WTTJ 1986 Sound City Sessions available to stream

1 minute ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

You think they will play in Brasil again next year?

Anyway, available in Spotify Philippines as well.

god... I hope not, I don't have money for it and to get down here for the third time to play the same setlist? I dont really want that

2 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

god... I hope not, I don't have money for it and to get down here for the third time to play the same setlist? I dont really want that

I wanna visit your beautiful country again next year. So I hope so. lol. But yeah, youre right. Same setlist. But hey, SOYL is there! I watched at Sao Paulo Trip, so maybe RiR next year!

18 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

wonder if gnr will start playing the sound city session versions of their songs at upcoming concerts  welcome to the jungle is slower it would allow axl time to catch his breath

They could do that, but Frank will speed up the song so it will end up just sounding like the normal album version :P

18 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

wonder if gnr will start playing the sound city session versions of their songs at upcoming concerts  welcome to the jungle is slower it would allow axl time to catch his breath

Would be cool, but casual fans who are not aware of this version will probably think its cuz of Axl not able to sing the faster version. Negative press.

Jungle is meant to be a quick-tempo’d song. I’m glad they ended up figuring that out. Still a cool version though for sure. Great quality. Although it would be pretty cool to have Axl sing it like this at a few shows just for the hell of it, to see how it’d sound in 2018. 

We’ve been so spoiled the last few days with leaks, songs performed for the very first time and some in decades, and now this! Makes my GN’R heart happy. :) 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Jungle is meant to be a quick-tempo’d song. I’m glad they ended up figuring that out. Still a cool version though for sure. Great quality. Although it would be pretty cool to have Axl sing it like this at a few shows just for the hell of it, to see how it’d sound in 2018. 

We’ve been so spoiled the last few days with leaks, songs performed for the very first time and some in decades, and now this! Makes my GN’R heart happy. :)

I agree about the tempo.

Still, as you say - it's very cool to have this version. It's so fucking sleazy! :heart:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

i just listened to it on spotify is this the same session with the slow sweet child?

No.  Instead of releasing the definitive AFD boxset, they decided to skip the ENTIRE Pasha session (13 tracks incl. the SCOM you're referring to) AND the ENTIRE Mystic session (6 tracks).)

They even left out one of the Sound City tracks (Don't Cry) ...

But hey ... it's GNR, what did you expect ?!