E3 2018 Thread

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Here's hoping Microsoft has something to show this year.  Pretty lacklustre couple of years. 

I just want them to announce some exclusives that I care about for the Xbox One. They’ve been focusing so much on cross platform play with PC and other ammendities such as OG Xbox compatibility (which is still cool) that they haven’t had any games I care about come out recently. 

I'm liking what I'm seeing from EA so far. Battlefield looks fun and I like that they're continuing to innovate their mechanics. I would prefer a modern setting, but then I saw this announcement trailer. Only a bit of gameplay in there, but I think that's going to be pretty good.

Very excited for Anthem. A bit sad that there was nothing on Dragon Age, but that was expected.

Microsoft is coming up soon, but I'm eager for Bethesda's tonight. I really hope FO76 isn't the only big thing they're promoting. 

We know we're getting an AC game tomorrow; feel sort of meh about it given Origins.

That's all I'm looking for, but I'd like to be surprised too. Greedfall should show up for a bit, but I still don't know what to expect from it.

• Like 1

Microsoft’s was pretty good this year. Happy to see that they’re dedicating more to having great games on Xbox. I think they nailed it in terms of having a killer lineup- new Halo, new Forza, Gears of War, Crackdown. Crackdown 3 looks fucking awesome and I can’t wait. Forza Horizon 4 looks great even as a non racing fan. Cyberpunk 2077 looks pretty cool. Pretty shocked Kingdom Hearts 3 made the jump to Xbox. Battletoads reveal is exciting. Glad to see some Cuphead DLC.

All in all a pretty damn good presentation. I’d say it wasn’t mind blowing, but good. Lots of these games will be on PC or PS4. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Microsoft’s was pretty good this year. Happy to see that they’re dedicating more to having great games on Xbox. I think they nailed it in terms of having a killer lineup- new Halo, new Forza, Gears of War, Crackdown. Crackdown 3 looks fucking awesome and I can’t wait. Forza Horizon 4 looks great even as a non racing fan. Cyberpunk 2077 looks pretty cool. Pretty shocked Kingdom Hearts 3 made the jump to Xbox. Battletoads reveal is exciting. Glad to see some Cuphead DLC.

All in all a pretty damn good presentation. I’d say it wasn’t mind blowing, but good. Lots of these games will be on PC or PS4. 

I was thrilled to see CP77. Would have liked some gameplay, but I won't complain too much. A lot of people are saying they were disappointed by the trailer's brightness and lack of grit. But I'll wait to form an opinion until I get into the city myself and play. I watched the second half of the presentation and thought it was pretty good overall.

Interesting that FO76 got a pretty big spot in the presentation though. Makes me think (hope) FO76 is possibly not the big reveal for Bethesda, or at least not the only one.

EDIT: Cool info in here regarding Cyberpunk - https://imgur.com/a/PQ2FOio

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I was thrilled to see CP77. Would have liked some gameplay, but I won't complain too much. A lot of people are saying they were disappointed by the trailer's brightness and lack of grit. But I'll wait to form an opinion until I get into the city myself and play. I watched the second half of the presentation and thought it was pretty good overall.

Interesting that FO76 got a pretty big spot in the presentation though. Makes me think (hope) FO76 is possibly not the big reveal for Bethesda, or at least not the only one.

EDIT: Cool info in here regarding Cyberpunk - https://imgur.com/a/PQ2FOio

I loved the brightness. In an era of FPS and constantly dark games I appreciate games like this

Glad we got confirmation of Starfield, that's the biggest thing for me for this E3. Guess it will be a 2019 or more likely, a 2020 release. Not sure why they bothered with TES:VI, everyone knows it's coming so confirmation wasn't really needed. I still won't expect it until 2021/22 at the earliest. Todd said in an interview it's still in preproduction/concepting. Reddit has analyzed the teaser though and the current consensus is Hammerfell is the location.

Journalists and insiders got to see about an hour of CP2077 gameplay. Pretty much all glowing reviews and they've been able to recount many interesting details.

And I don't think anyone else here plays For Honor, but I was pleasantly surprised by what Ubisoft showed for that.

Not sure how to feel about AC. I like the direction they're going in and the game looks good, but I still feel sort of "meh" about the whole series. I think AC needs a several year break to re-examine itself, both story and mechanic wise. A new engine should be a priority, but it doesn't seem like they think so.

I'm pretty happy with this E3. Only complaint: no Star Wars games other than BFII DLC?! Disney is annoyingly ignoring this market. The SW world is so rich and the potential game stories are boundless.

6 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I'm pretty happy with this E3. Only complaint: no Star Wars games other than BFII DLC?! Disney is annoyingly ignoring this market. The SW world is so rich and the potential game stories are boundless.

It's insane that they're not producing, but at the same time, it's not as though they've had a great track record since taking over LucasArts.  

Would love to see an X-Wing or Tie Fighter game.  Make it VR enabled and I'm buying the necessary rig or PS4 system to play it.  They could make the final mission the Death Star scene (even though it's been done numerous times).  I'd love to fly around and blow up the Death Star with a modern machine.  I remember when Rogue Leader came out for the GameCube and everyone thought it had the most amazing visuals to ever hit a game console.  One could only imagine how great it would look on current generation machines (or, in your case OB, a killer PC set up).  

Still such a shame they shuttered 1313. 

So much wasted opportunities.  It's like waiting on new GNR music.