What is your favorite guitar solo ever?

Fashionista

Mr Crowley, Ozzy.  Both solos.

Album version, Randy Rhoads live on Tribute. And Wyldes take on Live and Load from no more tours, tour

Runners up

Back and Forth Again - Slash

Soma, Cherub Rock - Billy Corgan

Shine a Light, Stripped version - Ronnie Wood

Edited by soon
  • Like 3

The best guitar solos to me are not necessarily studio stuff you can name off done track but rather ones where someone like Jimi or John Frusciante go off on one.  A lot of surf music is, though not typically guitar solo but rather instrumental guitar stuff that is quite hard, like The Ventures and that.  Link Wray has some wonderful stuff in that regard too.  Johnny Thunders has some wonderfully simple but equally effective work on his live shit, I guess I’m not really answering the question properly.  John Squire from The Stone Roses has some nice solos.  Johnny Marr on Big Mouth Strikes Again is a cracking solo.  Glenn Branca, Thurston Moore, Kurt Cobain were all capable or making an admirable racket too with their live solos.  Wayne Kramer too from MC5.  Keith Richards plays a sickeningly good one on Sympathy for the Devil.