys I don't see what's wrong about making more money. They made music, not sex tapes...

I suppose he couldn t say no to his mother. which is a bit different than MJ or fergie.

moreover steven didn t get the opportunities to choose and i think he needed money and did rehab for that.

I don t have to convince you. If you think he is a sellout instead of a genuine person than continue to think so. 

for me axl slash and duff are corp.guys. I still love them but I liked them better 25 y ago

13 minutes ago, Natty said:

I suppose he couldn t say no to his mother. which is a bit different than MJ or fergie.

moreover steven didn t get the opportunities to choose and i think he needed money and did rehab for that.

I don t have to convince you. If you think he is a sellout instead of a genuine person than continue to think so. 

for me axl slash and duff are corp.guys. I still love them but I liked them better 25 y ago

I don't think he is a sell out.

But saying no to your mother is much easier than saying no to MJ :lol:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dusty Bone said:

I interpreted this post as a comparison, not as saying they are sellouts. Could be wrong though.

it was a comparison yeah. however during the last 20 years Axl Slash and duff became more business people than rockers.

Steven and izzy remained as they were. especially izzy. They still would love to have GNR back as it was. not the bloated band with 2 keyboarders.

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

it was a comparison yeah. however during the last 20 years Axl Slash and duff became more business people than rockers.

Steven and izzy remained as they were. especially izzy. They still would love to have GNR back as it was. not the bloated band with 2 keyboarders.

What's wrong with to keyboardists? 

1 hour ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Yes, they not made sex tapes...sex tape is a Tommy Lee specialty...:lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

For starters it's 2 too many.  Especially for Guns'n'Roses!  ...Or any hard rock band for that matter

I wouldn't mind keyboardists in any band, because they can add quit a lot to the band sound. 

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I wouldn't mind keyboardists in any band, because they can add quit a lot to the band sound. 

Eh...  To each his own.  Personally I think adding a 3rd guitar would be better for adding to a hard rock band's sound.  But what can I do?  Not my band.  Just my favorite band...

4 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

Eh...  To each his own.  Personally I think adding a 3rd guitar would be better for adding to a hard rock band's sound.  But what can I do?  Not my band.  Just my favorite band...

You have to keep to mind that they could add any sound you want. Additional guitar and bass lines, drums, sound effects, orchestras, etc. It's just a matter of how you use them.